Bad season for Rogers ahead

Bro Deal said:
This confirms another Cranky theory. What are the odds that he contracts the same rare virus twice?

My theory is that all viruses hibernate in our bodies once we are infected. Like herpes, which flares when we are under stress (I don't have it BTW), I think we all carry cold viruses, and when we expose ourselves to extreme weather, the virus just simply comes out of hibernation and flares. This would explain why we catch a cold in the middle of the sea (away from other people) on a cold fishing trip.

So I think Michael has the Epstein-Barr virus... and it is going to decide to declare war on his body when he is under stress.

Any medical gurus wishing to properly correct my layman flaws, please do.

whiteboytrash said:
Well timed and very convenient for Mr. Rogers.......
Are you serious WBT? Do you think he got his doctor friend to write the teacher a note??

Bro Deal said:
That's what I was thinking when I read the article.
More likely the Sinkewitz threat contributed to his stress levels. How can he stop training for eight weeks based on a lie? IMO it's just a coincidence. But he is in the fry pan.

Crankyfeet said:
This confirms another Cranky theory. What are the odds that he contracts the same rare virus twice?

My theory is that all virus' hibernate in our bodies once we are infected. Like herpes, which flares when we are under stress (I don't have it BTW), I think we all carry cold viruses, and when we expose ourselves to extreme weather, the virus just simply comes out of hibernation and flares. This would explain why we catch a cold in the middle of the sea (away from other people) on a cold fishing trip.

So I think Michael has the Epstein-Barr virus... and it is going to decide to declare war on his body when he is under stress.

How come you know so much about Herpes? And how did a disease get to be named after a Nobel Prize winning physicist and a fat pog?

050405_einstein_tongue.widec.jpg
rosanne-barr.jpg

Crankyfeet said:
More likely the Sinkewitz threat contributed to his stress levels. How can he stop training for eight weeks based on a lie? IMO it's just a coincidence. But he is in the fry pan.
It gives him a nice excuse to lie low and be in an out of the way place when the german investigation reveals he was on T-Mob's program. No race organizers can complain about the risk of having him at their event.

classic1 said:
How come you know so much about Herpes? And how did a disease get to be named after a Nobel Prize winning physicist and a fat pog?
No...it's named after a fat pog and the gay manager of the Beatles who committed suicide, Brian Epstein...

brianepstein.jpg

Bro Deal said:
It gives him a nice excuse to lie low and be in an out of the way place when the german investigation reveals he was on T-Mob's program. No race organizers can complain about the risk of having him at their event.
If it turns out that this is a big Stapleton Lie...I'm outta here... good news for a few CF'ers (me being outa here that is)... :p

Crankyfeet said:
My theory is that all virus' hibernate in our bodies once we are infected. Like herpes, which flares when we are under stress (I don't have it BTW), I think we all carry cold viruses, and when we expose ourselves to extreme weather, the virus just simply comes out of hibernation and flares. This would explain why we catch a cold in the middle of the sea (away from other people) on a cold fishing trip.

I am not even close to a medical guru but i did consult Dr "google" when i read the story about rogers and discovered that Epstein Barr is in fact a part of the herpes family, so you might be spot on Cranky.

As to whether the stress is from sinkewitz stories or training i prefer to believe the latter, until i hear evidence to the contrary.

Bro Deal said:
yep, got to admit that it crossed my mind too.

Crankyfeet said:
No...it's named after a fat pog and the gay manager of the Beatles who committed suicide, Brian Epstein...

brianepstein.jpg
Ok, how did Mick Rogers get it when he's not a fat pog or ghey? Unless he is ghey?:eek:

If he has this dormant virus then yes in situations of physical and / or mental stress the virus can re-emerge. It is well documented that professional athletes especially cyclists are constantly on the verge of pushing their bodies past the safe recovery threshold.

This actually is part of the reason that these athletes first took PEDs i.e. cortisone & testosterone, to fix their body before getting cumulative breakdown.

All so cinic…
tongue.gif

Plectrum, cortisone not help breakdown,….cortisone maked in breakdown….cortisone abuse contribute E-B ilness with masking…they love cortisone to kill pain, make head spin and early EPO use combine always cortisone..stupid pratica Michelle Ferrari not recomend...
biggrin.gif
...never

testosteron you right
rolleyes.gif

italiano said:
All so cinic…
tongue.gif

Plectrum, cortisone not help breakdown,….cortisone maked in breakdown….cortisone abuse contribute E-B ilness with masking…they love cortisone to kill pain, make head spin and early EPO use combine always cortisone..stupid pratica Michelle Ferrari not recomend...
biggrin.gif
...never

testosteron you right
rolleyes.gif
Please try to use this: http://babelfish.altavista.com/

http://www.babelfish.altavista.com