BAD seller - Mike Creed Sr.

Bill C wrote:
> MJR wrote:
> > I'm not saying anything bad about you .. you trusted this guy and

he
> > dicked you. But, let some good come from it and let other people

> learn
> > from it.

> What evidence do you have that OMC dicked this person? I have no
> evidence that they even know each other. I have no evidence who, if
> anyone is lieing. How do I know that the you and the two accusers
> aren't people OMC has ****** off by being outspoken and they are

making
> a false claim to get even? We don't know squat at this point.
> OMC has some standing here, but that shouldn't bias the case, but If

> say they are pedophiles, that has the same standing as the

accusations
> that have been made on the evidence that has been presented here.
> Bill C
> Don't accuse without evidence.

aol.com = the florida license plates of the information
superhighway....

Eric Harvey wrote:
> I'll make one response here, for the sake of clarifying things. I

actually
> used to frequent this group quite a bit back in the mid-late 90s, but

after
> seeing some of the responses here....I remember why I left.
>
> OMC, as he is being referred to here, had plenty of opportunity to

make
> things right. After my first inquiry, he said the package was "lost"

in
> customs and then implied that he had it back in his posession. He

said he
> would be re-sending it on Jan. 24. After not receiving it in 3 weeks
> (again), I e-mailed him and asked for a refund as it was 3 months and

I had
> received no shoes/pedals. The reply was again about the package

being lost.
> Blame the post system once, but don't blame it twice. I have done

HUNDREDS
> of cross-border transactions, and never once has something truly been

lost,
> nor has anything taken THREE months to arrive. So don't blame Canada
> (Kunich, you stupid f*cknut, shut your pie-hole). If any of you were

in my
> situation, what would you have done? After requesting a refund of my

money,
> and being assured by OMC that it would happen, NOTHING happened in

the
> following month. And that brought us to today.
>
> I know OMC likes to read the newsgroups, and he also has his

reputation in
> the much-vaunted society of "fathers of nearly famous bike racing

sons".
> So, I posted the story, in its facts. And do you want to know the

result:

> OMC paid my PayPal account $300 today, by 2 PM. No more prompting on

my
> part, and no more false promises on his part. What exactly does this

tell
> you? It tells me that he is a ******** artist who might make good on

some
> deals, but at the same time might also rip someone off. It also

tells me
> that he was unwilling to do it unless he might possibly face scorn

and/or
> embarassment from his precious little society. To me, the fact that

he did
> nothing until he felt he might have some egg on his face, that speaks
> volumes about his character. But hey, if you clowns want to believe

that
> there is "another side to the story" and kiss OMC's ass because it

makes you
> feel closer to the bigtime then be my guest. I got my money back.
>
> I don't care if you all want to flame me, assassinate my personality,
> whatever. Go nuts, do your best in true r.b.r tradition. I know

where my
> morality lies, and I can count on hundreds of people I have sold

bicycle
> stuff to over the internet as satisfied customers. OMC cannot say

the same.
> Finally, if you want further evidence, in addition to the poster

(Tommy aka
> TA) who also alluded to a bad deal with OMC, I also received two

private
> e-mails from other frequenters of the groups who offered up their own
> accounts of problematic deals with OMC. Sounds like a pattern.
>
> Whatever,
>
> Eric
>

> "Eric Harvey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Sorry for the cross-posting, but I just want to get the info out on

this
> > a-hole. I have been doing bike-related buying and selling over the

> internet
> > via newsgroups and websites since 1994 and I have never been

"burned"
> until
> > this transaction.
> >
> > On Nov. 23, 2004, I paid Mr. Creed $300 USD via PayPal for a pair

of new
> > Shimano R215 shoes and Dura-Ace SPD-SL pedals that were advertised

on
> > roadbikereview.com. The agreement was to send the package via US

Postal
> > service airmail to me in Canada. They did not arrive before

Christmas, but
> > gave some extra grace period because this is a very busy time for

the mail
> > system.
> >
> > After not receiving anything by Jan. 11, 2005, I e-mailed Mr. Creed

and
> > inquired. He was very responsive, even offering to "buy new

shoes/pedals
> and
> > send them". I told him to first check into the situation with the

post
> > office. He replied on Jan. 21 saying that the USPS had found the

package
> in
> > customs and the label had been damaged, hence the delay. He said he

would
> > re-send them by Monday Jan. 24.
> >
> > By Feb. 17, I started to believe that nothing was coming. I sent

Mr. Creed
> > an e-mail stating that I was unsure about the transaction and its
> > legitimacy, and that at this point I just wanted my money to be

refunded
> > my PayPal account. Obviously I had no recourse to file a complaint

via
> > PayPal because the 30 day window had expired (edit: it is actually

45
> days,
> > still makes no difference). However, I told Mr. Creed that in the

> interests
> > of fair trade he should refund my money. He replied, initially

saying
> > something about the lost package, I replied back that I just wanted

my
> > money, and he replied saying "refund forthcoming".
> >
> > It is now Mar. 16, and I have not received a refund. Again, I fully

> realize
> > that I don't really have any grounds, but I have told Mr. Creed

that I
> would
> > be posting about his trading habits here and on rec.bicycles

newsgroups
> > where also frequents. I would fully recommend that anyone reading

this to
> > never consider a purchase from Mr. Creed, regardless of the price

and
> > promises.
> >
> > Mr. Creed, I know you read these newsgroups. Don't try to engage

me in a
> > conversation about the situation. It has been nearly 4 months since

you
> > received my money and I have received nothing! I do not want to

talk about
> > it on this forum or in e-mail. I just want you to simply refund my

money
> > my PayPal account. That is the only honest solution you can provide

at
> this
> > point.
> >
> > Eric

Man, you got your money back and you're still bitter?? I would have
just said, "Yeah, got my 3 bills back. Thanks for nothing." end of
story. Rant on brother, rant on...

Tom

Eric Harvey wrote:
> [...]

> would
> > be posting about his trading habits here and on rec.bicycles

newsgroups
> > where also frequents. I would fully recommend that anyone reading

this to
> > never consider a purchase from Mr. Creed, regardless of the price

and
> > promises.
> >
> > Mr. Creed, I know you read these newsgroups. Don't try to engage

me in a
> > conversation about the situation. It has been nearly 4 months since

you
> > received my money and I have received nothing! I do not want to

talk about
> > it on this forum or in e-mail. I just want you to simply refund my

money
> > my PayPal account. That is the only honest solution you can provide

I don't see anyone attacking you personally. I see people pointing out
experiences they've had that might be relevant to your situation, and
people saying they've had good experiences with OMC. What your ******
off about is that he is being given the benefit of the doubt and we
aren't all just jumping on the bash OMC bandwagon without having a lot
more information. Getting into a pissing match with half the group
isn't going to make you look any better. If you spent any serious time
here in the past you know that nobody has even begun to warm up with
the attacks. **** I don't even think anyones called you a DUMBASS yet.
Bill C

Creed is a crumb. Where's my carbon fiber BoB Yak, ya crumb!

In article <[email protected]>,
CowPunk <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Maybe it's hard to get time off from Burger King.... or Kunich is too

>> busy lusting after him....

>Is that the BK across from the OTC?

Not sure... Ask lafferty.
--
-*- Scott Patton
-*- Colorado Springs, CO

Eric Harvey wrote:

> OMC paid my PayPal account $300 today, by 2 PM. No more prompting on my
> part, and no more false promises on his part. What exactly does this tell
> you? It tells me that he is a ******** artist who might make good on some
> deals, but at the same time might also rip someone off. It also tells me
> that he was unwilling to do it unless he might possibly face scorn and/or
> embarassment from his precious little society. To me, the fact that he did
> nothing until he felt he might have some egg on his face, that speaks
> volumes about his character. But hey, if you clowns want to believe that
> there is "another side to the story" and kiss OMC's ass because it makes you
> feel closer to the bigtime then be my guest. I got my money back.

Congratulations.

"It's sad when an illusion dies, it's as though you've lost a child."

Bill C wrote:
> **** I don't even think anyones called you a DUMBASS yet.
> Bill C

Perhaps thats an insult in itself.

Eric Harvey wrote:
> I'll make one response here, for the sake of clarifying things. I

actually
> used to frequent this group quite a bit back in the mid-late 90s, but

after
> seeing some of the responses here....I remember why I left.

Eric, we remember you well and you've not been missed.

> OMC, as he is being referred to here, had plenty of opportunity to

make
> things right. After my first inquiry, he said the package was "lost"

in
> customs and then implied that he had it back in his posession. He

said he
> would be re-sending it on Jan. 24. After not receiving it in 3 weeks
> (again), I e-mailed him and asked for a refund as it was 3 months and

I had
> received no shoes/pedals. The reply was again about the package

being lost.
> Blame the post system once, but don't blame it twice. I have done

HUNDREDS
> of cross-border transactions, and never once has something truly been

lost,
> nor has anything taken THREE months to arrive. So don't blame Canada
> (Kunich, you stupid f*cknut, shut your pie-hole). If any of you were

in my
> situation, what would you have done? After requesting a refund of my

money,
> and being assured by OMC that it would happen, NOTHING happened in

the
> following month. And that brought us to today.

Funny thing is that I think that I got that Peugeot PX-10 frame from
you. Why don't you tell us that it wasn't you and that the six month
delay wasn't because of the dumb-**** Canadian customs system? If it
wasn't you from whom I got that frame it was someone who wrote a great
deal like you.

> OMC paid my PayPal account $300 today, by 2 PM. No more prompting on

my
> part, and no more false promises on his part. What exactly does this

tell
> you?

That he had already been planning on returning your money and you
happened to post just before he did.

> I don't care if you all want to flame me, assassinate my personality,
> whatever.

Aren't you assuming that you DO have a persinality?

Eric Harvey wrote:
> I'll make one response here, for the sake of clarifying things. I

actually
> used to frequent this group quite a bit back in the mid-late 90s, but

after
> seeing some of the responses here....I remember why I left.

Eric, we remember you well and you've not been missed.

> OMC, as he is being referred to here, had plenty of opportunity to

make
> things right. After my first inquiry, he said the package was "lost"

in
> customs and then implied that he had it back in his posession. He

said he
> would be re-sending it on Jan. 24. After not receiving it in 3 weeks
> (again), I e-mailed him and asked for a refund as it was 3 months and

I had
> received no shoes/pedals. The reply was again about the package

being lost.
> Blame the post system once, but don't blame it twice. I have done

HUNDREDS
> of cross-border transactions, and never once has something truly been

lost,
> nor has anything taken THREE months to arrive. So don't blame Canada
> (Kunich, you stupid f*cknut, shut your pie-hole). If any of you were

in my
> situation, what would you have done? After requesting a refund of my

money,
> and being assured by OMC that it would happen, NOTHING happened in

the
> following month. And that brought us to today.

Funny thing is that I think that I got that Peugeot PX-10 frame from
you. Why don't you tell us that it wasn't you and that the six month
delay wasn't because of the dumb-**** Canadian customs system? If it
wasn't you from whom I got that frame it was someone who wrote a great
deal like you.

> OMC paid my PayPal account $300 today, by 2 PM. No more prompting on

my
> part, and no more false promises on his part. What exactly does this

tell
> you?

That he had already been planning on returning your money and you
happened to post just before he did.

> I don't care if you all want to flame me, assassinate my personality,
> whatever.

Aren't you assuming that you DO have a personality?

> Eric Harvey wrote:
>
> > OMC paid my PayPal account $300 today, by 2 PM. No more prompting

on my
> > part, and no more false promises on his part. What exactly does

this tell
> > you? It tells me that he is a ******** artist who might make good

on some
> > deals, but at the same time might also rip someone off. It also

tells me
> > that he was unwilling to do it unless he might possibly face scorn

and/or
> > embarassment from his precious little society. To me, the fact

that he did
> > nothing until he felt he might have some egg on his face, that

speaks
> > volumes about his character. But hey, if you clowns want to

believe that
> > there is "another side to the story" and kiss OMC's ass because it

makes you
> > feel closer to the bigtime then be my guest. I got my money back.

Good job! There might be another side to the story... but your OP
sounded believeable... and sounded reasonable as well. It doesn't
sound like you came to the newsgroup as your FIRST action, but as a
last resort. So... count me among the people who support what you did,
and who are happy to hear that you got your money back.

Tom wrote:
> Eric Harvey wrote:
> > I'll make one response here, for the sake of clarifying things. I

> actually
> > used to frequent this group quite a bit back in the mid-late 90s,

but
> after
> > seeing some of the responses here....I remember why I left.

> Eric, we remember you well and you've not been missed.
>
> > OMC, as he is being referred to here, had plenty of opportunity to

> make
> > things right. After my first inquiry, he said the package was

"lost"
> in
> > customs and then implied that he had it back in his posession. He

> said he
> > would be re-sending it on Jan. 24. After not receiving it in 3

weeks
> > (again), I e-mailed him and asked for a refund as it was 3 months

and
> I had
> > received no shoes/pedals. The reply was again about the package

> being lost.
> > Blame the post system once, but don't blame it twice. I have done

> HUNDREDS
> > of cross-border transactions, and never once has something truly

been
> lost,
> > nor has anything taken THREE months to arrive. So don't blame

Canada
> > (Kunich, you stupid f*cknut, shut your pie-hole). If any of you

were
> in my
> > situation, what would you have done? After requesting a refund of

my
> money,
> > and being assured by OMC that it would happen, NOTHING happened in

> the
> > following month. And that brought us to today.

> Funny thing is that I think that I got that Peugeot PX-10 frame from
> you. Why don't you tell us that it wasn't you and that the six month
> delay wasn't because of the dumb-**** Canadian customs system? If it
> wasn't you from whom I got that frame it was someone who wrote a

great
> deal like you.
>
> > OMC paid my PayPal account $300 today, by 2 PM. No more prompting

on
> my
> > part, and no more false promises on his part. What exactly does

this
> tell
> > you?

> That he had already been planning on returning your money and you
> happened to post just before he did.
>
> > I don't care if you all want to flame me, assassinate my

personality,
> > whatever.

> Aren't you assuming that you DO have a personality?

I'll make this brief..........I've done hundreds of transactions
without problems. Regarding Eric in Canada, someone has those
shoes/pedals, never was returned to me via the Postal. I'm out $ 300.00
bucks & shoes/pedals.
Funny seeing T/A post here........he couldn't answer numerous phone
calls or e-mails or even show up in San Francisco to introduce me to
his Reggie Jackson baseball bat as he threatened. T/A has done numerous
transactions with me without a problem sorta failed to mention that.
T/A also got his money and I was without items that had been shipped
and verifed as being "left on Porch" by UPS. Lesson learned there,
never ship **** to Compton California without a signature required. UPS
would not honor my claim, so I was SOL.
This will be my only response to such ****.....so what's new here in
RBR ???

"OMC"
Nuke Canada

Eric -- your credibility went to zero in a flash.
I understand your frustration but then to vent so sorely makes you look
like the loser.

Personally I have dealt with OMC in the past with bike stuff -- it
didn't go perfectly once but I got what I wanted and more, even if it
was late TO NO FAULT OF OMC himself. I kow the difference.

Settle down Eric and quit being such a mean tempered, scatalogical,
foul-mouthed poster. Who would ever want to transact with you now?

-Ken

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

> T/A also got his money and I was without items that had been shipped
> and verifed as being "left on Porch" by UPS. Lesson learned there,
> never ship **** to Compton California without a signature required. UPS

That's why I always have stuff shipped to my work, though I realize
that's not an option for everybody.

newsgroups if possible).

k.papai wrote:
> Eric -- your credibility went to zero in a flash.
> I understand your frustration but then to vent so sorely makes you

look
> like the loser.
>
> Personally I have dealt with OMC in the past with bike stuff -- it
> didn't go perfectly once but I got what I wanted and more, even if it
> was late TO NO FAULT OF OMC himself. I kow the difference.
>
> Settle down Eric and quit being such a mean tempered, scatalogical,
> foul-mouthed poster. Who would ever want to transact with you now?
>
> -Ken

I'm not sure that THIS is a fair assessment of eric. OMC has finally
responded, and he sounds credible too... but... the shipment is the
responsibility of the shipper until it gets to the addressee. It's too
bad that he didnt communicate with Eric a little more before Eric
sought to shine a light on the guy, which might have prevented all of
this.

I can't fault Eric for going ballistic when he was out $300. But this
should all trace back to my post warning about using Paypal. If you're
gonna use it... use it wisely.

Bottom line OMC made good on his word, but it seems to have taken an
awfully long time and a lot of griping to get to that point.

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Funny thing is that I think that I got that Peugeot PX-10 frame
> from you. Why don't you tell us that it wasn't you and that the
> six month delay wasn't because of the dumb-**** Canadian customs
> system? If it wasn't you from whom I got that frame it was someone
> who wrote a great deal like you.

Tom baby, the Canadian Customs system doesn't look at something shipped
from Canada to the US...it's the dumb-**** US Customs system that does
that.

> so what's new here in RBR ???

Same ol' **** from some wannabe Pros who snivel that they never made it big
because everyone else was doping.

The usually omit the fact that they couldn't catch the tail end Cat 2's in
the Pro-1-2 races in Modesto.

"MJR" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> k.papai wrote:
>> Eric -- your credibility went to zero in a flash.
>> I understand your frustration but then to vent so sorely makes you

> look
>> like the loser.
>>
>> Personally I have dealt with OMC in the past with bike stuff -- it
>> didn't go perfectly once but I got what I wanted and more, even if it
>> was late TO NO FAULT OF OMC himself. I kow the difference.
>>
>> Settle down Eric and quit being such a mean tempered, scatalogical,
>> foul-mouthed poster. Who would ever want to transact with you now?
>>
>> -Ken

> I'm not sure that THIS is a fair assessment of eric. OMC has finally
> responded, and he sounds credible too... but... the shipment is the
> responsibility of the shipper until it gets to the addressee.

Not necessarily. Since I live alone and work most of the time, I ASK those
who I do business with to have the stuff dropped on the porch. Because of
that I'm always willing to consider that something was delivered to me and
went missing from my front porch. In that case it's MY fault and not the
shipper.

> It's too
> bad that he didnt communicate with Eric a little more before Eric
> sought to shine a light on the guy, which might have prevented all of
> this.

If I interpretted Mike's posting, he in fact DID try to contact him. And it
is also interesting to note that he had bought stuff from Creed in the past
and knew he wasn't a scam artist. And he did omit that little fact in his
rush to paint him with his mud.

> Bottom line OMC made good on his word, but it seems to have taken an
> awfully long time and a lot of griping to get to that point.

Look, if I send something and it doesn't get there I'm going to wait until
the necessary amount of time before the shipper wil admit that it's missing.
Then you have to put a tracer on it.

Now Creed says that the shipper supplied a report that said "left on porch".

If I were anyone selling anything in Canada from now on I'd request a
signature delivery only.

you shipped to Compton? like NWA dr. dre compton?
Isn't that where some pro got their bike stolen?
I've sold some stuff to Canadians, and it usually is a nightmare, and
here is why:
canadians think they are really americans, like the 52nd state or
something, but
since 9/11, shipping to Canada is slow, insane slow, because they route
everything to
2 customs hubs on either side of the continent, it takes 6 weeks and
stuff gets lost too,
which is crazy because I've shipped many bike parts to Japan, and it
takes
8 days, and nothing has ever been lost.

[email protected] wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> you shipped to Compton? like NWA dr. dre compton?
> Isn't that where some pro got their bike stolen?
> I've sold some stuff to Canadians, and it usually is a nightmare,
> and here is why:
> canadians think they are really americans, like the 52nd state or
> something, but
> since 9/11, shipping to Canada is slow, insane slow, because they
> route everything to
> 2 customs hubs on either side of the continent, it takes 6 weeks
> and stuff gets lost too,
> which is crazy because I've shipped many bike parts to Japan, and
> it takes
> 8 days, and nothing has ever been lost.

Get real, the 52 state, who the hell would want to be that. All the
border **** is strictly a result of US paranoia, so as Pogo said 'we
have seen the enemy and it is us".

MJR wrote:
> Bill C wrote:
> > MJR wrote:
> > > I'm not saying anything bad about you .. you trusted this guy and

> he
> > > dicked you. But, let some good come from it and let other people

> > learn
> > > from it.

> > What evidence do you have that OMC dicked this person? I have no
> > evidence that they even know each other. I have no evidence who, if
> > anyone is lieing. How do I know that the you and the two accusers
> > aren't people OMC has ****** off by being outspoken and they are

> making
> > a false claim to get even? We don't know squat at this point.
> > OMC has some standing here, but that shouldn't bias the case, but

If
> > say they are pedophiles, that has the same standing as the

> accusations
> > that have been made on the evidence that has been presented here.
> > Bill C
> > Don't accuse without evidence.

> aol.com = the florida license plates of the information
> superhighway....

Witty you are....
Have a great day wannabe dumbass...
Bill C