Bad week

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:43:39 -0000, "Adrian Boliston"
<[email protected]> wrote:

:)"JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... ) )> Went into a
:supermarket a few years ago with two of my girls when 3 and 5. )> We were told to take off their
:helmets as they were a "security risk". ) )I often take my bike into our local HSBC to deposit
:cheques and have not been )confronted regarding my helmet, although bikers *are* required to remove
:helmets )before entering the bank. ) )

All branches of HSBC are local ;)

Pushbike helmets don't hide the face likem/c helmets do. I've not had probs taking bike in banks,
mind, it is a Brompton ;)
--
Comm again, Mike.

[email protected] (pmailkeey) wrote in news:40317b1e.5143567
@news.swinternet.net:

> Like, er how warm ?

Ooh, about 41 degrees and the highest humidity WA have known for over 60 years. Add to that the fact
that Western Power (the state's power company) kind of f*cked up and don't have enough generating
capacity. So what's their first move? They tell everyone to turn their air conditioning units off or
risk a big fine! Apparently they'll officially turn a blind eye in extenuating circumstances and
luckily having a young baby is one of them, so thanks Thomas, your dad doesn't have to shrivel up
into a wrinkled prune in the heat :)

> Any engineering jobs going over there ?

Dunno, have a look at www.seek.com.au. I know there ain't much in the way of higher level IT jobs of
the kind I'm going for :-(

Graeme

> The one thing I do if I'm risking it for 10 secs is put the bike into top-most gears so if someone
> does do a quick run and jump you have a chance to catch 'em

Toe strap tightened around the front brake lever easy to get on and off for bikies but woul probably
give you enough time to whack the blighter!

Robert

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, pmailkeey <[email protected]> wrote:

> Daft one I saw was a bike next to a sheffield stand and a lock through the bike and round the
> stand. I was sorely tempted to lift the lot off and put it over a different stand in the set !

I've done that once, but I did know the owner of the bike.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:09:29 GMT, Graeme
<[email protected]> wrote:

:)[email protected] (pmailkeey) wrote in news:40317b1e.5143567 )@news.swinternet.net:
:) )> Like, er how warm ? ) )Ooh, about 41 degrees and the highest humidity WA have known for over
:60 )years.

I'll agree that's "hot". Many in the uk moan at 30C, I love it.

Add to that the fact that Western Power (the state's power company)
:)kind of f*cked up and don't have enough generating capacity. So what's )their first move? They
:tell everyone to turn their air conditioning units )off or risk a big fine!

Good heavens ! Here we are, rarely using heat pumps for heating, prefering to get it "direct" and
you have a more economical system and told to turn it off ! Of course, the easy answer is to live
more underground !

How about you sending us your hot water and we'll return it cooled ?
--
Comm again, Mike.