Bad Weld/ Frame Replacement Claim...Valid?

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> On 3 Apr 2006 18:23:59 -0700, "Ozark Bicycle"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Did you check the value of Montgomery Ward stock lately, puffball? It's
> >worth more than your "thoughts". And much more than your opinion. ;-)

> You never answered the question about why you hate bike racers so
> much.

I don't "hate bike racers" at all. That's something you made up.

> You're bitter about something.

I don't suffer assholes gladly; hence my attitude toward you.

> I can speculate

In your world, I'm quite sure speculation is second only to
masturbation.

>about what it
> is, but you could just end the discussion by admitting what your
> problem is.

See above: I have a low tolerance for deceptive, smug, cowardly
assholes such as you.

On 3 Apr 2006 19:20:12 -0700, "Ozark Bicycle"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> You're bitter about something.

>I don't suffer assholes gladly; hence my attitude toward you.

I'm not talking about your attitude toward me but toward a lot of
bikes. What was it? If you let it go instead of hiding your shame
you'll feel alot better.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

"Dr. Phil" Tomlinson wrote:
> On 3 Apr 2006 19:20:12 -0700, "Ozark Bicycle"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >> You're bitter about something.

> >I don't suffer assholes gladly; hence my attitude toward you.

> I'm not talking about your attitude toward me but toward a lot of
> bikes. What was it?

You tell me, "doctor". What was it?

> If you let it go instead of hiding your shame
> you'll feel alot better.

Gawd, you really are an asshole, aren't you? Do you work at it, or does
it just come naturally?

On 4 Apr 2006 05:26:51 -0700, "Ozark Bicycle"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Dr. Phil" Tomlinson wrote:

>> >I don't suffer assholes gladly; hence my attitude toward you.

>> I'm not talking about your attitude toward me but toward a lot of
>> bikes. What was it?

>You tell me, "doctor". What was it?

Discounting the quality of some bikes because they are heavily
marketed. Why? Why the bitterness? I'm assuming it's something you
feel is embarrassing, but you should just let it go.

No one's perfect. Everyone's ignorant about some things and not good
at some things. Rather than letting it eat you up, just let it out.

To use an example you know about,I don't know much about cars. No
shame in that, though you seem to mock that. If you are ignorant about
something or bad at doing something, don't mock other people who are
better at it than you. Either change it or let it go. But in any
case, let it out. At least admit it to yourself if you can't do it
publicly.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> On 4 Apr 2006 05:26:51 -0700, "Ozark Bicycle"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Dr. Phil" Tomlinson wrote:

> >> I'm not talking about your attitude toward me but toward a lot of
> >> bikes. What was it?

> >You tell me, "doctor". What was it?

> Discounting the quality of some bikes because they are heavily
> marketed. Why?

I don't discount the quality of a product because it is heavily
marketed, but I do call a spade a spade when a company throws alot of
marketing BS around (e.g., Specialized and the Zertz BS) to sell
something that is basically pure hype and drivel.

> Why the bitterness?

I'm really not bitter, "Dr. Phil". In fact, I quite enjoy my life; I
make a living doing something I enjoy, have a great family and a
wonderful SO. I'm my own boss, have a flexible schedule, get to ride my
bike alot and live in a beautiful area with a climate that makes that
possible. How's your life, "Dr. Phil"? Is a lot of this stuff just you
projecting your misery on other people?

I will plead guilty to having a low tolerance for BS, though.

> I'm assuming it's something you
> feel is embarrassing, but you should just let it go.

Yep, you're assuming. And you're the perfect ass.

> No one's perfect. Everyone's ignorant about some things and not good
> at some things. Rather than letting it eat you up, just let it out.
>
> To use an example you know about,I don't know much about cars. No
> shame in that, though you seem to mock that. If you are ignorant about
> something or bad at doing something, don't mock other people who are
> better at it than you. Either change it or let it go. But in any
> case, let it out. At least admit it to yourself if you can't do it
> publicly.

Now, here you've lost me in two paragraphs of vague, speculative BS.
WTF are you trying to get at?

On 4 Apr 2006 08:38:54 -0700, "Ozark Bicycle"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>WTF are you trying to get at?

As I've said -- your shame and bitterness.

Here's an example:
> viciously over-priced
> (What a surprise! Who do you think pays for that advertising campaign?)

"Viciously"?

It's just bike lube. Sure you can get cheaper stuff (I use the
mineral spirts + motor oild approah you mentioned myself). Sure it's
overpriced -- but vicious refers to dogs, or murders or maybe the
widespread lack of healthcare, but, not paying a couple extra bucks
for something. You've got some issues with money or marketing.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

"Dr. Phil" Tomlinson wrote:
> On 4 Apr 2006 08:38:54 -0700, "Ozark Bicycle"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >WTF are you trying to get at?

> As I've said -- your shame and bitterness.

Tell me more, "Doctor"! Oh, and where did you get that degree? Was it
Phoenix University Online? Or In Your Dreams U?

Ozark Bicycle wrote:
> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>> On 4 Apr 2006 05:26:51 -0700, "Ozark Bicycle"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> You tell me, "doctor". What was it?

>> Discounting the quality of some bikes because they are heavily
>> marketed. Why?

> I don't discount the quality of a product because it is heavily
> marketed, but I do call a spade a spade when a company throws alot of
> marketing BS around (e.g., Specialized and the Zertz BS) to sell
> something that is basically pure hype and drivel.

How do you know?
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
> Ozark Bicycle wrote:
> > John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

> >> Discounting the quality of some bikes because they are heavily
> >> marketed. Why?

> > I don't discount the quality of a product because it is heavily
> > marketed, but I do call a spade a spade when a company throws alot of
> > marketing BS around (e.g., Specialized and the Zertz BS) to sell
> > something that is basically pure hype and drivel.

> How do you know?

Could you be a bit more specific, Phil?

Ozark Bicycle wrote:
> Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>> Ozark Bicycle wrote:

>>> I don't discount the quality of a product because it is heavily
>>> marketed, but I do call a spade a spade when a company throws alot
>>> of marketing BS around (e.g., Specialized and the Zertz BS) to sell
>>> something that is basically pure hype and drivel.

>> How do you know?

> Could you be a bit more specific, Phil?

I'm asking if you can prove that the "marketing BS" is "pure hype and
drivel." I know I can't prove it to be true, but I'm curious if the
opposite can be. BTW, I don't have a test rig or anything... I was curious
if you've conducted tests or something.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Tim McNamara wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Franz Bestuchev <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Jeff Starr wrote:

>>> I think looking at the photo, you could tell that it wasn't an
>>> issue. It is strictly cosmetic. From the photo, it could be a spec
>>> of dirt or a pinhole. Either way, not a structural concern.
>>>
>>> Life is Good! Jeff

>> http://www.userealsugar.com/lemond_weld/weld.jpg
>>
>> A spot of dirt would rub off and I wouldn't have posted about that.
>> It's a small hole in the joint.

> That's better. Looks like a hole. Question is whether it's a hole in
> the weld or just a hole in the paint; and if it's a hole in the weld,
> whether it is significant. Can you stick some kind of probe, like a
> dental pick, into it any significant distance? If it's just a hole in
> the paint, e.g., a bubble, then no problem. I'd expect in that case
> that you couldn't insert the probe more than the thickness of the paint.
> If it goes in deeper, I'd have a chat with the local dealer about it.

I took a very fine syringe and did some probing around. Sort of as I
(and numerous other suspected) it's a pretty shallow hole...so I'll have
to locate some yellow paint and just cover it over.