Bagel point values

Michelle

Guest
Hi everyone,

My MIL told me that Montreal Style bagels are 3 points each. Montreal style bagels are made in wood
burning ovens. Here's a quick description of them:

Montreal-style bagels are first soaked in sugared water and then cooked in wood ovens (if they are
not cooked in wood ovens, they are no good). They are thinner then New York style bagels but they
are better.

Ok, so they are thinner. I assume that means less points, but I can't find anything!

Help!

Michelle

Michelle,

I've just checked WW Online Canada and they don't list Montreal Style bagels, but most plain bagels
they do list are 5-6 points each. If I were you I'd count it at 5-6 to be on the safe side. Being
soaked in sugar water and baked in wood ovens won't make a difference to the points. It all depends
on the ingredients in the dough. Count them as 5-6 and enjoy! I know how good they are....

--
Brenda
209/178/150 RafL goal 165

"Michelle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi everyone,
>
> My MIL told me that Montreal Style bagels are 3 points each. Montreal style bagels are made in
> wood burning ovens. Here's a quick description of them:
>
> Montreal-style bagels are first soaked in sugared water and then cooked in wood ovens (if they are
> not cooked in wood ovens, they are no good). They are thinner then New York style bagels but they
> are better.
>
> Ok, so they are thinner. I assume that means less points, but I can't find anything!
>
> Help!
>
> Michelle

Hi,

I stock up on Montreal bagels everytime I go visit family. In the food book it says: Bagel any
type,1 small or 1/2 large (2 oz) is 3 points

So I weighed the bagels and their 3 oz so I count it as 4 points. Enjoy the bagels...they're
the BEST!!!!!

Take care SPOONS

"Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Michelle,
>
> I've just checked WW Online Canada and they don't list Montreal Style bagels, but most plain
> bagels they do list are 5-6 points each. If I were you I'd count it at 5-6 to be on the safe side.
> Being soaked in sugar water and baked in wood ovens won't make a difference to the points. It all
> depends on the ingredients in the dough. Count them as 5-6 and enjoy! I know how good they are....

That's what I do, but given that they say they are smaller, I thought it maybe have made a
difference. I always like to be on the safe side myself, but my MIL was wondering if she should
change the type of bagel she buys.

Thanks!

Michelle
141/124/124

"SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi,
>
> I stock up on Montreal bagels everytime I go visit family. In the food book it says: Bagel any
> type,1 small or 1/2 large (2 oz) is 3 points
>
> So I weighed the bagels and their 3 oz so I count it as 4 points. Enjoy the bagels...they're the
> BEST!!!!!

That's a great idea! Thanks!

Michelle