BAH! *fume* *seethe*

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by wafflycat, Jun 24, 2005.

  1. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    Nathan had his Met Stradavarius, club jersey, Shimano shoes, shorts, and
    gloves nicked from a locked room at college today.

    BAH!

    I have a need to remove goolies with a blunt, rusty, festering blade, shoot
    and then burn the body ;-)

    BAH!

    Have to say college are being reasonable in that it's being reported to
    plod, and if the stuff doesn't come back, college have confirmed they will
    foot the bill for replacement items. But it is *so* annoying that the stuff
    went in the first place.

    Cheers, helen s

    Tags:

  2. mark

    mark Guest

    "wafflycat" <waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk> wrote ...
    > Nathan had his Met Stradavarius, club jersey, Shimano shoes, shorts, and
    > gloves nicked from a locked room at college today.
    >
    > BAH!
    >
    > I have a need to remove goolies with a blunt, rusty, festering blade,

    shoot
    > and then burn the body ;-)
    >
    > BAH!
    >
    > Have to say college are being reasonable in that it's being reported to
    > plod, and if the stuff doesn't come back, college have confirmed they will
    > foot the bill for replacement items. But it is *so* annoying that the

    stuff
    > went in the first place.
    >
    > Cheers, helen s

    The college didn't provide Nathan with a locker? would have been a whole lot
    cheaper than replacing all that stuff, and saved everyone a whole lot of
    aggravation.

    From the context of your other posts I'm assuming that what you refer to as
    a college would be called a high school or prep school on this side of the
    pond. Am I correct?

    Hope the stuff is recovered.
    --
    mark

  3. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    "mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > The college didn't provide Nathan with a locker? would have been a whole
    > lot
    > cheaper than replacing all that stuff, and saved everyone a whole lot of
    > aggravation.

    Ah yes... a locker. No. We've asked for one - we've even offered to buy one!
    But college said they'd order one, no problem. This was months ago - still
    no locker. Hence college is saying that if the stuff doesn't come back,
    they'll bear the cost of replacement.

    > From the context of your other posts I'm assuming that what you refer to
    > as
    > a college would be called a high school or prep school on this side of the
    > pond. Am I correct?

    It's where 16 - 18 education takes place. Last stop before university so to
    speak.

    Cheers, helen s

    > Hope the stuff is recovered.
    > --
    > mark

  4. At Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:53:44 +0100, message
    <[email protected]> was posted by "wafflycat"
    <waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk>, including some, all or none of
    the following:

    >Nathan had his Met Stradavarius, club jersey, Shimano shoes, shorts, and
    >gloves nicked from a locked room at college today.

    Gun, petrol, matches, Lighthouse Family...

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  5. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    > At Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:53:44 +0100, message
    > <[email protected]> was posted by "wafflycat"
    > <waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk>, including some, all or none of
    > the following:
    >
    >>Nathan had his Met Stradavarius, club jersey, Shimano shoes, shorts, and
    >>gloves nicked from a locked room at college today.

    > Gun, petrol, matches, Lighthouse Family...
    >
    > Guy

    I was thinking more of "Aaaag...a doo, doo, doo" instead of the Lighthouse
    Family

    Cheers, helen s

  6. At Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:02:59 +0100, message
    <[email protected]> was posted by "wafflycat"
    <waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk>, including some, all or none of
    the following:

    >I was thinking more of "Aaaag...a doo, doo, doo" instead of the Lighthouse
    >Family

    You think Black Lace would work as well as the Lighthouse Family as
    kindling?

    I think a comparative test is in order.

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  7. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    > You think Black Lace would work as well as the Lighthouse Family as
    > kindling?
    >
    > I think a comparative test is in order.

    You hum it, I'll sing it ;-)

    Cheers, helen s