Bah gum, that were chilly!

In article <[email protected]>, Ambrose Nankivell wrote:
>Graeme Dods wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:44:53 +0000, Tony Raven wrote:
>>
>>> <Archer's SFX>
>>> Oooh Noooh!
>>> </Archer's SFX>

>> [1] And I picked a good week to start listening again, Ed Grundy
>> running away with his brother's wife! Who would have believed it!
>> Makes me wonder what else I've missed out on.

>I was confused for a month about how Emma could be sure Ed was George's
>father (I had heard the conception episode), until the test finally came
>back (and Will was the father), and I was reassured that it was her who was
>ignorant of basic biology.

Ah. I'd assumed that she could be (reasonably) sure, and was wondering why
no-one had mentioned the baby being healthy/large considering it was
apparently early. But I'd not heard the test results.

"Graeme Dods" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Luckily little chance of that now that I'm in Australia. That said, the
> other week they started showing Coronation Street here in Perth, probably
> to appeal to the ex-pats (there's a lot here). Funny thing, the papers

have
> been full of letters from said ex-pats saying "What are you showing this
> rubbish for?" As for the locally brewed soaps, well, the less said the
> better.

While living in Canada in the '70s "The Sweeney" was screened on TV but we
had difficulty understanding the accent ;-)
--
Pete
http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]/Stuff

Peter B <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Graeme Dods" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Luckily little chance of that now that I'm in Australia. That said,
>> the other week they started showing Coronation Street here in Perth,
>> probably to appeal to the ex-pats (there's a lot here). Funny thing,
>> the papers have been full of letters from said ex-pats saying "What
>> are you showing this rubbish for?" As for the locally brewed soaps,
>> well, the less said the better.

> While living in Canada in the '70s "The Sweeney" was screened on TV
> but we had difficulty understanding the accent ;-)

The Sweeney's not difficult to understand. Now Taggart...

uck Wa

"wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> sd / msg
<[email protected]> dtd Wed, 23 Nov
2005 22:18:03 +0000 (UTC):

>There is an even worse accent than the dreaded ubergeordie... that of the
>evil Linda Snell..

Are you not a member of the Lynda Snell Society, then?

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:12:24 -0000, "Dave Larrington"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Peter B <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Graeme Dods" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Luckily little chance of that now that I'm in Australia. That said,
>>> the other week they started showing Coronation Street here in Perth,
>>> probably to appeal to the ex-pats (there's a lot here). Funny thing,
>>> the papers have been full of letters from said ex-pats saying "What
>>> are you showing this rubbish for?" As for the locally brewed soaps,
>>> well, the less said the better.

>> While living in Canada in the '70s "The Sweeney" was screened on TV
>> but we had difficulty understanding the accent ;-)

>The Sweeney's not difficult to understand. Now Taggart...

Mudderd?

Aye, mudderd.

Easy really.

Tim

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 23:56:23 +0000, Tim Hall wrote:

>>The Sweeney's not difficult to understand. Now Taggart...

> Mudderd?

That's another one my son's picked up on! (They show it here too) He's also
started saying "g'day" (don't know who he got that one from) so I think
he's going to have a very strange mixed accent/vocabulary :)

Graeme

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 23:35:31 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> "wafflycat" <w*a*ff?y?cat*@?btco*nn?ect.com> sd / msg
> <[email protected]> dtd Wed, 23 Nov
> 2005 22:18:03 +0000 (UTC):
>
>>There is an even worse accent than the dreaded ubergeordie... that of the
>>evil Linda Snell..

> Are you not a member of the Lynda Snell Society, then?

She rides a bike regularly, so I thought all Archers listening URCers would
be card carrying members (albeit with the card hidden in the dark, never
touched recesses of their wallet).

Graeme

> "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> sd / msg
> <[email protected]> dtd Wed, 23 Nov
> 2005 22:18:03 +0000 (UTC):
>
>>There is an even worse accent than the dreaded ubergeordie... that of the
>>evil Linda Snell..

> Are you not a member of the Lynda Snell Society, then?
>
> Guy

Linda Snell is the Spawn of Stan. She is evil. I expect she has worn b*bs.
'nuff sed!

Cheers, helen s

"Graeme Dods" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 23:35:31 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>
>> "wafflycat" <w*a*ff?y?cat*@?btco*nn?ect.com> sd / msg
>> <[email protected]> dtd Wed, 23 Nov
>> 2005 22:18:03 +0000 (UTC):
>>
>>>There is an even worse accent than the dreaded ubergeordie... that of the
>>>evil Linda Snell..

>> Are you not a member of the Lynda Snell Society, then?

> She rides a bike regularly, so I thought all Archers listening URCers
> would
> be card carrying members (albeit with the card hidden in the dark, never
> touched recesses of their wallet).
>
> Graeme

You see - she is evil, using subterfuge to get into the minds of otherwise
normal URCers.

Cheers, helen s

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:30:04 +0000 (UTC), wafflycat wrote:

> You see - she is evil, using subterfuge to get into the minds of otherwise
> normal URCers.

"otherwise normal"? You should get out more often :)

Graeme

"Graeme Dods" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:30:04 +0000 (UTC), wafflycat wrote:
>
>> You see - she is evil, using subterfuge to get into the minds of
>> otherwise
>> normal URCers.

> "otherwise normal"? You should get out more often :)
>
> Graeme

I did phrase it in terms of URCers, as opposed to the genral population ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Dave Larrington wrote:

> The Sweeney's not difficult to understand. Now Taggart...

Irritable vowel syndrome...

"wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> sd / msg
<[email protected]> dtd Fri, 25 Nov
2005 08:30:04 +0000 (UTC):

>Linda Snell is the Spawn of Stan. She is evil. I expect she has worn b*bs.
>'nuff sed!

Not unless you can get bibs from Liberty's, I'd say.

Guy