bail outs?

"core" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
| anyone know why noval and salvodelli bailed?

Savoldelli because he was dizzy on the bike, possibly as a result of his
crash the day before.

Noval, supposedly because of muscle strains, but I wouldn't be surprised if
it was to conserve energy before the vuelta.

"trg" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
| "core" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
| [email protected]...
|| anyone know why noval and salvodelli bailed?
|
| Savoldelli because he was dizzy on the bike, possibly as a result of his
| crash the day before.
|
| Noval, supposedly because of muscle strains, but I wouldn't be surprised
if
| it was to conserve energy before the vuelta.

I meant Salvodelli- RBR approved spelling.

trg schreef:
> Savoldelli because he was dizzy on the bike, possibly as a result of his
> crash the day before.

CN was very cautious in its wording: "The Italian was riding back down
the mountain when a spectator walked out in front of him, causing
Savoldelli to fall."

In a Dutch news paper on the other hand, my translation: "Savoldelli,
dual Giro winner, was attacked by drunken fans a day earlier and called
it quits on the way to Carcassone."

Which version is true, or more true?

--
E. Dronkert

"Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
news: [email protected]...
| trg schreef:
| > Savoldelli because he was dizzy on the bike, possibly as a result of his
| > crash the day before.
|
| CN was very cautious in its wording: "The Italian was riding back down
| the mountain when a spectator walked out in front of him, causing
| Savoldelli to fall."
|
| In a Dutch news paper on the other hand, my translation: "Savoldelli,
| dual Giro winner, was attacked by drunken fans a day earlier and called
| it quits on the way to Carcassone."
|
| Which version is true, or more true?

I hadn't heard that he was attacked. I heard he hit a spectator on the way
down, which considering the speed he descends at, I found not unlikely.

If he was attacked, I wonder if he was headbutted?

> trg schreef:
>> Savoldelli because he was dizzy on the bike, possibly as a result of his
>> crash the day before.

> CN was very cautious in its wording: "The Italian was riding back down the
> mountain when a spectator walked out in front of him, causing Savoldelli
> to fall."
>
> In a Dutch news paper on the other hand, my translation: "Savoldelli, dual
> Giro winner, was attacked by drunken fans a day earlier and called it
> quits on the way to Carcassone."
>
> Which version is true, or more true?

Compared to the Dutch version the Italian version (Gazetta dello Sport) is
rather dull: `Descending from the finish to the bus, after three km
Savoldelli collided head-on with a (possibly drunk) fan, who was crossing
the street without looking."

Benjo

benjo maso schreef:
> Compared to the Dutch version the Italian version (Gazetta dello Sport) is
> rather dull: `Descending from the finish to the bus, after three km
> Savoldelli collided head-on with a (possibly drunk) fan, who was crossing
> the street without looking."

What has the world come to when NRC uses more flamboyant language
describing la corsa than La Gazzetta..?

Congrats on your book plug on Sporza :)

--
E. Dronkert

> benjo maso schreef:
>> Compared to the Dutch version the Italian version (Gazetta dello Sport)
>> is rather dull: `Descending from the finish to the bus, after three km
>> Savoldelli collided head-on with a (possibly drunk) fan, who was crossing
>> the street without looking."

> What has the world come to when NRC uses more flamboyant language
> describing la corsa than La Gazzetta..?
>
> Congrats on your book plug on Sporza :)

Thanks! Always nice to hear.

Benjo

trg wrote:
> I hadn't heard that he was attacked. I heard he hit a spectator on the way
> down, which considering the speed he descends at, I found not unlikely.
>
> If he was attacked, I wonder if he was headbutted?

Zidane is an anti Italian cycling fan ?