Bains bike shop in Newhaven Edinburgh

Anonymous

Guest
Bains bikes has been shut for quite a few weeks now. Not
even open for the 4pm - 8pm slot that it uaually does.

Anyone know more about this?

ta, Stuart.

@news.demon.co.uk:

> Bains bikes has been shut for quite a few weeks now. Not
> even open for the 4pm - 8pm slot that it uaually does.
>
> Anyone know more about this?

I'm not local enough any more to find out exactly what's
happening (I used to live in Newhaven Road, about 300m
away). However I do know that there used to be periods when
he was shut for a few weeks with little/no notice (or at
least none that was visible) for holidays, illness etc.
Given the grills on the windows etc. then I can understand
him not wanting to put up a sign saying "This place will be
empty for the next X weeks".

He doesn't have an answering machine, but on the odd
occasion I rang and he didn't answer then he rang me back
soon after (he'd obviously used 1471). So if he is there but
you're not catching him, then it may be worth ringing. His
hours can be a bit flexible, like 7-10 instead of 4-8 etc.
and who can blame him with all this nice weather I've been
hearing about!

You can forgive him a hell of a lot when he builds you a
good solid set of wheels at almost cost plus a few quid
for labour!

Graeme

Graeme [email protected] opined the following...
> You can forgive him a hell of a lot when he builds you a
> good solid set of wheels at almost cost plus a few quid
> for labour!

I tried him a few months ago when I was looking for bits
for the fixer. After a couple of phone calls and a quick
look at the shop, I presumed it was no more. That was a
while ago hoever (Probably about 4 / 5 months) so if anyone
has seen him open since then I'd certainly be glad to know
about it. The shop looks cool (and is just down the road
from me at work!).

Jon

Jon Senior <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> After a couple of phone calls and a quick look at the
> shop, I presumed it was no more.

It always looks closed, even if he's in their working away.
I do hope he's still in business.

Graeme

I was there about 7 weeks ago. But Ive been down twice a
week since and he's not been open.

Shame. :-(