Baja California - Biking around San Jose del Cabo

zkahlina

Apr 29, 2005
[SIZE=10.0pt]Cycling in Baja California[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.0pt]O.K. so I read about all the people who cycled from California all the way down south to Cabo San Lucas, most of them on mountain bikes. I’ve seen lots of their pictures taken during these rides. Still, I haven’t heard about someone’s experience riding a road bike in San Jose del Cabo and roads around that town. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.0pt]I am planning to arrive via Air Canada from Edmonton and will stay in San Jose del Cabo for 2 weeks in December. I will bring my road racing bike with me. I am serious bicycle rider who does about 500 -700 kilometers weekly. Since I ride my bike all the time, I decided to bring my bike with me to Mexico on my vacation as this might be a good winter training. I am planning on riding my bike between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas. I am also planning to take the road all the way to La Paz and back. I’d like to explore other smaller roads in the area on my bike. I can/will do more than 100 km daily… up to 200km![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.0pt]Does anyone out there has similar experience and can you tell me about your adventures? Did you have lots of flats? Any traffic incidents? How is that road going east towards village of Terranova into the Laguna hills and further along the coast? Is it doable to complete the loop through the National Park Cabo Pulmo following the shore to Buena Vista and return on highway 1 back to San Jose del Cabo? How long is this loop and what’s the condition of this road? Am I allowed riding the bike on highway 1 towards Santa Anita (out of San Jose del Cabo and back)… [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.0pt]So many questions, so few answers… Please let me know.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.0pt]Thanks. regards, Zdenko.[/SIZE]