BAKED POTATO SALAD

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Bettye Russell, Feb 4, 2006.

  1. hi
    i am a lurker,i come here often and i get good advice and really good
    recipes and ideas,i thank all of you for that.
    today i was in albertsons getting some of their potato salad already
    packaged,i saw some baked potato salad,i have never heard of bake potato
    salad,just wondered if any one here has ever had it are made it,i thank
    you in advance for any response.
    bettye

    Tags:

  2. On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, Bettye Russell wrote:

    > hi
    > i am a lurker,i come here often and i get good advice and really good
    > recipes and ideas,i thank all of you for that.
    > today i was in albertsons getting some of their potato salad already
    > packaged,i saw some baked potato salad,i have never heard of bake potato
    > salad,just wondered if any one here has ever had it are made it,i thank
    > you in advance for any response.
    > bettye

    Is this baked-potato salad or baked potato salad?

    I've never made potato salad and then baked it. Well, not that I called
    "potato salad", anyway.

    I've made baked-potato salad. It is a good way to use left over baked
    potatoes. I've also baked potatoes for salad when all I had was baking
    potatoes. I use red potatoes for boiling, but white potatoes bake better.

    I use the same ingredients for cold potato salad or I use the same
    ingredients for hot potato salad whether the potatoes are boiled or baked.

    Elaine, too

  3. George

    George Guest

    Bettye Russell wrote:
    > hi
    > i am a lurker,i come here often and i get good advice and really good
    > recipes and ideas,i thank all of you for that.
    > today i was in albertsons getting some of their potato salad already
    > packaged,i saw some baked potato salad,i have never heard of bake potato
    > salad,just wondered if any one here has ever had it are made it,i thank
    > you in advance for any response.
    > bettye

    Does it look like the usual potato salad they offer? Likely it is just
    that they used potatoes that were cooked by baking instead of boiling.
    And that would make no difference if they wrapped them with foil before
    baking which only steams them.

  4. me again,
    i went back over to the store,got the salad,it said baked potato salad,i
    finally found some one to ask,she said they bake the potato instead of
    boiling, i guess i'm kind of dumb, but it is good it has big pieces of
    ham,cheese,potato every thing is in chunks.thank you for your response.

  5. Bettye Russell wrote:

    > me again,
    > i went back over to the store,got the salad,it said baked potato salad,i
    > finally found some one to ask,she said they bake the potato instead of
    > boiling, i guess i'm kind of dumb, but it is good it has big pieces of
    > ham,cheese,potato every thing is in chunks.thank you for your response.
    >

    > [/color]

    FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO HONEY BABE IS TURN YOUR HTML SIG OFF - this
    is a text - only group, NOT a binary group.

    And your subject header does not need to be in ALL CAPS, that is
    consider SHOUTING and it is BAD FORM and ANNOYING in a Usenet group...

    --
    Best
    Greg

  6. Jude

    Jude Guest

    I believe if you look through this newsgroup, there was a recipe posted
    for Baked POtato Salad just yesterday.

  7. sorry
    it want happen again.