BAKED POTATO SALAD

Bettye Russell

Guest
hi
i am a lurker,i come here often and i get good advice and really good
recipes and ideas,i thank all of you for that.
today i was in albertsons getting some of their potato salad already
packaged,i saw some baked potato salad,i have never heard of bake potato
salad,just wondered if any one here has ever had it are made it,i thank
you in advance for any response.
bettye

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, Bettye Russell wrote:

> hi
> i am a lurker,i come here often and i get good advice and really good
> recipes and ideas,i thank all of you for that.
> today i was in albertsons getting some of their potato salad already
> packaged,i saw some baked potato salad,i have never heard of bake potato
> salad,just wondered if any one here has ever had it are made it,i thank
> you in advance for any response.
> bettye

Is this baked-potato salad or baked potato salad?

I've never made potato salad and then baked it. Well, not that I called
"potato salad", anyway.

I've made baked-potato salad. It is a good way to use left over baked
potatoes. I've also baked potatoes for salad when all I had was baking
potatoes. I use red potatoes for boiling, but white potatoes bake better.

I use the same ingredients for cold potato salad or I use the same
ingredients for hot potato salad whether the potatoes are boiled or baked.

Elaine, too

Bettye Russell wrote:
> hi
> i am a lurker,i come here often and i get good advice and really good
> recipes and ideas,i thank all of you for that.
> today i was in albertsons getting some of their potato salad already
> packaged,i saw some baked potato salad,i have never heard of bake potato
> salad,just wondered if any one here has ever had it are made it,i thank
> you in advance for any response.
> bettye

Does it look like the usual potato salad they offer? Likely it is just
that they used potatoes that were cooked by baking instead of boiling.
And that would make no difference if they wrapped them with foil before
baking which only steams them.

me again,
i went back over to the store,got the salad,it said baked potato salad,i
finally found some one to ask,she said they bake the potato instead of
boiling, i guess i'm kind of dumb, but it is good it has big pieces of
ham,cheese,potato every thing is in chunks.thank you for your response.

Bettye Russell wrote:

> me again,
> i went back over to the store,got the salad,it said baked potato salad,i
> finally found some one to ask,she said they bake the potato instead of
> boiling, i guess i'm kind of dumb, but it is good it has big pieces of
> ham,cheese,potato every thing is in chunks.thank you for your response.
>

> [/color]

FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO HONEY BABE IS TURN YOUR HTML SIG OFF - this
is a text - only group, NOT a binary group.

And your subject header does not need to be in ALL CAPS, that is
consider SHOUTING and it is BAD FORM and ANNOYING in a Usenet group...

--
Best
Greg

I believe if you look through this newsgroup, there was a recipe posted
for Baked POtato Salad just yesterday.