1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 C flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 C chopped nuts (optional)
12 oz semisweet or milk chocolate chips

oven 375

You know the methodology for making cookies by now.

Drop dough by level 1/4 c ( use measuring cup) onto ungreased cookie sheet,
leave at least 2" between portions, flatten each portion with a fork. Bake
11-14 minutes until edges are light brown and centers are soft. Cool 3-4
minutes and then remove from the cookie sheet. Experiment with a shorter
time for a really soft cookie. I only use air insulated sheets and they
come out fantastic.

small change wrote:
> Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
>
> 1C packed brown sugar
> 3/4 white sugar
> 1 C soft butter or margerin
> 1 tsp vanilla
> 2 eggs
> 2 1/2 C flour
> 3/4 tsp baking soda
> 3/4 tsp salt
> 1 C chopped nuts (optional)
> 12 oz semisweet or milk chocolate chips
>
> oven 375
>
> You know the methodology for making cookies by now.
>
> Drop dough by level 1/4 c ( use measuring cup) onto ungreased cookie
> sheet, leave at least 2" between portions, flatten each portion with
> a fork. Bake 11-14 minutes until edges are light brown and centers
> are soft. Cool 3-4 minutes and then remove from the cookie sheet.
> Experiment with a shorter time for a really soft cookie. I only use
> air insulated sheets and they come out fantastic.

should read "Flatten each portion SLIGHTLY with fork", no need to make it a
pancake

small change wrote:
> Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
>
> 1C packed brown sugar
> 3/4 white sugar
> 1 C soft butter or margerin
> 1 tsp vanilla
> 2 eggs
> 2 1/2 C flour
> 3/4 tsp baking soda
> 3/4 tsp salt
> 1 C chopped nuts (optional)
> 12 oz semisweet or milk chocolate chips
>
> oven 375
>
> You know the methodology for making cookies by now.
>
> Drop dough by level 1/4 c ( use measuring cup) onto ungreased cookie sheet,
> leave at least 2" between portions, flatten each portion with a fork. Bake
> 11-14 minutes until edges are light brown and centers are soft. Cool 3-4
> minutes and then remove from the cookie sheet. Experiment with a shorter
> time for a really soft cookie. I only use air insulated sheets and they
> come out fantastic.

Mmmm..... Big cookie! Me likes cookie!

Since I'm still home sick, I'm gonna mix a batch up right now! Thanks!!!!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

> You know the methodology for making cookies by now.

Yeah. Find a large bowl while eating a combination of nuts and chips.
Scoop in a cup of white sugar and the 3 tbsp of brown sugar you had
left over. Grab another fistful of choconutty goodness. Unwrap a stick
of Country Crock and drop it in. Dig around the cupboard for vanilla.
Grab an extra large handful of nuts and chips for the search. You just
bought some a couple months ago. Where the hell is it? Maybe if you
have more chips and nuts you'll remember. The protein and sugar will
wake up that brain cell. Okay, find the vanilla later. Where could you
have put it?
You've got 1 3/4 cups of flour, okay. No baking soda. Oh, wait, in the
fridge! Dig behind the pickle jars holding nothing but brine, the
tupperware encasing the cauliflour that's gone bad but you don't want
to deal with so it's in semi-cryonic state. You're having trouble
breathing because you're eating and leaning over at the same time.
There's the little baking soda box! Give it a look, a whiff. It has
been in there for over a year, but how bad could it be? You only need
less than a tsp....
Salt. Check. Still no vanilla. How about honey? How bad could it be,
it's honey!
Break out the fork, start pressing it into the margarine. It's too
hard, might as well watch some football and wait for it to warm up.
Don't forget the chips and nuts. Slow down eating, try and only grab a
few at a time as they're starting to thin out a bit. Wow, what a game.
You're starting to get a little whacked out from the sugar and fat. A
cup of espresso would cut the clutter. Jump up during a commercial,
pack some grinds, hit the switch, water the plants, look out the
window, wonder what the temp is like and what there is to do, pour a
double and slam half of it down on the way back to the couch. Ahhh!
Start back up with your snack, suck down the rest of the espresso.
You're starting to get a little annoyed, a small crease is forming on
the bridge of your nose, there's a slightly acrid sensation in your
sinuses.
You get up. That feels good. Turn off the tv, put on some live Bad
Brains, start rocking out. Screw the cookies, it's Sunday, I'll do it
later. Shove the bowl to the back of the fridge, put on the Sidi's,
open the door and wait with your bike for the elevator.
/s

[email protected] wrote:
>> You know the methodology for making cookies by now.

> Yeah. Find a large bowl while eating a combination of nuts and chips.
> Scoop in a cup of white sugar and the 3 tbsp of brown sugar you had
> left over. Grab another fistful of choconutty goodness. Unwrap a stick
> of Country Crock and drop it in. Dig around the cupboard for vanilla.
> Grab an extra large handful of nuts and chips for the search. You just
> bought some a couple months ago. Where the hell is it? Maybe if you
> have more chips and nuts you'll remember. The protein and sugar will
> wake up that brain cell. Okay, find the vanilla later. Where could you
> have put it?
> You've got 1 3/4 cups of flour, okay. No baking soda. Oh, wait, in the
> fridge! Dig behind the pickle jars holding nothing but brine, the
> tupperware encasing the cauliflour that's gone bad but you don't want
> to deal with so it's in semi-cryonic state. You're having trouble
> breathing because you're eating and leaning over at the same time.
> There's the little baking soda box! Give it a look, a whiff. It has
> been in there for over a year, but how bad could it be? You only need
> less than a tsp....
> Salt. Check. Still no vanilla. How about honey? How bad could it be,
> it's honey!
> Break out the fork, start pressing it into the margarine. It's too
> hard, might as well watch some football and wait for it to warm up.
> Don't forget the chips and nuts. Slow down eating, try and only grab a
> few at a time as they're starting to thin out a bit. Wow, what a game.
> You're starting to get a little whacked out from the sugar and fat. A
> cup of espresso would cut the clutter. Jump up during a commercial,
> pack some grinds, hit the switch, water the plants, look out the
> window, wonder what the temp is like and what there is to do, pour a
> double and slam half of it down on the way back to the couch. Ahhh!
> Start back up with your snack, suck down the rest of the espresso.
> You're starting to get a little annoyed, a small crease is forming on
> the bridge of your nose, there's a slightly acrid sensation in your
> sinuses.
> You get up. That feels good. Turn off the tv, put on some live Bad
> Brains, start rocking out. Screw the cookies, it's Sunday, I'll do it
> later. Shove the bowl to the back of the fridge, put on the Sidi's,
> open the door and wait with your bike for the elevator.
> /s

LOL, kitchen aid mixer, real butter, and pure vanilla here.

[email protected] wrote:
<snip>
> You get up. That feels good. Turn off the tv, put on some live Bad
> Brains, start rocking out. Screw the cookies, it's Sunday, I'll do it
> later. Shove the bowl to the back of the fridge, put on the Sidi's,
> open the door and wait with your bike for the elevator.
> /s

Yeah! Bad Brains! <makes slam dance motion>

Matt (only ever got to see HR and not the real deal)

small change wrote:
> Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
>
> 1C packed brown sugar
> 3/4 white sugar
> 1 C soft butter or margerin
> 1 tsp vanilla
> 2 eggs
> 2 1/2 C flour
> 3/4 tsp baking soda
> 3/4 tsp salt
> 1 C chopped nuts (optional)
> 12 oz semisweet or milk chocolate chips

Sounds similar to mine:

1 C packed brown sugar
1 C white sugar
1 C soft butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
2 C flour
2 1/2 C rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 C chopped nuts (optional)
1 C chopped coconut (optional, but good)
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips (Milk chocolate? The horror)

Directions are about the same. I mix all the dry ingredients in a food
processor with a sharp blade to cut up the oats a bit.
Bake about 11 min @ 350 on a baking stone (or air insulated cookie tin,
I'm sure would work the same).
Makes about 2 dozen 2" cookies and four gut busting servings of dough.
:)

Shawn

Shawn wrote:
> small change wrote:
>> Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
>>
>> 1C packed brown sugar
>> 3/4 white sugar
>> 1 C soft butter or margerin
>> 1 tsp vanilla
>> 2 eggs
>> 2 1/2 C flour
>> 3/4 tsp baking soda
>> 3/4 tsp salt
>> 1 C chopped nuts (optional)
>> 12 oz semisweet or milk chocolate chips
>>

> Sounds similar to mine:
>
> 1 C packed brown sugar
> 1 C white sugar
> 1 C soft butter
> 2 tsp vanilla
> 2 large eggs
> 2 C flour
> 2 1/2 C rolled oats
> 1 tsp baking soda
> 1 tsp salt
> 1/8 tsp cinnamon
> 1 C chopped nuts (optional)
> 1 C chopped coconut (optional, but good)
> 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips (Milk chocolate? The horror)
>
> Directions are about the same. I mix all the dry ingredients in a
> food processor with a sharp blade to cut up the oats a bit.
> Bake about 11 min @ 350 on a baking stone (or air insulated cookie
> tin, I'm sure would work the same).
> Makes about 2 dozen 2" cookies and four gut busting servings of dough.
> :)
>
> Shawn

mine are 4-5" across, how's THAT for a cookie ;-)
Oink, Oink. As for milk chocolate, I'm just quoting the cookbook.

Penny

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
> <snip>
>> You get up. That feels good. Turn off the tv, put on some live Bad
>> Brains, start rocking out. Screw the cookies, it's Sunday, I'll do it
>> later. Shove the bowl to the back of the fridge, put on the Sidi's,
>> open the door and wait with your bike for the elevator.
>> /s
>>

> Yeah! Bad Brains! <makes slam dance motion>
>
> Matt (only ever got to see HR and not the real deal)

Oh the Bad Brains ROCKED back in the day. I saw them down in the Combat
Zone in Boston around 86 or so.