Balanced Diet

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by Bonzer, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Vickeree

Vickeree Member

Balanced diet is always the best. You only need to rely on protein shakes out of convenience when you dont get enough of it but it depends on your goals and the level of activity you do.

2. likeascroll

likeascroll Member

Yes I need to do this and I'm horrible at it. Junk food is too tasty. Thanks for laying it all out for what we need, it really helps.

3. JamieThePooh

JamieThePooh New Member

I'm just getting into cycling training, but I have trained in quite a few sports in my lifetime, and I'm totally in Team Balanced Nutrition!

Back when I played soccer, before a big game we would fill up on certain carbs, which is not saying that we ate food until we exploded, but rather that we were selective in what kind of carbs we ate. When you have to run, or maintain physical activity for long periods of time, your body needs those carbs for energy. Because of our current view of carbs being bad people tend to avoid them, but any nutritionist worth their salt, working with an athlete, will tell the athlete to eat them. In fact, back when my dad use to compete in triathlons, the night before the competition he would eat huge plates of pasta, so carbs aren't all bad. People just forget that anything in excess will be bad for you.

In terms of protein shakes, I personally have never used them. However, professional athletes need them to regenerate muscular fibers lost during training, although I don't know why they resort to that. I suppose it's because the body can't absorb all the nutrients you eat or some proteins are harder to break down than others. Anyway, as long as they are supervised by a good nutritionist they will be fine.

4. roadtrip

roadtrip New Member

Despite all the hype surrounding protein shakes and other pre-mixed concoctions, I am still a big supporter of all-around nutrition. While protein helps in building your muscles, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals are all equally important in keeping your body and health intact. It's more important to be mindful of what you eat rather than concentrate on one food group. At the end of the day, it all boils down to the quality of food that you put into your body.

5. JSWin

JSWin Member

Well, I've tried many different eating plans. There are a ton of myths out there about do this and do that. Balanced, a balanced diet. Lol amazingly enough that isn't even the best. I've just found the best and am on it about 10 months. I'm laughing cause there is nothing really balanced about it. I think that is said as a brainwashing thing or something. The food pyramid is probably the biggest scam. It makes people fat.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

Your right when you say there's loads if different diets out there that people are trying or getting you to subscribe to, but in my opinion hardly any of them work.

Instead of trying the latest fad diet, keeping to a balanced diet and exercising regularly should be enough to keep you fit and healthy.