Balanced Transportation Circa 1910

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.soc archive' started by Robert Haston, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. Q.

    Q. Guest

  2. Q. <LostVideos-AT-hotmail.com> wrote:

    : In 1900 there was 1.6 billion people on the earth, today there are about 6.3 billion. Things would
    : be pretty nice if we got rid of a few billion people
    : (c:

    The bicycle was quite popular around that time, and also played a part in the liberation of women.
    Increased personal mobility and all that...

    Ah, good old times ;)

    --
    Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/ [email protected]

  3. Like I've said before, there is a sure way to solve all mankind's problems:

    Stop having kids for 50 years

    "Q." <LostVideos-AT-hotmail.com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Robert Haston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > http://library.christchurch.org.nz/Heritage/Photos/Disc1/IMG0002.asp
    > >
    > > --
    > > Robert Haston Satellite Beach, FL
    >
    > Cool picture, thanks.
    >
    > In 1900 there was 1.6 billion people on the earth, today there are about
    6.3
    > billion. Things would be pretty nice if we got rid of a few billion
    people
    > (c:
    >
    > C.Q.C.

  4. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

  5. Scott Eiler

    Scott Eiler Guest

    Jeff wrote:

    > " Things would be pretty nice if we got rid of a few billion people"
    >
    > Not necessary.
    >
    > Imagine if we turn a few billion motorists into a few billion cyclists

    Careful what you wish for! Do you really want to stand in a line thousands of people long, the next
    time you want to buy a bike part?

    --
    -------- Scott Eiler B{D> -------- http://www.eilertech.com/ --------

    "It seemed an unlikely spot for a sensitive songwriter from Greenwich Village... She ordered the 20-
    ounce steak." -- Lin Brehmer, Chicago DJ, describing his meeting in a steakhouse with Suzanne Vega.

  6. Kevan Smith

    Kevan Smith Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 17:52:09 -0600, Scott Eiler <[email protected]> from
    Eiler Technical Enterprises wrote:

    >Jeff wrote:
    >
    >> " Things would be pretty nice if we got rid of a few billion people"
    >>
    >> Not necessary.
    >>
    >> Imagine if we turn a few billion motorists into a few billion cyclists
    >
    >Careful what you wish for! Do you really want to stand in a line thousands of people long, the next
    >time you want to buy a bike part?

    Do you wait in a line a thousand cars deep when you fill up with gas?

    A bike shop on every corner!

    WOOP!

    --
    [email protected]
    Is it finished?

  7. Mark

    Mark Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] potato.com says...
    > On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 17:52:09 -0600, Scott Eiler <[email protected]> from Eiler Technical
    > Enterprises wrote:
    >
    > >Jeff wrote:
    > >
    > >> " Things would be pretty nice if we got rid of a few billion people"
    > >>
    > >> Not necessary.
    > >>
    > >> Imagine if we turn a few billion motorists into a few billion cyclists
    > >
    > >Careful what you wish for! Do you really want to stand in a line thousands of people long, the
    > >next time you want to buy a bike part?
    >
    > Do you wait in a line a thousand cars deep when you fill up with gas?
    >
    > A bike shop on every corner!
    >
    > WOOP!

    Yeah, man!

    Mark