Ball Exercise

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by diane, Jan 15, 2005.

  1. diane

    diane Guest

    My husband bought a exercise ball well before I started losing weight. I
    ignored it-felt like I was too heavy to use it.

    Now I'd like to try it- what are your favorite exercises.

    --
    Diane

    Tags:

  2. Jaime

    Jaime Guest

    On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 06:37:19 -0500, "diane" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >My husband bought a exercise ball well before I started losing weight. I
    >ignored it-felt like I was too heavy to use it.
    >
    >Now I'd like to try it- what are your favorite exercises.

    One thing I like to do are squats with the exercise ball. The trainer
    at the YWCA showed me how to do them.

    Here is a link for instructions.....

    http://www.e-weightloss-fitness.com/leg_exercises/ball_squats.shtml

  3. Nicky

    Nicky Guest

    "Jaime" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 06:37:19 -0500, "diane" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>My husband bought a exercise ball well before I started losing weight. I
    >>ignored it-felt like I was too heavy to use it.
    >>
    >>Now I'd like to try it- what are your favorite exercises.

    > One thing I like to do are squats with the exercise ball. The trainer
    > at the YWCA showed me how to do them.
    >
    > Here is a link for instructions.....
    >
    > http://www.e-weightloss-fitness.com/leg_exercises/ball_squats.shtml

    Also
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?objectid=38B30798-0CC6-492C-AA58E07142317A8D

    Nicky.

    --
    A1c 10.5/5.7/<6 Weight 95/79/72Kg
    1g Metformin, 75ug Thyroxine

  4. Gayle

    Gayle Guest

    "diane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > My husband bought a exercise ball well before I started losing weight. I
    > ignored it-felt like I was too heavy to use it.
    >
    > Now I'd like to try it- what are your favorite exercises.

    I got the idea for the ball chair usage from Fitter First. This page has
    info on balls, active sitting, and near the bottom is a link to ball
    exercises. I'm having to start slowly, I can't do anything that takes me to
    a negative arch (back bend). I end up in great pain.

    http://www.fitter1.com/products_balls.html?mtcPromotion=home_menu>balance_
    boards

    What I really want to move up to is their Trikke - I will be strong enough
    to do this!!!

    http://www.fitter1.com/TR-B.html?mtcPromotion=collage>trikke

    --
    Gayle

    249/244/140 monthly-goal: 5 since: 01/01/2005