ballistol lube

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bentbiker, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    http://www.amoratech.com/ballistol.htm that's a new one on me, any "oldtimer" out there ever use the
    stuff? I wouldn't doubt it's good, just in our "new and high tech" society, we all thing there is
    something better out there. I wish they gave some more info on durability, application and if it's a
    dry lube or remains sticky to attract dirt.

    Tags:

  2. Mike Rocole

    Mike Rocole Guest

    bentbiker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > http://www.amoratech.com/ballistol.htm that's a new one on me, any "oldtimer" out there ever use
    > the stuff? I wouldn't doubt it's good, just in our "new and high tech" society, we all thing there
    > is something better out there. I wish they gave some more info on durability, application and if
    > it's a dry lube or remains sticky to attract dirt.

    I have used this stuff in Muzzle Loaders for a couple of years now. It is a water based lube that
    seems to creep into every nook and cranny. It does wash away with water but it does dry to a
    tacky feel.

    For bikes?

    White Lighting is MUCH better. For Muzzle Loaders Ballistol is the best.