ban beer can bikes.

Callistus Valerius

Guest
A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you have confidence in an
elongated beer can used for your top and down tubes? We as consumers must
say "no" to beer can bikes.

Callistus Valerius wrote:
> A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you have
> confidence in an elongated beer can used for your top and down tubes?
> We as consumers must say "no" to beer can bikes.

g.daniels?!?

Bill "cola man" S.

Callistus Valerius wrote:

> A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you have confidence in an
> elongated beer can used for your top and down tubes? We as consumers must
> say "no" to beer can bikes.

I heard the Cannondale Super V frames had down tubes that you could
deflect with thumb pressure. They really weren't much thicker than a
beer can.

> A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you have

confidence in an
> elongated beer can used for your top and down tubes? We as

consumers must
> say "no" to beer can bikes.

Nice troll. Two good things about the Cannondale beer cans: (1)
if you break one, you get a new one free, and (2) you get a $.10
deposit in Oregon. This keeps people from throwing them out
along the highway. -- Jay Beattie.

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:03:22 GMT, "Callistus Valerius"
<[email protected]> wrote:
>A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you have confidence in an
>elongated beer can used for your top and down tubes? We as consumers must
>say "no" to beer can bikes.

We as usenet users must say "no" to trolls. Beer tastes better.
--
Rick "Beer drinkers are double-butted too" Onanian

Jay Beattie <[email protected]> wrote:
> Nice troll. Two good things about the Cannondale beer cans: (1)
> if you break one, you get a new one free, and (2) you get a $.10
> deposit in Oregon. This keeps people from throwing them out
> along the highway. -- Jay Beattie.

if anyone would like to get their 10c deposit i'm just 40 miles from oregon
and would be more than happy to assist. just mail 'em in.
--
david reuteler
[email protected]

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:47:56 +0000, David Reuteler wrote:
> Jay Beattie <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Nice troll. Two good things about the Cannondale beer cans: (1)
>> if you break one, you get a new one free, and (2) you get a $.10
>> deposit in Oregon.

> if anyone would like to get their 10c deposit i'm just 40 miles from oregon
> and would be more than happy to assist. just mail 'em in.

Well, I'm IN Oregon and it's only a nickel.

To make up the difference, I'll cover shipping.

EK

<[email protected]> may have said:

>A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you have confidence in an
>elongated beer can used for your top and down tubes? We as consumers must
>say "no" to beer can bikes.

I draw the line at the ones filled with American beer. The ones
filled with German, British or Irish brews should have adequate
strength.

Callistus Valer wrote:
> A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you have confidence
> in an elongated beer can used for your top and down tubes? We as
> consumers must say "no" to beer can bikes.

Isn't "double butted at each end" a tautology?