ban beer can bikes.

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Callistus Valer, Apr 30, 2004.

  1. A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you have
    confidence in an elongated beer can used for your top and
    down tubes? We as consumers must say "no" to beer can bikes.

    Tags:

  2. S O R N I

    S O R N I Guest

    Callistus Valerius wrote:
    > A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you
    > have confidence in an elongated beer can used for your
    > top and down tubes? We as consumers must say "no" to beer
    > can bikes.

    g.daniels?!?

    Bill "cola man" S.

  3. Callistus Valerius wrote:

    > A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you
    > have confidence in an elongated beer can used for your
    > top and down tubes? We as consumers must say "no" to beer
    > can bikes.

    I heard the Cannondale Super V frames had down tubes that
    you could deflect with thumb pressure. They really weren't
    much thicker than a beer can.

  4. Jay Beattie

    Jay Beattie Guest

    > A beer can is double butted at each end, but would
    > you have
    confidence in an
    > elongated beer can used for your top and down tubes? We as
    consumers must
    > say "no" to beer can bikes.

    Nice troll. Two good things about the Cannondale beer cans:
    (1) if you break one, you get a new one free, and (2) you
    get a $.10 deposit in Oregon. This keeps people from
    throwing them out along the highway. -- Jay Beattie.

  5. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

    On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:03:22 GMT, "Callistus Valerius"
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you
    >have confidence in an elongated beer can used for your
    >top and down tubes? We as consumers must say "no" to beer
    >can bikes.

    We as usenet users must say "no" to trolls. Beer
    tastes better.
    --
    Rick "Beer drinkers are double-butted too" Onanian

  6. Jay Beattie <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Nice troll. Two good things about the Cannondale beer
    > cans: (1) if you break one, you get a new one free, and
    > (2) you get a $.10 deposit in Oregon. This keeps people
    > from throwing them out along the highway. -- Jay Beattie.

    if anyone would like to get their 10c deposit i'm just 40
    miles from oregon and would be more than happy to assist.
    just mail 'em in.
    --
    david reuteler [email protected]

  7. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    <[email protected]> may have said:

    >A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you
    >have confidence in an elongated beer can used for your
    >top and down tubes? We as consumers must say "no" to beer
    >can bikes.

    I draw the line at the ones filled with American beer. The
    ones filled with German, British or Irish brews should have
    adequate strength.

  8. armchair_spacem

    armchair_spacem New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    Isn't "double butted at each end" a tautology?