ban beer can bikes.

Callistus Valer

Guest
A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you have
confidence in an elongated beer can used for your top and
down tubes? We as consumers must say "no" to beer can bikes.

Callistus Valerius wrote:
> A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you
> have confidence in an elongated beer can used for your
> top and down tubes? We as consumers must say "no" to beer
> can bikes.

g.daniels?!?

Bill "cola man" S.

Callistus Valerius wrote:

> A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you
> have confidence in an elongated beer can used for your
> top and down tubes? We as consumers must say "no" to beer
> can bikes.

I heard the Cannondale Super V frames had down tubes that
you could deflect with thumb pressure. They really weren't
much thicker than a beer can.

> A beer can is double butted at each end, but would
> you have
confidence in an
> elongated beer can used for your top and down tubes? We as
consumers must
> say "no" to beer can bikes.

Nice troll. Two good things about the Cannondale beer cans:
(1) if you break one, you get a new one free, and (2) you
get a $.10 deposit in Oregon. This keeps people from
throwing them out along the highway. -- Jay Beattie.

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:03:22 GMT, "Callistus Valerius"
<[email protected]> wrote:
>A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you
>have confidence in an elongated beer can used for your
>top and down tubes? We as consumers must say "no" to beer
>can bikes.

We as usenet users must say "no" to trolls. Beer
tastes better.
--
Rick "Beer drinkers are double-butted too" Onanian

Jay Beattie <[email protected]> wrote:
> Nice troll. Two good things about the Cannondale beer
> cans: (1) if you break one, you get a new one free, and
> (2) you get a $.10 deposit in Oregon. This keeps people
> from throwing them out along the highway. -- Jay Beattie.

if anyone would like to get their 10c deposit i'm just 40
miles from oregon and would be more than happy to assist.
just mail 'em in.
--
david reuteler [email protected]

<[email protected]> may have said:

>A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you
>have confidence in an elongated beer can used for your
>top and down tubes? We as consumers must say "no" to beer
>can bikes.

I draw the line at the ones filled with American beer. The
ones filled with German, British or Irish brews should have
adequate strength.

Originally posted by Callistus Valer
A beer can is double butted at each end, but would you have
confidence in an elongated beer can used for your top and
down tubes? We as consumers must say "no" to beer can bikes.

Isn't "double butted at each end" a tautology?