Bananas?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Cully_J, Aug 19, 2009.

1. CrankyThunder

CrankyThunder Member

Oatmeal, Banana, and apples are my favorite.

sharkantropo likes this.

2. oportosanto

oportosanto Well-Known Member

Bananas are great, they give fast energy and they are healthy. Apples are good too, but they take longer to eat and make me more hungry lol.

3. Keyan

Keyan Member

I used to eat just bananas or a piece of carrot for my breakfast before I go out. I think these two provides the energy that I need when I start my day. Lately my doctor says to limit my banana intake for some reasons.

4. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Active Member

I enjoy bananas as well, even though it's an incredibly sugary fruit. My GP was telling me that an average sized banana has the same quantity as 6 teaspoons of sugar. It's definitely not a fruit for diabetics. On the flip side it's ideal for anyone needing a quick energy boost.

5. jrschultz

jrschultz Member

I have a banana every day for breakfast. It might not be the best thing, but it's quick and easy.

6. chrislee99777

chrislee99777 Member

I like bananas toooo~And I love all fruits!Although you love bananas do not eat too much;)

7. oportosanto

Haha, well, it's practical indeed, but it doesn't seem enough to hold you up to lunch time is it? :)

8. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

There is nothing like a banana to perk you up. They give you energy instantly and if you need that pick me up that's the snack to have.

9. zipp2001

zipp2001 Well-Known Member

I eat banana and peanut butter sandwiches.

10. solostarr

solostarr New Member

Yes! I love banana too and after I take 3-4 then I feel that I can fight with anyone in the world.It's because of that banana helps in maintaining the testosterone level in the boys and helps to boost it.Well! banana is in my daily diet and my first food after I wake up is banana and beans and grams.These all help me to feel energies for all day and I never loose my mood from any work.I think it's better choice than any other junk food we take in our breakfast.

11. oportosanto

Strong combination here, never tried it, but I already tried peanut butter and honey. Also, I put banana in my cereals and it's great!

12. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

I like to eat bananas. They offer a good amount of potassium as well as other great nutritional vitamins. Great fruit to eat always!

13. rajeshcycles

rajeshcycles New Member

Bananas are one of the best energy giving foods. Almost every cyclist should eat bananas. I am kinda addicted to bananas. I eat at least 2-3 bananas before my cycling session. Along with bananas, you can eat low-calorie energy giving foods such as apples, pomegranate, etc.

14. lonelyfaith

lonelyfaith New Member

I also really love bananas. Anytime I need a snack or some quick energy I just grab a banana. I love them plain or in smoothies or whatever. They are just great and delicious. And you can even take them on the go.

15. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

Nope. You are not. What a ridiculous statement.

16. rajeshcycles

rajeshcycles New Member

Well, I am not joking. I can't live without bananas and they are good source of energy for athletes like me.

oportosanto likes this.
  17. rajeshcycles

rajeshcycles New Member

Yes, there are many health benefits of bananas. It's actually best food for eyesight. Better eyesight helps me to ride bicycle at night.

18. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Well it is actualyl one of the best fruits for fitness people, I never go out to ride or train without eating a banana right before, it is just one of the most amazing fruits no doubts.

19. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

Bananas provide nessacary nutrients that may help maintain healthy eyesight, but just like carrots, they do not improve eyesight any. They also are high in fructose, which easily converted to glucose by the body. This is good for an energy boost if you need it, but makes them a bad choice for anybody with any level of insulin resistance.

20. Okaviator

Okaviator New Member

I take a banana every time I go road biking. It's convenient because it's cost efficient, not messy, and I is a very good energy booster.