Bananas?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Cully_J, Aug 19, 2009.

1. oportosanto

oportosanto Well-Known Member

Bananas provide good and fast energy to our blood stream, not only they improve our condition physically, but also they help us think better.

2. Dilof

Dilof New Member

I always take 2-3 bananas to eat as I'm cycling or whenever I stop. I'll usually have a banana or two before I leave as well, they're just such a good fast-energy release food.

oportosanto likes this.
  3. doxie19

doxie19 New Member

Bananas are a great alternative to candy for me since they satisfy my sugar cravings.

Unfortunately the only thing that seems is give me energy is coffee!

4. sharkantropo

sharkantropo Member

Oatmeal and ripe bananas for me at morning and afternoon. I suggest to buy ripe ones, they are cheaper and are ready to consumption. It's a matter of preference though.

5. Belovedad

Belovedad New Member

I have heard that bananas are good for the mind and body. I've also heard that you shouldn't eat more than a certain amount or you'll get bad side effects. So eating them in moderation is good.

6. oportosanto

It's good to be taking bananas when cycling because they provide a lot of energy. We need to be careful where to place them though...

7. madetofly

madetofly New Member

I love bananas too because it provides me with a lot of energy and it is also scientifically proven. It boosts up the testosterone level in male and gives us the energy to do work.
    Eat banana and ride cycle make you look perfect.

8. oportosanto

Bananas are good energy source and they are practical to carry. I love them with cheese, but I never take cheese when riding haha. :D

9. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

This is new to me. I have never tried that before but I can see how it can be good. Bananas go really well with salty foods.

oportosanto likes this.
  10. oportosanto

Yep, I love cheese with apples too and that's pretty much it. As bananas combinations there are quite a few as it's a really balanced food.

11. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlands Member

I think that bananas are great to have either at the beginning of a ride, during the ride, or when you have finished for the day. They seem to be able to give you a burst of energy, and this means that you are able to perform (or recover if you're eating it afterwards) much better than you would otherwise have been able to. I also find that they're very easy to carry around thanks to the fact that they come in their own protective wrapping, which is very handy indeed when you don't want to be weighed down whilst you're cycling!

12. cyclenthusias44

Yes, bananas are full of nutrients. They are definitely good for our eyes. I eat them every day. Well, they are one of the healthiest fruits and it's my favourite fruit.

13. SkerleeWerg

SkerleeWerg Member

Bananas are never going to disappoint you. Almost always gonna be the cheapest, easiest to tell if it's ripe, they're everywhere, etc. Bananas are what every other fruit should be already.

14. oportosanto

That is why it's important to have them around when we are about to ride, they provide energy and they are healthy, so they prevent us to eat worse things.

15. Novelangel

Novelangel Member

Just drink black coffee. It has more vitamins, antioxidants and healthy liver detox stuff in it than fruit and veggies do. I'm currently on a coffee detox regimen and I'm loving the results. It doesn't matter if it's decaff or regular either. Just make sure if you go on a detox regimen of any kind that you drink a lot of water with it. ;)

16. oportosanto

The issue with coffee is that it's a drug and we get addicted to it, so I stay away from coffee. Now and again sure, but not on a daily basis.

17. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

That has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I have seen posted as nutrition advice in a long time. Detox is a load of bull shit, or did you not get the memo? Coffee does not, and can not replace the absolute need for fruits and vegetables in a healthy diet and it is not an energy source. It is a stimulant.

18. oportosanto

lol, coffee indeed does not help, that is why it's so important to be surrounded by healthy foods, to avoid resorting to what's unhealthy.

Jcycle likes this.
  19. Novelangel

Novelangel Member

LOL. Hey, you know, whatever you EXPERTS say. By the way, I never suggested coffee should be used as an energy source. I said it contained antioxidants, which happen to be very real or haven't any of you ever gotten the memo on those? I have sources to back up what I say... I'm new here and not sure if I'm allowed to post links to them or not, but if I am and you need to see them, just ask and I shall supply. Oh, and by the way, it is acceptable to allow other people the right to decide for themselves whether detox is a good thing or not. That is precisely what fruits and vegetables do to the body, or have you missed THAT memo too?

20. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

Sure you can decide for yourself. Deciding that a myth propagated by people that want to make money off of a fad that not only has no scientific backing, but has also been disproved by a preponderance of readily available data is totally within your rights. Unless you are talking about drugs, there is no detoxing the body. Dietary detox is a myth. Fruits and vegetables are a source of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and in many cases carbs and or sugars that break down into glucose for fuel. Detox isn't a primary function of fruits and vegetables. You have been had.