Bananas?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Cully_J, Aug 19, 2009.

1. lisasian86

lisasian86 New Member

I love bananas, I take them everywhere with me, they are so convenient and tasty and great for an energy boost.

2. oportosanto

oportosanto Well-Known Member

Well, I don't take bananas everywhere with me lol, at the same time when I exercise they are a valuable help.

3. Pixie_Dust

Pixie_Dust New Member

I love bananas, I think it's the perfect option when you're exercising, get the energy boost immediately. I also like different nuts and dried apricots.

4. Drolo

Drolo New Member

You know what, when I was younger (many years ago) I didn't eat breakfast because my stomach just never felt up to it in the mornings. If I did eat it would weigh heavy on my stomach making me feel tired. When I saw my doctor about it, he told me to start having a banana for breakfast each morning. He said that, even if I didn't feel hungry or if I felt sick or even if I had to force-feed myself that eventually my body would become accustomed to it. So I tried it and he was right. It did weigh heavy on my stomach at first but after a couple of weeks I started to feel much more energized and was able to eat in the mornings no problem.

5. neednoexcuse

neednoexcuse Member

I agree with all the replies. Banana is one of the best fruits which are rich in proteins. Banana is a fruit full of protein and it provides a lot of energy. I eat 5-6 bananas (half dozen) on a daily basis and I love the taste of it. It contains natural sugar and that's why I don't need to care about sugar.

6. Dame6089

Dame6089 New Member

I am a huge advocate as bananas as a pre-workout source. For me some of the huge benefits are:

1. Cheap: Bananas are much cheaper than buying a pre-workout supplement. A bundle of bananas is around a $1 in most areas.

2. Filling: Bananas are naturally filling and are great if you wake up early to workout. You can get something in your stomach that will allow you to get through your workout.

3. Quick: Bananas give you energy fast. I eat a banana about 15 minutes before exercising and the energy hits me right as I begin working out.

If you are looking to save money and try a more natural pre-workout, give bananas a go!

7. cycle93

cycle93 Member

Bananas and oats!

These are the magical friends if you are looking for energy for your trip or workout. Oats or other wheat have a lot of fiber in them so it gives you all the nutrients you need and banana is just the king of fruits as you mentioned before. Full of potassium and energy.

8. Belovedad

Belovedad New Member

I eat 2 bananas a day. They are cheap and are very good for you muscle development. They should be eaten in moderation though as too much can have negative side effects.

9. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

Bananas are sweet, easy to eat, and packs a punch when it comes to giving your body nutrients and energy. I definitely would eat them pre-workout, and I believe that it definitely helps during training, but I tend to overdo it, and these sweet delights are often in bunches, so I kind of overeat them. I lose all the added calories in training, but it still is pretty bad that I have little to no self control when eating fruit... which isn't all that bad when you think about it, huh?

10. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Bananas really can bring out the best of a fruit salad. If a fruit salad doesn't have bananas then for me at least it's not much of a fruit salad.