Bananas?

Yeah! I am a big banana lover and eater too ;). It is also proved scientifically that if we eat bananas, then they help in boosting our testosterone level. This keeps us energized for the day. I think it's a good habit of eating bananas, especially for the athletes. Well! Anybody athletes here? :)

For me it's as simple as it gets, banana's give me energy for the body and mind and allow me to exercise better, so I am sticking with them for that purpose.

Oatmeal and ripe bananas for me at morning and afternoon. I suggest to buy ripe ones, they are cheaper and are ready to consumption. It's a matter of preference though.
I don't know why but that is one killer combination. I sometimes will add a yogurt into that mix and it just jumps onto a whole new level.

Reactions: sharkantropo
I am diabetic (not put your fork down issues, not type 2, not preventable). I am type 1 and insulin dependent. I could eat a banana provided I ate a protein with it to slow the metabolism of the fructose and allow for a more even blood sugar level instead of getting a spike and having to medicate for it.

I can't even imagine the limitation it is to have diabetes, better said, I do know because I had a friend who suffered from it too and it really conditioned his life.

I can't even imagine the limitation it is to have diabetes, better said, I do know because I had a friend who suffered from it too and it really conditioned his life.

Truth be told, it isn't all that limiting. I can eat anything other people can. I just do it in the proper portions and combinations for what I need. Following a diabetic diet leads to a healthy outcome. Diabetics just have more incentive to eat the way we all should to begin with.

In my opinion banana is a good training food and it keeps the feel of hungriness away a long time. In addition it includes vitamines.

I like my bananas when they are borderline rotten. When they form those black spots, you know it's as ripe as possible. It's like eating candy at that point. I used to love putting bananas in cereal as a kid. I've been cutting down on the bananas and fruits in general due to the sugar.

In my opinion banana is a good training food and it keeps the feel of hungriness away a long time. In addition it includes vitamines.
The carbs a great quick energy source. Bananas are also great because you can carry them around easily. They are extremely easy to peel as well.

I wouldn't disregard bananas for their sugar content. If you need to watch your sugar intake I would just eat one with some protein rather than avoid them.

Truth be told, it isn't all that limiting. I can eat anything other people can. I just do it in the proper portions and combinations for what I need. Following a diabetic diet leads to a healthy outcome. Diabetics just have more incentive to eat the way we all should to begin with.

Glad to hear about that. Maybe the case of my friend was more extreme as he had a really strict diet and took a lot of meds, he even lost his vision.

Well, not the most favorite fruit of mine... however, it's still on the list. I like eating them but only a couple per hour, I guess. Otherwise... I get sick of them pretty quickly. No good.

Glad to hear about that. Maybe the case of my friend was more extreme as he had a really strict diet and took a lot of meds, he even lost his vision.
It means he was either non-compliant with his treatment, or went untreated for an enormous amount of time. If he had followed the right treatment plan it would have never gotten so bad. I'm sorry to hear he has it so bad now.

Yep, you are right, he was simply careless and didn't take his meds when he was supposed to. To be honest it was something that I never understood, how he was so careless about something that was vital to him...

I LIKE BANANAS FOR ENERGY ALSO BECAUSE I HEARD & READ THAT IT CAN HELP ALLEVIATE CRAMPS DURING AND AFTER A RIDE.

I LIKE BANANAS FOR ENERGY ALSO BECAUSE I HEARD & READ THAT IT CAN HELP ALLEVIATE CRAMPS DURING AND AFTER A RIDE.

Whoa! Lay off the caps please! No need to shout. Bananas have potassium, and generally you consume foods with potassium to prevent cramps rather than treat them. At least that is the smart way to do it.

:)

Yep, that is correct, bananas do help in what concerns cramps, potassium like you say jcycle.

Banana chips, trail mix, almonds, apples, dried peaches and apricots, And I sometimes take a small bag of Honey Bunch of Oats when i ride.

Reactions: oportosanto