BANG FOR THE BUCK-BEST VALUE?

Old Monty

Oct 14, 2003
In the $2400-$2700 range, given any frame material, ie: carbon, aluminum, steel, or composite, which bike gives the most bang for the buck? My analysis leads me to the Cannondale R2000. What do others think?

Ahh, what are you going to do with the bike? Race? Tour? Almost every $2000+ bike is really sweet and built using quality parts. It's all personal choice at this level

Originally posted by tacomee
Ahh, what are you going to do with the bike? Race? Tour? Almost every $2000+ bike is really sweet and built using quality parts. It's all personal choice at this level
I plan to do group rides, and an occasional tri.

Cannondale R2000 does give great value but there is some question about durability of the frame. Giant composite is also a good buy in this range. Trek 5200 is probably a little less of a value but you can't go wrong. Also look at the Kestrel Talon and the new LeMond combo frames are intersting and fairly priced.

Originally posted by Old Monty
In the $2400-$2700 range, given any frame material, ie: carbon, aluminum, steel, or composite, which bike gives the most bang for the buck? My analysis leads me to the Cannondale R2000. What do others think?

Have you considered the Cervelo Soloist "Team" edition? I believe it's all the bike the 'Dale is, but wil rule in the Tri's you're planning on, compared to the Cannondale.

-Zo

Originally posted by Old Monty
The R2000 isn't sexy, but has a great frame, carbon fork and seat post, ultegra, and great wheels..Kysyrum sl. For $2400 retail, its the best value out there in my humble opinion.....hands down!

The best VALUE for me is my most recent purchase:
A Bianchi Vigorelli 2003, brand new, Reynolds 631/Ultegra (MSRP: $ 1,600) which I got for $ 1,099.00 the price of the Eros.
And the swapped stock handle bar for an Easton EC 90 carbon for the price of $ 108.00
Corsaire

Originally posted by BaCardi
Canondale? I thought you wanted the best bang for the buck?
What would your suggested "Best Bang for the Buck" be???javascript:smilie(':confused:')

Why on earth would you not include Titanium? You indicated bang for the buck, and I just picked up two or three catalogs and found 10 better bikes as far as "bang for the buck". One of the best being in Colorado Cyclist.. the 03 Litespeed Tuscany with Ultegra and Cosmos for $2399. Heck, for that money, you have money to burn. Get a pair of campy protons for $350 that weigh 100g less than the Kysrium Elites... and you have a bike with two nice sets of wheels.... and a frame thats gonna last you longer and be more reliable than the Cannondale... plus wont beat you to death... just my 2 cents...

Chris

ps: I dont own a Cannondale or a Litespeed, nor do I sell or have any ties to Colorado Cyclist or the aforementioned products. I just know there are more "bang for the buck" bikes that are mentioned above and am using the above as an example. I dont have time to find the 'ultimate' bike for the price. So, I just suggest that he keeps shopping.

Originally posted by isdsms
The R2000 isn't sexy, but has a great frame, carbon fork and seat post, ultegra, and great wheels..Kysyrum sl. For $2400 retail, its the best value out there in my humble opinion.....hands down!
Fuji Marseille,all ultegra w/ritchey crank,Mavic K Elites,under $1600,thats value.

Another good bang for the buck: I got a Bianchi Volpe 2003, brand spanky new (LBS floor clean up)metallic red, blue Bianchi letters for $ 529.00 (MSRP: $ 860.00), this one will be beater, all around bike.
Gotta love those end of year deals!
Corsaire :)

Originally posted by shokhead1
Fuji Marseille,all ultegra w/ritchey crank,Mavic K Elites,under $1600,thats value.
Old Monty's criteria is $2400-$2700 retail...I suppose

Originally posted by shokhead1
Old Monty's criteria is $2400-$2700 retail...I suppose

Because I work for a company that carries Cannondale, I can get the R2000 for 1350.00. How's that for a deal? :):D

Originally posted by Bilkid
Because I work for a company that carries Cannondale, I can get the R2000 for 1350.00. How's that for a deal? :):D
Assuming a 35% markup on a bike that retails for $2400, pretty amazing!!!!