Bar tape

Stanners77

Aug 3, 2004
Hi all,

Before you arc up, yes I have searched for related threads and didn't quite get the answers I was looking for.

(Looking at the bars from a riding position) do you roll the tape inwards or outwards? I read somewhere that because people tend to move their hands outwards when sprinting, etc on the drops, you should roll the tape outwards, ie clockwise on the right, anti-clockwise on the left.

Also, can someone please clearly explain the best method for negotiating the brake levers (using the non-fig 8, spare piece of tape method)?

Cheers,

Stanners77 said:
Hi all,

Before you arc up, yes I have searched for related threads and didn't quite get the answers I was looking for.

(Looking at the bars from a riding position) do you roll the tape inwards or outwards? I read somewhere that because people tend to move their hands outwards when sprinting, etc on the drops, you should roll the tape outwards, ie clockwise on the right, anti-clockwise on the left.

Also, can someone please clearly explain the best method for negotiating the brake levers (using the non-fig 8, spare piece of tape method)?

Cheers,
see:
http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/bartape.shtml