bar tape

Originally posted by Mark South
"crystal_tears_" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mark South wrote:
> > "crystal_tears_" <[email protected]>
> > wrote in message [email protected]ews:A73pc.20416$Fx6.8914@fe-
> > 17.usenetserver.com...
> > > I insist on black leather bar tape. Looks classic
> > > and is extremely durable. A mate of mine has 20 year
> > > old tape on all his bikes and it's still going
> > > strong.
> > Eeeeeuuuuwwww!!! 20 years of sweat and crud ready to
> > leach out at a moment's notice :-(
>
> Silly Boy ! He cleans it regularly so it looks brand
> spanking new. Cork tape is just a rip off in my view.
> It doesn't last very long and looks manky after a
> short while.

(There seems to be an echo in here?)

Some of us prefer cork tape. It's less likely to irritate
your skin on long rides and not all of us are into the
leather thing. And it's cheap enough to change a couple
times a season.
--
Mark South Citizen of the World, Denizen of the Net <<Tiens!
Ce poulet a une grenade!

Well i don't prefer bloody cork tape ! Leather bar tape doesn't irritate my skin at all no matter how far i cycle. Also it isn't cost effective to keep on changing tape twice a season:mad:

>Well i don't prefer bloody cork tape ! Leather bar tape doesn't irritate
>my skin at all no matter how far i cycle. Also it isn't cost effective
>to keep on changing tape twice a season:mad:

If corck tape irritates your skin, then that is a reason to
avoid it. Personally it doesn't irritate mine. As for having
to change it twice a season, I think you are mistaken on
that one. I ride my bike almost daily and the cork tape,
which is at least two years old, is perfectly fine.

Cheers, helen s

--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
correct one remove fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

--Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel
is switched off--