Barcroft Virginia and trainers

Jim C

Guest
My wife just got a Virginia. We found when setting it up on the Kurt Kinetic trainer that there is a
flange that overhangs the top of the drop out and the cups of the trainer just manage to damage the
paint on the flange.

Are there quick releases that stick out more or another solution?

--
Jim C

"Jim C" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> My wife just got a Virginia. We found when setting it up on the Kurt
Kinetic
> trainer that there is a flange that overhangs the top of the drop out and the cups of the trainer
> just manage to damage the paint on the flange.
>
> Are there quick releases that stick out more or another solution?
>
> --
> Jim C

Those are called "Breezer-style" dropouts after the MTB manufacturer who made them popular/famous.
My Haluzak has them also and I haven't found a trainer that works with them.

<Chas> Haluzak Hybrid Race -- the inline wheelchair

You might be able to make some axels that stick out far enough to do the trick. Maybe they wouldn't
be QR, but a stack of bolts on the end of a longer skewer might do it?