Barcroft Virginia seat bags?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jim C, Mar 29, 2003.

  1. Jim C

    Jim C Guest

    Looking for recommendations for a seat bag? Something that will carry couple of tubes, patch kit,
    tool, and pump.

    --
    Jim C

    Tags:

  2. Bob Wand

    Bob Wand Guest

  3. Daniel Payne

    Daniel Payne Guest

    On 29-Mar-2003, "Jim C" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Looking for recommendations for a seat bag? Something that will carry couple of tubes, patch kit,
    > tool, and pump.
    >
    > --
    > Jim C

    I got a small handle bar bag like this:

    http://www.bikepartsusa.com/product_info.phtml?p=01-85682&large=1

    and mounted it to a low horizontal bar on the back of my mesh seat. just enough room for alien tool,
    patch kit, and a bike lock.

    Daniel "less is more" Payne

    > Looking for recommendations for a seat bag? Something that will carry couple of tubes, patch kit,
    > tool, and pump.

    I have a Topeak Handy Phone Pack Plus that I use on my monotube Bacchetta Giro. It hangs under the
    seat. Easy to reach and easy to remove.

    http://www.clee.org/Cycling/Giro/Images/TopeakPhoneBag.jpg

    http://www.topeak.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/Store/handyphone.html?
    L+scstore+gpjx3194ff9f0c9f+1049066847

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  5. I have a Jandt Handlebar bag mounted on the rear of my Barcroft Dakota. I did not want an overly
    large bag and this handlebar bag is very well made and can hold a lightweight jacket along with tire
    tubes, first aid kit, patches, small pump and a small wrench kit. The bag has a hard plastic liner
    inside and would prevent any sharp objects from damaging the fabric material of the bag. The bag is
    pictured on my website below:

    http://olarryr.homestead.com/home.html

    Larry Raphael Barcroft Dakota #02, Metallic Blue Oakton, VA

    "Jim C" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Looking for recommendations for a seat bag? Something that will carry couple of tubes, patch kit,
    > tool, and pump.

  6. Mike S

    Mike S Guest

    "Jim C" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Looking for recommendations for a seat bag? Something that will carry couple of tubes, patch kit,
    > tool, and pump.

    I just bought a Hostelshoppe made (Lone Peak produced?) RANS type seatback bag from the Hostelshoppe
    catalogue. The advantage of the bag is that it can be cinched tight to the seat back reducing its
    depth to five inches which is important since the rear tolerances of the Virginia prohibits use of
    too deep of a bag. It has a lot of interior space, even when cinched tight, is much lighter than the
    old RANS briefcase type bag, and even has slots for two extra water bottles. Liked it so much bought
    another one for our Columbia tandem.

    Mike S Barcroft Virginia GT Barcroft Columbia tandem RANS V-Rex