Bargain carbon soled road shoes

byron27

New Member
Oct 19, 2003
These are at parkers in nedlands and are running out the door at only 170 bucks. I have a set of the ones without the rachet system and after 18 months of use i only have great things to say about them. save the money on the sidis, get a set of these and spend the rest on "supplements" ;) !!

http://www.exustar.com/sr221.htm

byron27 said:
These are at parkers in nedlands and are running out the door at only 170 bucks. I have a set of the ones without the rachet system and after 18 months of use i only have great things to say about them. save the money on the sidis, get a set of these and spend the rest on "supplements" ;) !!

http://www.exustar.com/sr221.htm
Byron,

I was looking at these from a shop in NZ at a very good price but I was told they are a narrow shoe (I have wide feet) so I did not bother to buy. Might be worth a look if I can actually stick my feet into 'em.

cheers,
SteveA

look like they share the dmt/nike sole, and that clasp is a lot like the one on shimano 130s

still good price

SteveA said:
Byron,

I was looking at these from a shop in NZ at a very good price but I was told they are a narrow shoe (I have wide feet) so I did not bother to buy. Might be worth a look if I can actually stick my feet into 'em.

cheers,
SteveA
That seems a bit strange as i have quite wide feet and have always struggled to get comfortable in a pair of sidis but these were great. They have very similar sizing to specialized shoes if you have ever had a pair of those.

byron27 wrote:

> SteveA Wrote:
>
>>Byron,
>>
>>I was looking at these from a shop in NZ at a very good price but I was
>>told they are a narrow shoe (I have wide feet) so I did not bother to
>>buy. Might be worth a look if I can actually stick my feet into 'em.
>>
>>cheers,
>>SteveA

> That seems a bit strange as i have quite wide feet and have always
> struggled to get comfortable in a pair of sidis but these were great.
> They have very similar sizing to specialized shoes if you have ever had
> a pair of those.

Hmm, nice looking shoes - pity I just bought some Sidi.

On another topic, what on Earth is
http://www.exustar.com/t05.htm
for? It's a tool on the same site.

Duncan.

byron27 wrote:
> These are at parkers in nedlands and are running out the door at only
> 170 bucks. I have a set of the ones without the rachet system and after
> 18 months of use i only have great things to say about them. save the
> money on the sidis, get a set of these and spend the rest on
> "supplements" ;) !!
>
> http://www.exustar.com/sr221.htm

oohh, white pretty boy shoes....

BrettS said:
byron27 wrote:
> These are at parkers in nedlands and are running out the door at only
> 170 bucks. I have a set of the ones without the rachet system and after
> 18 months of use i only have great things to say about them. save the
> money on the sidis, get a set of these and spend the rest on
> "supplements" ;) !!
>
> http://www.exustar.com/sr221.htm

oohh, white pretty boy shoes....
i want to fit in with the riders choice boys!!

its a step up on the old yellow, size 47 "big bird" shoes ive used for the past year and a bit....

Duncan Farrow wrote:

> byron27 wrote:
>
>> SteveA Wrote:
>>
>>> Byron,
>>> I was looking at these from a shop in NZ at a very good price but I was
>>> told they are a narrow shoe (I have wide feet) so I did not bother to
>>> buy. Might be worth a look if I can actually stick my feet into 'em.
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> SteveA

>> That seems a bit strange as i have quite wide feet and have always
>> struggled to get comfortable in a pair of sidis but these were great.
>> They have very similar sizing to specialized shoes if you have ever had
>> a pair of those.
>>

> Hmm, nice looking shoes - pity I just bought some Sidi.
>
> On another topic, what on Earth is
> http://www.exustar.com/t05.htm
> for? It's a tool on the same site.
>
> Duncan.

My first impression was that it was a grease gun. The fact that it has
a plunger indicates that it squirts something out...

--
BrettS

byron27 wrote:

> BrettS Wrote:
>
>>byron27 wrote:
>>
>>>These are at parkers in nedlands and are running out the door at only
>>>170 bucks. I have a set of the ones without the rachet system and

>>after
>>
>>>18 months of use i only have great things to say about them. save the
>>>money on the sidis, get a set of these and spend the rest on
>>>"supplements" ;) !!
>>>
>>>http://www.exustar.com/sr221.htm
>>>

>>oohh, white pretty boy shoes....

> i want to fit in with the riders choice boys!!
>
> its a step up on the old yellow, size 47 "big bird" shoes ive used for
> the past year and a bit....

yeah, I bought blue shoes to match my bike, then bought a different bike...

Have you seen white shoes after a ride in the rain? yuk...

--
BrettS

byron27 wrote:
> Duncan Farrow Wrote:
>
>>On another topic, what on Earth is
>>http://www.exustar.com/t05.htm
>>for? It's a tool on the same site.
>>
>>Duncan.

> I think it is for refilling/regreasing suspension forks??

It looks like one of those things they use to suck the brains out of car
drivers.

Marty

byron27 said:
That seems a bit strange as i have quite wide feet and have always struggled to get comfortable in a pair of sidis but these were great. They have very similar sizing to specialized shoes if you have ever had a pair of those.
Kiwi bike shop. Who knows? I'll definitely have to go and try them

SteveA

byron27 said:
I think it is for refilling/regreasing suspension forks??
I bought one of the Exus grease guns from Dean Woods for greasing pedals, headsets etc

http://www.deanwoods.com.au/store/prod126.htm

Haven't used it on the bikes, but it did a good job injecting grease into a couple of 'sealed' bearings on the wheel of an old builders wheel barrow to get it mobile again.

SteveA

SteveA wrote:
> byron27 Wrote:
> > These are at parkers in nedlands and are running out the door at

only
> > 170 bucks. I have a set of the ones without the rachet system and

after
> > 18 months of use i only have great things to say about them. save

the
> > money on the sidis, get a set of these and spend the rest on
> > "supplements" ;) !!
> >
> > http://www.exustar.com/sr221.htm

> Byron,
>
> I was looking at these from a shop in NZ at a very good price but I

was
> told they are a narrow shoe (I have wide feet) so I did not bother to
> buy. Might be worth a look if I can actually stick my feet into

'em.

> cheers,
> SteveA
>

> --
> SteveA

I bought some recently. less than 150 bucks delivered from NZ. I have
pretty wide feet and they're fine for me. I have only worn them a few
times so far (damn broken frame! hope to get bike back for weekend), so
I can't talk about durability, but they're very comfy and seem well
made (so far). I researched a little for size, but went with the same
size as my shimano shoes: all good. Can't say a bad thing about them so
far.

blah said:
I bought some recently. less than 150 bucks delivered from NZ. I have
pretty wide feet and they're fine for me. I have only worn them a few
times so far (damn broken frame! hope to get bike back for weekend), so
I can't talk about durability, but they're very comfy and seem well
made (so far). I researched a little for size, but went with the same
size as my shimano shoes: all good. Can't say a bad thing about them so
far.

they broke your frame? :D

white? eewwww. wot's all zis 'no bike' rhubarb?
youre off in some secret traiing camp, arent you??
Looking to break the 10min barrier up to Pideon rock???

F"suspicious"Dutch

Yeah, the extra power transfer from the carbon soles meant that the
immense power of my prodigious thighs has gone straight through to the
frame. Poor thing, didn't stand a chance.
The training camp has been so very secret - it's certainly been kept
secret from me. It's been in the vein of Jan Ullrich's camps. I have
put on about three kilos, all on my belly (no sh*t, I can feel it when
I r*n in the morning). I'm working at 9am this Sunday, so I won't be
out this BR either, whether I get the bike or not. Will hopefully ride
to and from work, though.

blah said:
Yeah, the extra power transfer from the carbon soles meant that the
immense power of my prodigious thighs has gone straight through to the
frame. Poor thing, didn't stand a chance.
The training camp has been so very secret - it's certainly been kept
secret from me. It's been in the vein of Jan Ullrich's camps. I have
put on about three kilos, all on my belly (no sh*t, I can feel it when
I r*n in the morning). I'm working at 9am this Sunday, so I won't be
out this BR either, whether I get the bike or not. Will hopefully ride
to and from work, though.

mental note to 'welcome' blah back on his next BR. bwahahahahahahah :D
(might even keep up to him :rolleyes: )