Bargain from Halfords

Richard Bates

Guest
Did all Halfords branches have a clearance on Saturday, or was it just my local one?

"No Reasonable Offer Refused", the sign stated.

So I picked up 2 Cool Tools, 2 Crank extractors (to go with the cool tools), 2 sets of cantilever
brake blocks, 2 Shimano 7 spd cassettes, 1 can of GT86, 1 tube of Finish Line grease, 1 bottle of
Finish Line cross country lube, and a swiss-army-knife style allen key set.

All for a tenner.

I had a big smile on my face.

Love and bargains from Rich x

--
Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
the @ sign

For sale:

2 Cool Tools, 2 Crank extractors (to go with the cool 2 sets of cantilever brake blocks, 2 Shimano 7

Richard Bates wrote:
> Did all Halfords branches have a clearance on Saturday, or was it just my local one?
>
> "No Reasonable Offer Refused", the sign stated.
>
> So I picked up 2 Cool Tools, 2 Crank extractors (to go with the cool tools), 2 sets of cantilever
> brake blocks, 2 Shimano 7 spd cassettes, 1 can of GT86, 1 tube of Finish Line grease, 1 bottle of
> Finish Line cross country lube, and a swiss-army-knife style allen key set.
>
> All for a tenner.
>
> I had a big smile on my face.
>
> Love and bargains from Rich x

My local has:

33% or 25% off bikes at Halfords and other offers
- on selected bikes

Also get a free cycle carrier (£69.99) when you spend £200 or more on 1+ bikes.

... and get £50 of free accessories when you spend £200 on bikes (can't be used in conjunction with
the cycle carrier offer)

(I think) 25% off 2001 model bikes - Carrera etc.

Richard Bates wrote:

> So I picked up 2 Cool Tools, 2 Crank extractors (to go with the cool tools), 2 sets of cantilever
> brake blocks, 2 Shimano 7 spd cassettes, 1 can of GT86, 1 tube of Finish Line grease, 1 bottle of
> Finish Line cross country lube, and a swiss-army-knife style allen key set.

Blimey-o-riley!!

For a tenner thats kinda outrageous. Was it a saturday only thing, and was it a bikehut or a
normal halfords?

--

-Alex

----------------------------------
[email protected]

http://alexpg.ath.cx:3353/cycling.php http://www.westerleycycling.org.uk
----------------------------------

Richard Bates wrote:
> For sale:
>
> 2 Cool Tools, 2 Crank extractors (to go with the cool 2 sets of cantilever brake blocks, 2 Shimano
> 7 spd cassettes, 1 can of GT86, 1 tube of Finish Line grease, 1 bottle of Finish Line cross
> country lube, and a swiss-army-knife style allen key set.

Capitalist!! :)

~PB

"Alex Graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Richard Bates wrote:
>
> > So I picked up 2 Cool Tools, 2 Crank extractors (to go with the cool tools), 2 sets of
> > cantilever brake blocks, 2 Shimano 7 spd cassettes, 1 can of GT86, 1 tube of Finish Line grease,
> > 1 bottle of Finish Line cross country lube, and a swiss-army-knife style allen key set.
>
> Blimey-o-riley!!
>
> For a tenner thats kinda outrageous. Was it a saturday only thing, and was it a bikehut or a
> normal halfords?
>
> --
>
> -Alex

All the offers should still be on tomorrow. I am a bikehut monkey god i hate sunday's :) We
just sold our last minoura wheel jigs today, then went down to a tenner in the week guess who
bought them.

Halfords is great for stuff that is discontinued.

Cheers Michael

Michael Kent wrote:

> Halfords is great for stuff that is discontinued.

On the subjects of discontinued and Halfords: Do they still do those multi-strand elastic luggage
straps? (Lighter and more flexible & versatile than ordinary bungies, although not as strong).

Also (very long shot this): any branches have any Bassano Comfort Gel saddles left? (Actually padded
with foam rather than gel).

~PB

> Michael Kent wrote:
>
> > Halfords is great for stuff that is discontinued.
>
> On the subjects of discontinued and Halfords: Do they still do those multi-strand elastic luggage
> straps? (Lighter and more flexible & versatile than ordinary bungies, although not as strong).
>
> Also (very long shot this): any branches have any Bassano Comfort Gel saddles left? (Actually
> padded with foam rather than gel).
>
> ~PB

Im not sure about the luggage straps I will check next weekend when im working again, pretty sure we
dont have the saddles, we keep selle royal, selle italia, lookin and pave saddles now.

Cheers Michael

Pete Biggs wrote:
> Michael Kent wrote:
>
>> Halfords is great for stuff that is discontinued.
>
> On the subjects of discontinued and Halfords: Do they still do those multi-strand elastic luggage
> straps? (Lighter and more flexible & versatile than ordinary bungies, although not as strong).

Pretty sure I saw these as I passed through last week. Check their website.

Richard Bates <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Did all Halfords branches have a clearance on Saturday, or was it just my local one?

No, they seem to have been having a sale for a couple of weeks now - or at least the York superstore
has. Suspect it's some sort of big clear-out prior to being re-branded (with the new orange/black
company ID replacing the old blue/white). My local branch has been offering Airborne frames with 200
quid off - seriously tempting....

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

"Michael Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Halfords is great for stuff that is discontinued.

Yep, I regularly call in and get bargains.
E.G. Camelback Rogue £20. This week 1.4 kg High5 £7.50 (£14.00 at LBS). Polaris shorts £17.99 (£35
list) and so on. The other week they had some Hope XC disc hubs £25 front, £45 rear but I had
to let them pass, no dosh :-(

Pete

Tenex wrote:

>> On the subjects of discontinued and Halfords: Do they still do those multi-strand elastic luggage
>> straps? (Lighter and more flexible & versatile than ordinary bungies, although not as strong).
>
> Pretty sure I saw these as I passed through last week. Check their website.

Thanks. Halfords don't list all their products on the website, unfortunately.

~PB

Is it a left handed or right handed spanner Huw ?

"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Sun, 25 May 2003 21:14:11 +0100, Richard Bates did issue forth:
>
> > Did all Halfords branches have a clearance on Saturday, or was it just
my
> > local one?
>
> Popped into Halfords in Swansea today (looking for a bit of car, I'm ashamed to say) and walked
> out with a £14 Park pedal spanner for £7.
>
> Huw "Anybody want a pedal taken off?" Pritchard

"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> For sale:
>
> 2 Cool Tools, 2 Crank extractors (to go with the cool 2 sets of cantilever brake blocks, 2 Shimano
> 7 spd cassettes, 1 can of GT86, 1 tube of Finish Line grease, 1 bottle of Finish Line cross
> country lube, and a swiss-army-knife style allen key set.
>
> --
> Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
> the @ sign

.......er...a tenner ?? Dave ;-) hey, plus p&P....

> Thanks. Halfords don't list all their products on the website, unfortunately.
>
> ~PB

Well there you go:could it be to get you to go there a la decathlon? or ikea or avery builders
merchant i could mention. A tenner, I just spent £2 short of that on a Swiss allen key thingy,and £1
more than I could have got the same thing the previous day with Raleigh rather than Scott on (the
price of having the right lables!)

Richard Bates wrote:
> Did all Halfords branches have a clearance on Saturday, or was it just my local one?
>
> "No Reasonable Offer Refused", the sign stated.
>
> So I picked up 2 Cool Tools, 2 Crank extractors (to go with the cool tools), 2 sets of cantilever
> brake blocks, 2 Shimano 7 spd cassettes, 1 can of GT86, 1 tube of Finish Line grease, 1 bottle of
> Finish Line cross country lube, and a swiss-army-knife style allen key set.
>
> All for a tenner.
>
> I had a big smile on my face.

<smug mode> Well, I got a Kalloy seat post for 74p! </smug mode>

Jim Price