Barley Mushroom Soup

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Burgeds, Mar 8, 2004.

  1. Burgeds

    Burgeds Guest

    >Subject: Home-Style Mushroom Barley Soup Anyone out there
    >got any recipes for someone who is dying to make her
    Home-Style Mushroom Barley Soup?

    This is one of the best recipes I have ever fixed. The
    secret is cooking things in stages and then assembling it
    all together just before serving.

    Barley Mushroom Soup

    Serves: 4-6

    Ingredients: 2 quarts Beef Stock 2 each Carrots, diced 1
    each Celery Stalk, diced 2 medium Potatoes, diced 6 oz.
    Pearl Barley 2 cups Sliced Mushrooms 4 tsp. Butter to taste
    Salt & Pepper optional Sour Cream

    Wash barley; place in a saucepan and cover with 1-cup
    stock. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until
    tender. Gradually add butter to barley; stir until
    melted. In remaining stock, simmer vegetables and sliced
    mushroom. Blend vegetables and barley together in one
    pot; adjust seasoning as needed. Serve with a dollop of
    sour cream on top.

    --
    Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at [email protected]
    Archives: http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/ http://recipes.alastra.com/