Barley (was mashed pots)

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Felice Friese, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. We like barley just simmered until done, and then served with chopped scallions and lots of butter.

    Felice

    Tags:

  2. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    Felice Friese wrote:
    > We like barley just simmered until done, and then served with chopped scallions and lots
    > of butter.
    >
    > Felice

    I cook barley, much like rice; same ratio chicken stock or broth to pearl barley, with freshly
    minced parsley and a little celery salt & pepper. Makes a nice side dish for just about anything.

    Jill

  3. In article <[email protected]_s52>, "Felice Friese"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > We like barley just simmered until done, and then served with chopped scallions and lots
    > of butter.
    >
    > Felice

    Hey, Felice! I ooked some barley this morning for vegetable soup and ate some of it the way you
    suggested above. Mighty good! Thanks. My scallions were too hot, though! I'd tried it one other time
    -- can't remember what I did or didn't do to/with it -- and scrapped the idea. This was great. Can't
    wait to do it again. Note to self: Add barley to grocery list.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!