Barney Nohelmet

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jd, Apr 11, 2003.

  1. Jd

    Jd Guest

    He was spied today on a trail in Loma. He had no lid, no brains, and a Sandvik bike with lameo clown
    graphics. The most entertaining part was that he was on one of the most technical trails in the area
    and was riding in a very sketchy manner. I really thought we were going to have to scrape about 10cc
    of his brains off of a rock (all of them). He said (in a British accent) that he was from Boulder.
    Apparently the doof migration is in full swing from the Far Side.

    JD

    Tags:

  2. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    > He was spied today on a trail in Loma. He had no lid, no brains, and a Sandvik bike with lameo
    > clown graphics. The most entertaining part was that he was on one of the most technical trails in
    > the area and was riding in a very sketchy manner. I really thought we were going to have to scrape
    > about 10cc of his brains off of a rock (all of them). He said (in a British accent) that he was
    > from Boulder. Apparently the doof migration is in full swing from the Far Side.
    >
    > JD

    "You know what this means, Norm... no size restrictions and *screw* the limit."

    More lidless babboons on the lower trails here, too. They deserve a friendly, "howdy... Now get a
    helmet!" All it takes is one of those doofi to biff it bad for the trail nazis to come in and
    sanitize some more, or close it to bikes altogether.

    Paladin

  3. David Kunz

    David Kunz Guest

    Paladin wrote:
    > [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>He was spied today on a trail in Loma. He had no lid, no brains, and a Sandvik bike with lameo
    >>clown graphics. The most entertaining part was that he was on one of the most technical trails in
    >>the area and was riding in a very sketchy manner. I really thought we were going to have to scrape
    >>about 10cc of his brains off of a rock (all of them). He said (in a British accent) that he was
    >>from Boulder. Apparently the doof migration is in full swing from the Far Side.
    >>
    >>JD
    >

    > "You know what this means, Norm... no size restrictions and *screw* the limit."
    >
    > More lidless babboons on the lower trails here, too. They deserve a friendly, "howdy... Now get a
    > helmet!" All it takes is one of those doofi to biff it bad for the trail nazis to come in and
    > sanitize some more, or close it to bikes altogether.
    >
    > Paladin

    That is my fear -- serious injuries and the risk of law suits and closed go the trails <sigh>.

    David

  4. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On 11 Apr 2003 20:56:14 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    >He was spied today on a trail in Loma. He had no lid, no brains,

    say's the preacher...

    and
    >a Sandvik bike with lameo clown graphics. The most entertaining part was that he was on one of the
    >most technical trails in the area and was riding in a very sketchy manner. I really thought we were
    >going to have to scrape about 10cc of his brains off of a rock (all of them).

    Well, did you have too? If not what the hell are you bitchin about?

    He said (in a British accent) that he was from Boulder.
    >Apparently the doof migration is in full swing from the Far Side.

    Did you say something to him, or just waited till you got to your internet connection and complain
    to us? You have no cojones' do you?

    Dave (you're preacing to the choir here!)

  5. On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:56:14 +0000, JD did issue forth:

    > He was spied today on a trail in Loma. He had no lid, no brains, and a Sandvik bike with lameo
    > clown graphics. The most entertaining part was that he was on one of the most technical trails in
    > the area and was riding in a very sketchy manner. I really thought we were going to have to scrape
    > about 10cc of his brains off of a rock (all of them). He said (in a British accent) that he was
    > from Boulder. Apparently the doof migration is in full swing from the Far Side.

    It's part of a cost saving measure by the NHS. We're shipping our helmetless brain donors to the
    states to save burden on the UK taxpayer when they spill their internal organs all over the
    nearest big rock.

  6. "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:56:14 +0000, JD did issue forth:
    >
    > > He was spied today on a trail in Loma. He had no lid, no brains, and a Sandvik bike with lameo
    > > clown graphics. The most entertaining part was that he was on one of the most technical trails
    > > in the area and was
    riding
    > > in a very sketchy manner. I really thought we were going to have to scrape about 10cc of his
    > > brains off of a rock (all of them). He said
    (in
    > > a British accent) that he was from Boulder. Apparently the doof
    migration
    > > is in full swing from the Far Side.
    >
    > It's part of a cost saving measure by the NHS. We're shipping our helmetless brain donors to the
    > states to save burden on the UK taxpayer when they spill their internal organs all over the
    > nearest big rock.

    Yes and very successful too. How many years ago was it now that Shaun had this done?

    Steve E.

    > --
    > Huw Pritchard Replace bounce with huw to reply by mail

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:56:14 +0000, JD did issue forth:
    > >
    > > > He was spied today on a trail in Loma. He had no lid, no brains, and
    > > > Sandvik bike with lameo clown graphics. The most entertaining part
    was
    > > > that he was on one of the most technical trails in the area and was
    > riding
    > > > in a very sketchy manner. I really thought we were going to have to scrape about 10cc of his
    > > > brains off of a rock (all of them). He said
    > (in
    > > > a British accent) that he was from Boulder. Apparently the doof
    > migration
    > > > is in full swing from the Far Side.
    > >
    > > It's part of a cost saving measure by the NHS. We're shipping our helmetless brain donors to the
    > > states to save burden on the UK taxpayer when they spill their internal organs all over the
    > > nearest big rock.
    >
    > Yes and very successful too. How many years ago was it now that Shaun had this done?
    >
    > Steve E.

    Why! - I got more brains on my little finger nail than you, errrmmm..............

    Shaun aRe - Just picked my nose.........

  8. Paul Beakley

    Paul Beakley Guest

    On 11 Apr 2003 20:56:14 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    >He was spied today on a trail in Loma. He had no lid, no brains, and a Sandvik bike with lameo
    >clown graphics. The most entertaining part was that he was on one of the most technical trails in
    >the area and was riding in a very sketchy manner. I really thought we were going to have to scrape
    >about 10cc of his brains off of a rock (all of them). He said (in a British accent) that he was
    >from Boulder. Apparently the doof migration is in full swing from the Far Side.
    >
    >JD

    We're getting those here, too. Just came back from an AFD ride up in Sedona, where I saw no fewer
    than 10 riders without helmets. At least none of them were hucking, but ALL of them were sketched
    out on the easy stuff.

    After the first couple attempts at "Hey, you forgot your helmet!" only

    leaving them to bash their brains out.

    p.

    Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores,
    and online
    (480) 756-2460 | (602) 370-7107 cell http://www.mountainbikearizona.com

  9. John G

    John G Guest

    Paul Beakley wrote:

    > After the first couple attempts at "Hey, you forgot your helmet!" only

    > leaving them to bash their brains out.

    And leave it up to us Bike Patrol folks to clean up the mess and slog thier sorry, busted, and
    bruised @sses 3+ miles out on a litter, yeah THANKS a lot!

  10. "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Shaun R says:
    > >
    > > >Why! - I got more brains on my little finger nail than you, errrmmm..............
    > > >
    > > >Shaun aRe - Just picked my nose.........
    > >
    > > Gotta love those Romans - what a sensahuma ;-)
    > >
    > > Steve
    >
    > A sense of humour that wasnot ',;~}~
    >
    > Shaun aRe....

    Oh yeah, well smarty pants, answer me this:-

    In front of you are 10 bags, filled with marbles. The number of marbles in each bag differs, but all
    bags contain ten marbles or more. Nine of the ten bags only contain marbles of 10 grams each. One
    bag only contains marbles of 9 grams. In addition, you have a balance which can weigh in grams
    accurate, and you are allowed to use it only once (i.e. weigh a single time).

    The Question: How can you find out in one weighing, which bag contains the marbles of 9 grams?

    Steve E.

  11. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Paul Beakley wrote:
    >

    > > After the first couple attempts at "Hey, you forgot your helmet!" only

    > > leaving them to bash their brains out.
    >
    > And leave it up to us Bike Patrol folks to clean up the mess and slog thier sorry, busted, and
    > bruised @sses 3+ miles out on a litter, yeah THANKS a lot!

    I just usually wait until they are close enough to hear me just say "Helmet." as we pass. I figure
    if they don't understand what I mean then they deserver to be selected against.

    Matt

  12. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (Paul Beakley) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 11 Apr 2003 20:56:14 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >
    > >He was spied today on a trail in Loma. He had no lid, no brains, and a Sandvik bike with lameo
    > >clown graphics. The most entertaining part was that he was on one of the most technical trails in
    > >the area and was riding in a very sketchy manner. I really thought we were going to have to
    > >scrape about 10cc of his brains off of a rock (all of them). He said (in a British accent) that
    > >he was from Boulder. Apparently the doof migration is in full swing from the Far Side.
    > >
    > >JD
    >
    > We're getting those here, too. Just came back from an AFD ride up in Sedona, where I saw no fewer
    > than 10 riders without helmets. At least none of them were hucking, but ALL of them were sketched
    > out on the easy stuff.

    They are sooo extreeeem, aren't they?

    > After the first couple attempts at "Hey, you forgot your helmet!" only

    > leaving them to bash their brains out.

    Don't you mean "lack of brains"? I told this "boulderite" that a helmet is a good idea on the trails
    around here. He just shrugged like some kind of daft bobblehead on the dash of a lowrider on
    Whittier Blvd.

    BTW, congrats on the success of you AZSF.

    JD

  13. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    spademan o---[) * wrote:

    > Oh yeah, well smarty pants, answer me this:-
    >
    > In front of you are 10 bags, filled with marbles. The number of marbles in each bag differs, but
    > all bags contain ten marbles or more. Nine of the ten bags only contain marbles of 10 grams each.
    > One bag only contains marbles of 9 grams. In addition, you have a balance which can weigh in grams
    > accurate, and you are allowed to use it only once (i.e. weigh a single time).
    >
    > The Question: How can you find out in one weighing, which bag contains the marbles of 9 grams?

    Ooh, ooh, me sir! Sir, sir! Pick me!

  14. John G

    John G Guest

    bomba wrote:
    >> The Question: How can you find out in one weighing, which bag contains the marbles of 9 grams?
    > Ooh, ooh, me sir! Sir, sir! Pick me!

    Pocket-protector wearing, slip-stick carrying, M.E.'s need not apply.

  15. Trekkie Dad

    Trekkie Dad Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

    > spademan o---[) * wrote:
    >
    > > Oh yeah, well smarty pants, answer me this:-
    > >
    > > In front of you are 10 bags, filled with marbles. The number of marbles in each bag differs, but
    > > all bags contain ten marbles or more. Nine of the ten bags only contain marbles of 10 grams
    > > each. One bag only contains marbles of 9 grams. In addition, you have a balance which can weigh
    > > in grams accurate, and you are allowed to use it only once (i.e. weigh a single time).
    > >
    > > The Question: How can you find out in one weighing, which bag contains the marbles of 9 grams?
    >
    > Ooh, ooh, me sir! Sir, sir! Pick me!

    That's easy.

    TD (trying to come up with a hint that doesn't totally give the answer away)

    --
    [email protected] World Without Cars Dictionary of Vandemisms (2001) is available at:
    http://trekkiedad.freeservers.com/wwc.html ICQ# available on request

  16. The Ogre

    The Ogre Guest

    > He was spied today on a trail in Loma. He had no lid, no brains, and a Sandvik bike with lameo
    > clown graphics. The most entertaining part was that he was on one of the most technical trails in
    > the area and was riding in a very sketchy manner. I really thought we were going to have to scrape
    > about 10cc of his brains off of a rock (all of them). He said (in a British accent) that he was
    > from Boulder. Apparently the doof migration is in full swing from the Far Side.
    >
    > JD

    I think I saw his (stoned) yank friend going the wrong way on Clementine Loop in Auburn. When we
    approached him he nearly fell off his Yeti and over the edge of the cliff...

    -- The Ogre http://ogrehut.com

  17. The Ogre

    The Ogre Guest

    "spademan o---[\) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Shaun R says:

    > > > Gotta love those Romans - what a sensahuma ;-)
    > > >
    > > > Steve
    > >
    > > A sense of humour that wasnot ',;~}~
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe....
    > >

    > Oh yeah, well smarty pants, answer me this:-
    >
    > In front of you are 10 bags, filled with marbles. The number of marbles in each bag differs, but
    > all bags contain ten marbles or more. Nine of the ten bags only contain marbles of 10 grams each.
    > One bag only contains marbles of 9 grams. In addition, you have a balance which can weigh in grams
    > accurate, and you are allowed to use it only once (i.e. weigh a single time).
    >
    > The Question: How can you find out in one weighing, which bag contains the marbles of 9 grams?
    >
    > Steve E.

    1 weighing and 1 Google turns up...

    http://www.cut-the-knot.org/htdocs/dcforum/DCForumID6/332.shtml

    You don't need to think anymore you can just Google.

    -- The Ogre http://ogrehut.com

  18. [email protected] (JD) wrote

    > He said (in a British accent) that he was from Boulder. Apparently the doof migration is in full
    > swing from the Far Side.

    Heh. Having lived in Boulder for a good while, I can say he was one of the smarter ones...

    Let evolution take its course, dude. (I know, I know. Brains are bad for the crypto.)

    CC

  19. "The Ogre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "spademan o---[\) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > A sense of humour that wasnot ',;~}~
    > > >
    > > > Shaun aRe....
    > > >

    > > Oh yeah, well smarty pants, answer me this:-
    > >
    > > In front of you are 10 bags, filled with marbles. The number of marbles
    in
    > > each bag differs, but all bags contain ten marbles or more. Nine of the
    ten
    > > bags only contain marbles of 10 grams each. One bag only contains
    marbles of
    > > 9 grams. In addition, you have a balance which can weigh in grams
    accurate,
    > > and you are allowed to use it only once (i.e. weigh a single time).
    > >
    > > The Question: How can you find out in one weighing, which bag contains
    the
    > > marbles of 9 grams?
    > >
    > > Steve E.
    >

    > 1 weighing and 1 Google turns up...
    >
    > http://www.cut-the-knot.org/htdocs/dcforum/DCForumID6/332.shtml
    >
    > You don't need to think anymore you can just Google.
    >
    > -- The Ogre http://ogrehut.com

    Right straight to bed for you with no supper.. (b*stard know-it-all computers)

  20. "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > spademan o---[) * wrote:
    >
    > > Oh yeah, well smarty pants, answer me this:-
    > >
    > > In front of you are 10 bags, filled with marbles. The number of marbles
    in
    > > each bag differs, but all bags contain ten marbles or more. Nine of the
    ten
    > > bags only contain marbles of 10 grams each. One bag only contains
    marbles of
    > > 9 grams. In addition, you have a balance which can weigh in grams
    accurate,
    > > and you are allowed to use it only once (i.e. weigh a single time).
    > >
    > > The Question: How can you find out in one weighing, which bag contains
    the
    > > marbles of 9 grams?
    >
    > Ooh, ooh, me sir! Sir, sir! Pick me!

    If you didn't use google, then go on lets hear it..