Baron

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Al Kubeluis, Feb 12, 2003.

  1. Al Kubeluis

    Al Kubeluis Guest

    Good Day Bikers, Is Optima Baron the most-used-on-roads low racer in Europe and Americas?
    --
    ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~

    Tags:

  2. A member of the Gainesville Cycling Club rides a Festina and the guy who works for Ed Deaton at
    FoolsCrow last year rode a Jester. Both are speed demons and can pull a paceline of roadies for
    miles in brevets.

    --
    Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Al Kubeluis asked:
    >
    > > Is Optima Baron the most-used-on-roads low racer in Europe and Americas?
    >
    > I don't know for certain, but I would imagine so, unless the Challenge Hurricane is counted as a
    > low racer. We had five Barons racing regularly
    in
    > the UK last year, whereas I know of only two Jesters in the whole country (though this does not
    > mean that there are not more in hiding).
    >
    > Dave Larrington - http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/
    > http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  3. Al Kubeluis asked:

    > Is Optima Baron the most-used-on-roads low racer in Europe and Americas?

    I don't know for certain, but I would imagine so, unless the Challenge Hurricane is counted as a low
    racer. We had five Barons racing regularly in the UK last year, whereas I know of only two Jesters
    in the whole country (though this does not mean that there are not more in hiding).

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  4. Probably the M5 ridden by Bram Moens. He's been all over on it. Dan Kluckhuhn

    "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Good Day Bikers, Is Optima Baron the most-used-on-roads low racer in Europe and
    Americas?
    > --
    > ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~

  5. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Al Kubeluis wrote:

    > Good Day Bikers, Is Optima Baron the most-used-on-roads low racer in Europe and Americas?
    > --
    > ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~

    Al,

    There are at least four people in Illinois who ride an Optima Baron on a regular basis, although I
    believe that one has ordered a custom lowracer from Velogenesis [1] as a replacement.

    [1] < http://www.velogenesis.com/ >

    Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) Various HPV's

  6. Paul Worden

    Paul Worden Guest

    Thanks for that web site Tom.

    It worries me that the web page was last updated April last year.

    I'm hankering after a lowracer; either custom built or if that doesn't happen, I think the Baron.
    ...or I could get a Carbon M5 and a divorce?

    Paul W

  7. Mark Stonich

    Mark Stonich Guest

    "Paul Worden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Thanks for that web site Tom.
    >
    > It worries me that the web page was last updated April last year.

    I just checked Ray's site at http://www.velogenesis.com and it says it was updated Jan 15 2003.
    Anyway, he's no webhead, and has been spending all his time building bikes, a house, and a drool
    inducing workshop. Now that the house and shop are done he should be able to get bikes out fairly
    quickly. Like many who learned their metal working skills in a professional context, other than
    framebuilding, Ray can do beautiful work, very efficiently.