Baron

Al Kubeluis

Guest
Good Day Bikers, Is Optima Baron the most-used-on-roads low racer in Europe and Americas?
--
~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~

A member of the Gainesville Cycling Club rides a Festina and the guy who works for Ed Deaton at
FoolsCrow last year rode a Jester. Both are speed demons and can pull a paceline of roadies for
miles in brevets.

--
Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Al Kubeluis asked:
>
> > Is Optima Baron the most-used-on-roads low racer in Europe and Americas?
>
> I don't know for certain, but I would imagine so, unless the Challenge Hurricane is counted as a
> low racer. We had five Barons racing regularly
in
> the UK last year, whereas I know of only two Jesters in the whole country (though this does not
> mean that there are not more in hiding).
>
> Dave Larrington - http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/
> http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Al Kubeluis asked:

> Is Optima Baron the most-used-on-roads low racer in Europe and Americas?

I don't know for certain, but I would imagine so, unless the Challenge Hurricane is counted as a low
racer. We had five Barons racing regularly in the UK last year, whereas I know of only two Jesters
in the whole country (though this does not mean that there are not more in hiding).

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Probably the M5 ridden by Bram Moens. He's been all over on it. Dan Kluckhuhn

news:[email protected]...

Al Kubeluis wrote:

> Good Day Bikers, Is Optima Baron the most-used-on-roads low racer in Europe and Americas?
> --
> ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~

Al,

There are at least four people in Illinois who ride an Optima Baron on a regular basis, although I
believe that one has ordered a custom lowracer from Velogenesis [1] as a replacement.

[1] < http://www.velogenesis.com/ >

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) Various HPV's

Thanks for that web site Tom.

It worries me that the web page was last updated April last year.

I'm hankering after a lowracer; either custom built or if that doesn't happen, I think the Baron.
...or I could get a Carbon M5 and a divorce?

Paul W

"Paul Worden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Thanks for that web site Tom.
>
> It worries me that the web page was last updated April last year.

I just checked Ray's site at http://www.velogenesis.com and it says it was updated Jan 15 2003.
Anyway, he's no webhead, and has been spending all his time building bikes, a house, and a drool
inducing workshop. Now that the house and shop are done he should be able to get bikes out fairly
quickly. Like many who learned their metal working skills in a professional context, other than
framebuilding, Ray can do beautiful work, very efficiently.