Barry

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Chris Version 2, Oct 12, 2003.

  1. Did today's ride do anything to help Michael barry's career

    Ie goes onto short list for tdf team?

    or will it be just a one time item that wont effect his career.

    Tags:

  2. Scottv

    Scottv Guest

    "Chris version 2" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Did today's ride do anything to help Michael barry's career
    >
    > Ie goes onto short list for tdf team?
    >
    > or will it be just a one time item that wont effect his career.

    Well it certainly isn't going to hurt it. :D

    All I can say is as a Canadain I'm so proud of what he did today. To come in 7th in the group that
    he was in was equal to winning in my book.

    Way to go Michael!

  3. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    "ScottV" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Chris version 2" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Did today's ride do anything to help Michael barry's career
    > >
    > > Ie goes onto short list for tdf team?
    > >
    > > or will it be just a one time item that wont effect his career.
    >
    > Well it certainly isn't going to hurt it. :D
    >
    > All I can say is as a Canadain I'm so proud of what he did today. To come in 7th in the group that
    > he was in was equal to winning in my
    book.

    > Way to go Michael!

    I am sure you'd be happier with a win, but it is nice to hear an actual fan instead of a
    spoilt child.

    Good for you. That is how you enjoy the sport. Appreciate the results for what they are instead of
    bitching about what they are not.

  4. "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "ScottV" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> "Chris version 2" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> > Did today's ride do anything to help Michael barry's career
    >> >
    >> > Ie goes onto short list for tdf team?
    >> >
    >> > or will it be just a one time item that wont effect his career.
    >>
    >> Well it certainly isn't going to hurt it. :D
    >>
    >> All I can say is as a Canadain I'm so proud of what he did today. To come in 7th in the group
    >> that he was in was equal to winning in my
    > book.
    >>
    >> Way to go Michael!
    >
    > I am sure you'd be happier with a win, but it is nice to hear an actual fan instead of a
    > spoilt child.
    >
    > Good for you. That is how you enjoy the sport. Appreciate the results for what they are instead of
    > bitching about what they are not.

    Not only was it a good result but it was a result from a team with only 4 riders. So that makes this
    a double good result Top 8 in the world with a small support team.

    I'm also a Canuck BTW.

  5. I believe as others have said, it certainly can't hurt! I think Canada did an amazing job in showing
    the world what we're made of this week. Both in the racing, and the fact that the event seems to
    have gone so smoothly.

    Steve

    Chris version 2 wrote:
    > Did today's ride do anything to help Michael barry's career
    >
    > Ie goes onto short list for tdf team?
    >
    > or will it be just a one time item that wont effect his career.

  6. S. Anderson

    S. Anderson Guest

    "ScottV" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Well it certainly isn't going to hurt it. :D
    >
    > All I can say is as a Canadain I'm so proud of what he did today. To come in 7th in the group that
    > he was in was equal to winning in my
    book.

    > Way to go Michael!

    Michael was racing Cadet when I was racing Junior, years ago. He used to win everything in Toronto
    as a Cadet. He was very far ahead of most riders his age. I used to wonder about racing pro myself
    (this is years ago!) and what it would take. I saw Michael just cleaning up and I knew I'd never
    have what it takes. I always wondered how far he'd go..apparently he's doing alright for himself.
    Good on him and it's nice to see a Toronto boy make good in something other than hockey! (Not that
    hockey is all bad!!)

    Cheers,

    Scott..