BART THE EURO CROSS CORRESPONDANT reports on two latest races

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Andrew Albright, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. http://www.monkeyhillcs.com/mac/BART.html

    BART THE EURO CROSS CORRESPONDANT reports on two latest races

    Latest reports: 2nd world cup-KALMTHOUT, Much of the cross talk last week was about leader jersey
    holder Bart Wellens and the flueish symptoms which kept him in bed. On Friday he decided to race
    today after all......... http://www.monkeyhillcs.com/mac/BART.html

    and Aces Cross Loenhout The person catching most attention in crossland in the last week is Erwin
    Vervecken. He has been underperforming throughout the season in a way that made everyone think
    there's a medical reason to it. A few days ago Vervecken declared the doctors attribute his problems
    to...... http://www.monkeyhillcs.com/mac/BART.html

    Tags:

  2. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "Andrew Albright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > http://www.monkeyhillcs.com/mac/BART.html
    >
    > BART THE EURO CROSS CORRESPONDANT reports on two latest races
    >
    > Latest reports: 2nd world cup-KALMTHOUT, Much of the cross talk last week was about leader jersey
    > holder Bart Wellens and the flueish symptoms which kept him in bed. On Friday he decided to race
    > today after all......... http://www.monkeyhillcs.com/mac/BART.html
    >
    > and Aces Cross Loenhout The person catching most attention in crossland in the last week is Erwin
    > Vervecken. He has been underperforming throughout the season in a way that made everyone think
    > there's a medical reason to it. A few days ago Vervecken declared the doctors attribute his
    > problems to...... http://www.monkeyhillcs.com/mac/BART.html

    Excellent. Does anyone know of race plans prior to Worlds for the US Team? Has Page gone back to
    Europe to continue racing up until World's?

    Danny Callen

  3. Wade Summers

    Wade Summers Guest

    Page has been back in Europe for a few days now. He was a DNF for his first race back, but was 21st
    at the SP race today.

    The Euro site http://www.cyclocrossonline.be/html/index.htm had a whole story about Jonathan a few
    days back.

    Wade

    >Excellent. Does anyone know of race plans prior to Worlds for the US Team? Has Page gone back to
    >Europe to continue racing up until World's?
    >
    >Danny Callen

  4. Bart

    Bart Guest

    Danny you didnt read the reports or what

    Thanks nevertheless BART

  5. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Danny you didnt read the reports or what
    >
    > Thanks nevertheless BART

    Well I "thought" I did... I musta missed some stuff. Guess I'm getting older than I thought! Thanks
    for the reports..!

    Danny Callen

  6. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Danny you didnt read the reports or what
    > >
    > > Thanks nevertheless BART
    > >

    > Well I "thought" I did... I musta missed some stuff. Guess I'm getting older than I thought!
    > Thanks for the reports..!
    >
    > Danny Callen

    JP is back in Europe. He felt pretty poorly the first few races, after a break over x-mas. He said
    he started to feel good legs again in the second half of the SP race Sunday.

    Today (Monday) he raced and was in 4-5th the whole day!! Until the tail end of the race, where he
    hit a try and sliced his knee open. He withdrew, and is really mad at himself, as he was having a
    good race with the several of the big boys present.

    Website is back up after two days of technical difficulty. We have weekly or better updates on JP.
    www.thejonathanpage.com

  7. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "jerry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Danny you didnt read the reports or what
    > > >
    > > > Thanks nevertheless BART
    > > >

    > > Well I "thought" I did... I musta missed some stuff. Guess I'm getting
    older
    > > than I thought! Thanks for the reports..!
    > >
    > > Danny Callen
    >
    > JP is back in Europe. He felt pretty poorly the first few races, after a break over x-mas. He said
    > he started to feel good legs again in the second half of the SP race Sunday.
    >
    > Today (Monday) he raced and was in 4-5th the whole day!! Until the tail end of the race, where he
    > hit a try and sliced his knee open. He withdrew, and is really mad at himself, as he was having a
    > good race with the several of the big boys present.
    >
    > Website is back up after two days of technical difficulty. We have weekly or better updates on JP.
    > www.thejonathanpage.com

    Glad to know he's riding well...btw, he hit a "what"? Hope he's ok..

    Danny Callen

  8. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    > Glad to know he's riding well...btw, he hit a "what"? Hope he's ok..
    >
    > Danny Callen

    wow, blew that one....a tree.

    he road this morning and the cut isn't so bad, but he has a golf ball sized lump which sounds pretty
    unpleasant.