Bartoli to CSC

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Nick Burns, Oct 12, 2003.

  1. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    I read this in an article buried somewhere here in RBR, and also in a Procycling newsletter.

    What does this move mean? This seems to me to be an odd pair. Bartoli does not appear to be the kind
    of bloke that likes to follow orders. How is that going to go over on a team like CSC where they do
    commando style team building each winter for their first training camp?

    Riis must have been feeling desparate to sign a big hitter to get an erratic prima donna like
    Bartoli. Hey, I used to be a fan but the guy is a bit of a flake.

    Tags:

  2. Peter Allen

    Peter Allen Guest

    "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I read this in an article buried somewhere here in RBR, and also in a Procycling newsletter.
    >
    > What does this move mean? This seems to me to be an odd pair. Bartoli does not appear to be the
    > kind of bloke that likes to follow orders. How is
    that
    > going to go over on a team like CSC where they do commando style team building each winter for
    > their first training camp?
    >
    > Riis must have been feeling desparate to sign a big hitter to get an
    erratic
    > prima donna like Bartoli. Hey, I used to be a fan but the guy is a bit of
    > flake.

    Since he's not likely to follow orders, he's presumably being signed as team leader whenever he
    races, which probably means one-day races.

    CSC looking to do something in the classics next year, then, is my take.

    Peter

  3. On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:00:57 -0700, "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Riis must have been feeling desparate to sign a big hitter to get an erratic prima donna like
    >Bartoli. Hey, I used to be a fan but the guy is a bit of a flake.

    Riis and Bartoli is part of the Luca gang that uses Checini as a coach. The Luca gang also inclueds
    Rolf Sørensen, Scinto, Ballerini, Scandri, Casagrande and other star riders, so they know each other
    very well. I think that Rolf Sørensen had some role in that deal.

    I agreed with you that Bartoli seems to be a primadonna but he is a very good primadonna.

    regards Anders

  4. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Peter Allen wrote:

    > Since he's not likely to follow orders, he's presumably being signed as team leader whenever he
    > races, which probably means one-day races.
    >
    > CSC looking to do something in the classics next year, then, is my take.
    >
    > Peter

    Yeah, but I am sure a DS like Riis would have preferred both.

  5. On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 03:52:52 GMT, [email protected] (Davide Tosi) wrote:

    >>that uses Checini
    >
    >Never heard of this guy. Another spelling mistake?
    Yes and your lack of knowledge about who is coach/sportsdoctor for the big stars. You have heard of
    Conconi and Michele Ferrari right?

    The correct name is Dr. Luigi Cecchini, sorry

    Thanks for correcting my spelling errors, is it ok is I send all my future posting to you first so
    that you can correct any spelling errors?

    You seem to know everything about spelling :)

    regards Anders