Basic question

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Willow, Nov 23, 2005.

  1. Willow

    Willow Guest

    I'm looking for a good multiple vitamin to take. I don't have a medical
    issue, I mostly eat healthy, and am trying to get back into working out
    regularly.

    I just need a "boost" to help me along and make sure I have what I need.

    Any suggestions?

    --
    Will~

    "... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

    Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

    Tags:

  2. Jim Chinnis

    Jim Chinnis Guest

    "Willow" <[email protected]> wrote in part:

    >I'm looking for a good multiple vitamin to take. I don't have a medical
    >issue, I mostly eat healthy, and am trying to get back into working out
    >regularly.
    >
    >I just need a "boost" to help me along and make sure I have what I need.
    >
    >Any suggestions?

    How old are you? Which sex?
    --
    Jim Chinnis Warrenton, Virginia, USA [email protected]

  3. Willow

    Willow Guest

    Female, 31, healthy weight, Generally healthy (that I know of) no kids, not
    planning on any..

    Active.. what else? my shoes are size 7 1/2... *grin*

    --
    Will~

    "... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

    Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

    "Jim Chinnis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Willow" <[email protected]> wrote in part:
    >
    > >I'm looking for a good multiple vitamin to take. I don't have a medical
    > >issue, I mostly eat healthy, and am trying to get back into working out
    > >regularly.
    > >
    > >I just need a "boost" to help me along and make sure I have what I need.
    > >
    > >Any suggestions?

    > How old are you? Which sex?
    > --
    > Jim Chinnis Warrenton, Virginia, USA [email protected]

  4. Jim Chinnis

    Jim Chinnis Guest

    Just about any multi-vitamin-mineral tablet that sticks close to the lower
    ranges of supplementation should be fine. A tablet marketed for "Women"
    would be your best bet, as it would include a little iron. Any major brand
    should do.

    Depending on your diet, one thing you might need more of are long-chain
    omega-3 fatty acids. These are generally lacking in most diets, and vitamins
    won't help. Consuming fatty fish or taking fish oil capsules will help with
    that.
    --
    Jim Chinnis Warrenton, Virginia, USA [email protected]

  5. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Willow" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'm looking for a good multiple vitamin to take. I don't have a medical
    > issue, I mostly eat healthy, and am trying to get back into working out
    > regularly.
    >
    > I just need a "boost" to help me along and make sure I have what I need.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Twinlabs packs.

    There is no "single" pill that will provide well. :)

    Cheers!
    --
    Om.

  6. Jim Chinnis

    Jim Chinnis Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote in part:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Willow" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm looking for a good multiple vitamin to take. I don't have a medical
    >> issue, I mostly eat healthy, and am trying to get back into working out
    >> regularly.
    >>
    >> I just need a "boost" to help me along and make sure I have what I need.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?

    >Twinlabs packs.
    >
    >There is no "single" pill that will provide well. :)
    >
    >Cheers!

    Citations, please!

    Most foods contain multiple vitamins and minerals.
    --

  7. Willow wrote:

    > I just need a "boost" to help me along and make sure I have what I need.

    Vitamins offer no such thing as an energy "boost."

    The single pill multi-vitamin should be avoided. They are most likely
    to cause stomach problems as well as passing out of your body
    undigested.

    What you want is one of those tiny cellophane multiple pill packages.
    They are expensive. And, basically are a convenience item for those
    who find convenience more important than saving money.

    Just thought that you might want to know.

  8. Willow

    Willow Guest

    I meant a "vitamin boost" not an energy boost..

    Info noted..

    --
    Will~

    "... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

    Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

    "Mr-Natural-Health" <[email protected]> wrote in