Basil Overload

R

Robert Cordelia

I made basil iced tea. Yuck ! Too strong. What to do with such a prolific growth ?

RC

"Robert Cordelia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I made basil iced tea. Yuck ! Too strong. What to do with such a prolific growth ?
>
> RC
>
>
We like to make a big batch of pesto, then freeze it in ice cube trays. After frozen, pop them
out and put them in a freezer bag. When you are making sauce and stuff just take a cube out and
pop it in. YUM!

CP

Robert Cordelia wrote:

> I made basil iced tea. Yuck ! Too strong. What to do with such a prolific growth ?
>
> RC

Blend with a little olive oil and freeze in ice cube trays... Bag 'n Tag...

~john!

--
I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep
like a widow to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in
the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human.

>What to do

Wrap it tightly in plastic in quarter-pound portions; freeze it; and pull it out for pesto
all winter.

Neil

"Robert Cordelia" <[email protected]> writes:

>What to do with such a prolific growth ?

Be kind to your neighbors... dry some for your use and give the rest away.

---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon
```````````` "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

Robert Cordelia wrote:

>
> RC
>
>
>
>
Others have made the suggestion of pesto. My suggestion is to dry it-if there is

THAT much of it. If you do not have a dehydrator, place the bail in a brown paper bag and leave in
the sun for 1-2 weeks. Then just crumble it up or run it through the food processor. Home-dried
basil has an entirely different taste/shelf life than store bought stuff.