bask bikes?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Erik van Leeuwen, Jul 17, 2004.

  1. What's up with the Euskaltels? And their bikes?

    Tags:

  2. Ernst Noch

    Ernst Noch Guest

    Erik van Leeuwen wrote:

    > What's up with the Euskaltels? And their bikes?

    Seems like Mayo's break is extremely rubbing.

  3. Ernst Noch wrote:
    > Erik van Leeuwen wrote:
    >
    >> What's up with the Euskaltels? And their bikes?

    > Seems like Mayo's break is extremely rubbing.

    On the NZ commentary, some scathing remarks about the reliability of
    Orbeas, considering that Mayo has broken two so far and the mechanic is
    now pretending to fix the rear derailleur on the way up the cat 1 climb now.

  4. The Dude

    The Dude Guest

    Erik van Leeuwen wrote:

    > What's up with the Euskaltels? And their bikes?

    Who knows,Mayo had to have his rear derailleur adjusted when he changed
    machines.
    Do you mean *Basque* btw or are they riding bikes made by BASK??

    --

  5. > Who knows,Mayo had to have his rear derailleur adjusted when he changed
    > machines.

    I think he was about to quit but his team director just pushed him on
    another bike. Riding up to the finish must be a hell with all those
    disappointed fans along the road.

    > Do you mean *Basque* btw or are they riding bikes made by BASK??

    I meant Basque (Bask in dutch). I believe the bikes are Orbea's. We won't
    see many Orbea ads featuring the Euskaltel riders...

    Erik

  6. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Erik van Leeuwen wrote in message
    <[email protected]>...
    >What's up with the Euskaltels? And their bikes?

    But they have the best jerseys in IMO.

  7. The Dude

    The Dude Guest

    Erik van Leeuwen wrote:

    >>Who knows,Mayo had to have his rear derailleur adjusted when he changed
    >>machines.

    > I think he was about to quit but his team director just pushed him on
    > another bike. Riding up to the finish must be a hell with all those
    > disappointed fans along the road.

    For Mayo??
    I think they'll cheer all the more despite their disappointment.
    Great crowds today.

    >>Do you mean *Basque* btw or are they riding bikes made by BASK??

    > I meant Basque (Bask in dutch). I believe the bikes are Orbea's. We won't
    > see many Orbea ads featuring the Euskaltel riders...

    ;-)

    --

  8. Dawid

    Dawid Guest

    There was a test of carbon bike frames in a German magazine in January.
    Despite being the lightest en the cheapest the Orbea was tested one of
    worst.. I heard the only reason Euskatel is riding the bike is because is a
    Basque manufacturer.

    "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]

    > Ernst Noch wrote:
    > > Erik van Leeuwen wrote:
    > >
    > >> What's up with the Euskaltels? And their bikes?

    > > Seems like Mayo's break is extremely rubbing.

    > On the NZ commentary, some scathing remarks about the reliability of
    > Orbeas, considering that Mayo has broken two so far and the mechanic is
    > now pretending to fix the rear derailleur on the way up the cat 1 climb

    now.

  9. Sonarrat

    Sonarrat Guest

    in article [email protected], Erik van Leeuwen at
    [email protected] wrote on 7/17/04 6:58 AM:

    >> Who knows,Mayo had to have his rear derailleur adjusted when he changed
    >> machines.

    > I think he was about to quit but his team director just pushed him on
    > another bike. Riding up to the finish must be a hell with all those
    > disappointed fans along the road.
    >
    >> Do you mean *Basque* btw or are they riding bikes made by BASK??

    > I meant Basque (Bask in dutch). I believe the bikes are Orbea's. We won't
    > see many Orbea ads featuring the Euskaltel riders...
    >
    > Erik

    ....Or Jelly Belly.

    Angel Edo could still be an effective spokesman, but he'll have to learn a
    few other languages besides Portuguese first.

    -Sonarrat.

  10. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Try reading the cyclingnews review or cycling prez.
    The problem is not with the bikes. mayo is changing bikes based on
    whether he is about to begin a big climb. He has a prototype Starship he
    is using for that. He won the Dauphine with it. Otherwise he is using
    the Orca all carbin frame.

    Erik van Leeuwen wrote:
    > What's up with the Euskaltels? And their bikes?

  11. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Gary wrote:
    > Try reading the cyclingnews review or cycling prez.
    > The problem is not with the bikes. mayo is changing bikes based on
    > whether he is about to begin a big climb. He has a prototype Starship
    > he is using for that. He won the Dauphine with it. Otherwise he is
    > using the Orca all carbin frame.

    Or maybe he's using the Orbea all carbOn frame. Spend less time with the
    cycling press and more time with your schoolbooks.