Basso admits involvement in doping scandal

monsterman wrote:

> No need to even ask such a question. In the absence of good reason to
> impugn the confession (you know - duress, insanity, [x] years served
> at Guantanamo Bay .. ..), the law recognises that no _further_ proof
> is required. The confession taken as the ultimate, unimpeachable
> proof.

But there is almost always duress, as pressure put on people to confess. One
they have confessed, they are deemed to be guilty as accused. eg. David
Hicks is a terrorist, he confessed after five years of duress. Those British
Special Services people in Iran confessed after three days. Those women who
confessed in Salem really were witches. And one guy in the US who confessed
to murder to get life rather than the chair, who was recently proved
innocent after DNA testing, won't be released because he confessed and is
therefore guilty.

Hmmmm.

Theo

On May 9, 8:23 am, monsterman <monsterman.2qa...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Donga Wrote:> White coats give me much more of a horn than
> > f*cken lawyers do - except MM and SteveA, of course ;)

> > Donga

> Freud would draw a line between that statement and your unnatural
> affinity for goal umpires:D
>
> --
> monsterman

Oooh bee-hayve! White maggots, catfish, you've really got me turned on
now, big boy!

Donga

Donga said:
On May 9, 8:23 am, monsterman <monsterman.2qa...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Donga Wrote:> White coats give me much more of a horn than
> > f*cken lawyers do - except MM and SteveA, of course ;)

> > Donga

> Freud would draw a line between that statement and your unnatural
> affinity for goal umpires:D
>
> --
> monsterman

Oooh bee-hayve! White maggots, catfish, you've really got me turned on
now, big boy!

Donga
Hey that's "medium boy" now! MM is now down to 88kg and training hard for Ventoux, d'Huez and Galibier in June!

i read something recently (cna't recall exactly what or where), but apparently you can't call the umpires "white maggots" anymore, under threat of being ejected from the ground. What is the world coming to?

On May 9, 8:55 pm, monsterman <monsterman.2qb...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Donga Wrote:
>

> > On May 9, 8:23 am, monsterman <monsterman.2qa...@no-
> > mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> > > Donga Wrote:> White coats give me much more of a horn than

> > > Freud would draw a line between that statement and your unnatural
> > > affinity for goal umpires:D

> > > --
> > > monsterman

> > Oooh bee-hayve! White maggots, catfish, you've really got me turned on
> > now, big boy!

> > Donga

> Hey that's "medium boy" now! MM is now down to 88kg and training hard
> for Ventoux, d'Huez and Galibier in June!
>
> i read something recently (cna't recall exactly what or where), but
> apparently you can't call the umpires "white maggots" anymore, under
> threat of being ejected from the ground. What is the world coming to?
>
> --
> monsterman- Hide quoted text -

I can live with that - just so long as I can still call a lawyer a
catfish!