basso admits to doping



Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> On 7 May 2007 08:15:21 -0700, Scott <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >On May 7, 8:42 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
> >wrote:
> >> http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/Primo_Piano/2007/05_Maggio/07/smsbass...
> >>
> >> This should be interesting...

> >
> >and in English: http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=2862610

>
> OK, so now its official...


More or less. The assorted articles all use the same language and
don't actually have him confessing to doping. He confessed to his
implication in OP and his responsibilities to cooperate. It'll be
interesting to hear the content of that confession.
"Yes, I've smoked marijuana, but I didn't inhale."
"I did have blood drawn, bagged and tagged, but I never had blood
infused."
"I fully understand my responsibilities to cooperate to the fullest
extent of shortening my punishment."

R
 
On May 7, 6:32 pm, RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
> Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> > On 7 May 2007 08:15:21 -0700, Scott <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

>
> > >On May 7, 8:42 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
> > >wrote:
> > >>http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/Primo_Piano/2007/05_Maggio/07/smsbass...

>
> > >> This should be interesting...

>
> > >and in English: http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=2862610

>
> > OK, so now its official...

>
> More or less. The assorted articles all use the same language and
> don't actually have him confessing to doping. He confessed to his
> implication in OP and his responsibilities to cooperate. It'll be
> interesting to hear the content of that confession.
> "Yes, I've smoked marijuana, but I didn't inhale."
> "I did have blood drawn, bagged and tagged, but I never had blood
> infused."
> "I fully understand my responsibilities to cooperate to the fullest
> extent of shortening my punishment."
>
> R


"I confess that I practiced blood doping once in Dr.Fuentes lab, but
he was having a siesta. He doesn't know about my doping at all. Nobody
else does, I did it all by myself."
 
On May 7, 7:42 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/Primo_Piano/2007/05_Maggio/07/smsbass...
>
> This should be interesting...


I like Basso, his style, focus on the long climbs and improvement in
the ITTs. I was hoping he wasn't involved, as he repeatedly
insisted. More bothersome is the fact that he openly lied about his
ties to OP for nearly a year. Imagine, TdF and Giro winners get
busted in the same year for PEDs! The fact that Herera got stripped
of his Vuelta title the prior year puts grand tours in such a bad
light. The winners of the TdF, Giro and Vuelta all stripped of their
titles? Although I doubt Basso will face a similar fate. I now agree
with ASO - Implicated riders should be banned from the ASO sponsored
events. The Giro and Vuelta organizers should do the same thing.

I really like the idea of cleaning house in the sport. They need to
fine these riders in addition to the suspension. The riders are
gambling that they won't get caught and that they can make a lot of
money in 2-3 years gaming the sport. Awful behavior. It's so
difficult to watch the sport on cycling.tv these days and consider the
number of riders who are using drugs or alternatives to enhance their
performance. Even the riders returning from suspensions dished out in
2005 suspect in my eyes. Evans and Hamilton take note. And all those
spanish riders who avoided prosecution on that testing technicality in
OP - Contador et. al.

Riis was the smart director sportif and got rid of Basso right away.
It was good to see Discovery do the same as it probably saved the team
a lot of embarassment. It's difficult to recruit a new sponsor when
your top rider has a fridge full of blood.
 

>
> Riis was the smart director sportif and got rid of Basso right away.
> It was good to see Discovery do the same as it probably saved the team
> a lot of embarassment. It's difficult to recruit a new sponsor when
> your top rider has a fridge full of blood.



It was good to see Discovery doing the same? Good? They knew all along
Basso was guilty, and the only reason they dropped him (oh, sorry, he
'resigned') was because they knew what was coming. They don't deserve
a new sponsor. They deserve nothing good to come out of this.

Go back and re-read Bruyneel's holier than thou comments when they
signed Basso. He's a crook and a con man.
 
On May 7, 1:00 pm, need more sun <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Riis was the smart director sportif and got rid of Basso right away.
> > It was good to see Discovery do the same as it probably saved the team
> > a lot of embarassment. It's difficult to recruit a new sponsor when
> > your top rider has a fridge full of blood.

>
> It was good to see Discovery doing the same? Good? They knew all along
> Basso was guilty, and the only reason they dropped him (oh, sorry, he
> 'resigned') was because they knew what was coming. They don't deserve
> a new sponsor. They deserve nothing good to come out of this.
>
> Go back and re-read Bruyneel's holier than thou comments when they
> signed Basso. He's a crook and a con man.



I think Disco signed Basso in a bid to keep him quiet about LANCE ...
I think Ivan knows things ...
 
On May 7, 11:16 am, [email protected] wrote:
> On May 7, 1:00 pm, need more sun <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > Riis was the smart director sportif and got rid of Basso right away.
> > > It was good to see Discovery do the same as it probably saved the team
> > > a lot of embarassment. It's difficult to recruit a new sponsor when
> > > your top rider has a fridge full of blood.

>
> > It was good to see Discovery doing the same? Good? They knew all along
> > Basso was guilty, and the only reason they dropped him (oh, sorry, he
> > 'resigned') was because they knew what was coming. They don't deserve
> > a new sponsor. They deserve nothing good to come out of this.

>
> > Go back and re-read Bruyneel's holier than thou comments when they
> > signed Basso. He's a crook and a con man.

>
> I think Disco signed Basso in a bid to keep him quiet about LANCE ...
> I think Ivan knows things ...



I think you should switch to crack lite. Where in the world would you
find any evidence of a conspiratorial coverup, and why would you think
that, if in fact Lance had doped, Basso would know details?
 
barbaricia wrote:
> I think Disco signed Basso in a bid to keep him quiet about LANCE ...
> I think Ivan knows things ...


Since ET is involved I assume the Greys must have orchestrated everything
(perhaps they own Discovery).
 
Scott wrote:
>
> I think you should switch to crack lite. Where in the world would you
> find any evidence of a conspiratorial coverup, and why would you think
> that, if in fact Lance had doped, Basso would know details?
>


They discussed it over beers with Floyd one night.
 
Scott wrote:
>> I think you should switch to crack lite. Where in the world would you
>> find any evidence of a conspiratorial coverup, and why would you think
>> that, if in fact Lance had doped, Basso would know details?


Kyle Legate wrote:
> They discussed it over beers with Floyd one night.


Dumbass,
Ask Jack Daniels. He knows everything.
 
Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> You left out:
>
> "Imagine my surprise when someone explained it was blood doping. Until
> then, I thought it was completely legal."


> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...


I would suggest the Paris Hilton defense. "I don't have time to read
the rules, I have people that do that."
 
On 7 May 2007 08:32:07 -0700, RicodJour <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Yes, I've smoked marijuana, but I didn't inhale."
>"I did have blood drawn, bagged and tagged, but I never had blood
>infused."
>"I fully understand my responsibilities to cooperate to the fullest
>extent of shortening my punishment."


You left out:

"Imagine my surprise when someone explained it was blood doping. Until
then, I thought it was completely legal."

OK, so answer the only question apparently left - if Basso still owes
Fuentes money, does he have to pay?

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
 
On 7 May 2007 10:16:06 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>On May 7, 1:00 pm, need more sun <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > Riis was the smart director sportif and got rid of Basso right away.
>> > It was good to see Discovery do the same as it probably saved the team
>> > a lot of embarassment. It's difficult to recruit a new sponsor when
>> > your top rider has a fridge full of blood.

>>
>> It was good to see Discovery doing the same? Good? They knew all along
>> Basso was guilty, and the only reason they dropped him (oh, sorry, he
>> 'resigned') was because they knew what was coming. They don't deserve
>> a new sponsor. They deserve nothing good to come out of this.
>>
>> Go back and re-read Bruyneel's holier than thou comments when they
>> signed Basso. He's a crook and a con man.

>
>
>I think Disco signed Basso in a bid to keep him quiet about LANCE ...
>I think Ivan knows things ...
>


Wouldn't it be greener pastures for conspiracy somewhere where the guy
isn't confessing? See, the way you want it to work is choose someone
like Danielson and say, "What is Danielson hiding about Lance? Why
doesn't he say something?" That way, they both look guilty.

And I apologize for taking Danielson out of the Tours, just as some
were picking him as a survivor...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
 
On Mon, 07 May 2007 20:38:09 +0200, Donald Munro
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Scott wrote:
>>> I think you should switch to crack lite. Where in the world would you
>>> find any evidence of a conspiratorial coverup, and why would you think
>>> that, if in fact Lance had doped, Basso would know details?

>
>Kyle Legate wrote:
>> They discussed it over beers with Floyd one night.

>
>Dumbass,
>Ask Jack Daniels. He knows everything.
>

Perhaps he doesn't know jack?

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
 
It's good that Basso resigned from Discovery. The question now is how
much Basso damaged Discovery's image.

On May 7, 10:00 am, need more sun <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Riis was the smart director sportif and got rid of Basso right away.
> > It was good to see Discovery do the same as it probably saved the team
> > a lot of embarassment. It's difficult to recruit a new sponsor when
> > your top rider has a fridge full of blood.

>
> It was good to see Discovery doing the same? Good? They knew all along
> Basso was guilty, and the only reason they dropped him (oh, sorry, he
> 'resigned') was because they knew what was coming. They don't deserve
> a new sponsor. They deserve nothing good to come out of this.
>
> Go back and re-read Bruyneel's holier than thou comments when they
> signed Basso. He's a crook and a con man.
 

Similar threads