Basso going for Triple and Giro race of the year ?

Keith

Guest
according to CN...Giro, TDF, WC..20 years after Stephen Roche, except
it would be the ITT in the Worlds.

It looks like the Giro could be the race to follow this year since
Ullrich will be stuck there, Basso vs Cunego vs Ullrich vs Simoni, now
that would be something, when was the last time TDF contenders thought
it out in the Giro ? 1984, 1985 ?

Keith wrote:
> according to CN...Giro, TDF, WC..20 years after Stephen Roche, except
> it would be the ITT in the Worlds.
>
> It looks like the Giro could be the race to follow this year since
> Ullrich will be stuck there, Basso vs Cunego vs Ullrich vs Simoni, now
> that would be something, when was the last time TDF contenders thought
> it out in the Giro ? 1984, 1985 ?

BFD. He should try to win the Giro-Tour-Vuelta triple crown.

[email protected] wrote:
> Keith wrote:
>> according to CN...Giro, TDF, WC..20 years after Stephen Roche, except
>> it would be the ITT in the Worlds.
>>
>> It looks like the Giro could be the race to follow this year since
>> Ullrich will be stuck there, Basso vs Cunego vs Ullrich vs Simoni, now
>> that would be something, when was the last time TDF contenders thought
>> it out in the Giro ? 1984, 1985 ?

> BFD. He should try to win the Giro-Tour-Vuelta triple crown.

Really. Even I could do the Giro-TdF-WC triple.

Sheesh. Get a clue, people.

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:21:57 -0800, Fred Fredburger
<[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>> Keith wrote:
>>> according to CN...Giro, TDF, WC..20 years after Stephen Roche, except
>>> it would be the ITT in the Worlds.
>>>
>>> It looks like the Giro could be the race to follow this year since
>>> Ullrich will be stuck there, Basso vs Cunego vs Ullrich vs Simoni, now
>>> that would be something, when was the last time TDF contenders thought
>>> it out in the Giro ? 1984, 1985 ?

>> BFD. He should try to win the Giro-Tour-Vuelta triple crown.
>>

>Really. Even I could do the Giro-TdF-WC triple.

You mean watching it on TV, sure, time to renew the old OLD
subscription I gues or the ADSL subscrciption if you meant discussing
it on RBR

>Sheesh. Get a clue, people.

Since you don't seem to know what CN stands for ->
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/jan07/jan10news2&from=rss
scroll down to "Basso wants world championships"