BAsso to sign for Disco 'this afternoon'



jhuskey

Moderator
Oct 6, 2003
10,606
676
113
This will be very interesting, I mean not just that he may race with Discovery but how this will play out over the next few months.
I suspect Basso may catch some of the heat that Ullrich has been getting now that he has raised his head into the public eye.
In the US I doubt there will be little notice, but I would believe that the international cycling comunity will not be kind.
I expect some mud-slinging.
 

a1086528

New Member
Sep 17, 2004
70
0
0
what's gonna happen to popo now that basso is signed up?

popo for the giro? and basso for the tour?

maybe even levi for the vuelta? doubt it:)
 

whiteboytrash

New Member
Mar 9, 2005
5,402
0
0
a1086528 said:
what's gonna happen to popo now that basso is signed up?

popo for the giro? and basso for the tour?

maybe even levi for the vuelta? doubt it:)
Do you think Hincapie can win the Tour ?
 

Eldrack

New Member
Jan 10, 2005
1,353
2
0
whiteboytrash said:
According to the text Basso still needs to get out of his CSC contract.... I'm looking forward to Riis asking Armstrong and co. for a termination fee...... the guns are drawn !
It will be cheaper for LA to hire a hitman than to pay any termination fee. I await the news of Riis's death.......
 

tomkay

New Member
Jul 20, 2003
48
0
0
whiteboytrash said:
According to the text Basso still needs to get out of his CSC contract.... I'm looking forward to Riis asking Armstrong and co. for a termination fee...... the guns are drawn !

I think what is even more ineteresting is that Basso agreed to give a DNA sample to completely clear his name. As we all know, Basso has so far steadfastly refused to give any such DNA sample. SOmething tells me this story is not over.
 

Rolfrae

New Member
Sep 15, 2006
983
0
0
tomkay said:
I think what is even more ineteresting is that Basso agreed to give a DNA sample to completely clear his name. As we all know, Basso has so far steadfastly refused to give any such DNA sample. SOmething tells me this story is not over.

He can give a DNA sample but if the Spanish authorities continue to refuse to hand over the blood bags for the purposes of DNA comparison then it is a meaningless gesture.
 

PolishPostal

New Member
Dec 1, 2004
33
0
0
whiteboytrash said:
According to the text Basso still needs to get out of his CSC contract.... I'm looking forward to Riis asking Armstrong and co. for a termination fee...... the guns are drawn !
The article at www.cyclingnews.com says that his contract with CSC was terminated on October 18.


prior to the signing, director sportif Johann Bruyneel had to wait for Basso to terminate his contract with Bjarne Riis' team CSC. The former contract with CSC, where Basso raced for two and a half years, was officially terminated on October 18, just prior to Basso being cleared to ride by the Italian cycling federation (FCI) on October 27.


 

BottleCage

New Member
Dec 22, 2004
82
2
0
whiteboytrash said:
According to the text Basso still needs to get out of his CSC contract.... I'm looking forward to Riis asking Armstrong and co. for a termination fee...... the guns are drawn !


Basso's CSC contract was terminated on October 17th it is in the article.

So nothing for Riis
 

whiteboytrash

New Member
Mar 9, 2005
5,402
0
0
tomkay said:
I think what is even more ineteresting is that Basso agreed to give a DNA sample to completely clear his name. As we all know, Basso has so far steadfastly refused to give any such DNA sample. SOmething tells me this story is not over.
I have to agree with you; If he doesn't supply a DNA sample Bruyneel will be under pressure when the likes of T-Mobile and CSC have a defined doping policy.

Secondary if he does provide a DNA sample and cum July next year the Spanish Police open up the blood bags to be tested once their investigation has completed he could be in for one hell of a scare ! Then what ? Withdraw from the Tour (again) ?

If he's innocent then he'll provide the sample in line with the ethics code from the teams association and get on with the job of winning the Tour. Something tells me as well this is not over.

Lastly his contract with CSC; Riis made a significant investment in Basso. He's a shrewd money man. There is no way Riis will let him go with our compensation from either Basso or DC. Remember that Basso and Riis agreed to part ways but Basso owes Riis two years of service.
 

whiteboytrash

New Member
Mar 9, 2005
5,402
0
0
BottleCage said:
Basso's CSC contract was terminated on October 17th it is in the article.

So nothing for Riis
No they agreed to part ways not to terminate the contract. This needed to be cleared up once Basso found a new team.
 

whiteboytrash

New Member
Mar 9, 2005
5,402
0
0
Knobpolisher - Can you not read the official statement ? Not the second hand cyclingnews editorial inflected tripe !

"After all that has happened, especially this summer, Team CSC and Ivan Basso have agreed to part ways," CSC manager Bjarne Riis manager said. "It has been a very difficult decision, but both parties agree it is time to move on." - Nothing about money in here Sonny Jim.

Riis wants his money !


PolishPostal said:
The article at www.cyclingnews.com says that his contract with CSC was terminated on October 18.



prior to the signing, director sportif Johann Bruyneel had to wait for Basso to terminate his contract with Bjarne Riis' team CSC. The former contract with CSC, where Basso raced for two and a half years, was officially terminated on October 18, just prior to Basso being cleared to ride by the Italian cycling federation (FCI) on October 27.




 

jhuskey

Moderator
Oct 6, 2003
10,606
676
113
Of course you must be aware that Ullrich is replacing Bruynell at Discovery. :D
 

cyclingheroes

New Member
Sep 9, 2005
3,463
0
0
Bruyneel said last week that he wasn't at the meeting in Paris and that he is against the DNA samples. He isn't alone Marc Sergeant (Team manager Davitamon) is also against DNA samples...



whiteboytrash said:
I have to agree with you; If he doesn't supply a DNA sample Bruyneel will be under pressure when the likes of T-Mobile and CSC have a defined doping policy.

Secondary if he does provide a DNA sample and cum July next year the Spanish Police open up the blood bags to be tested once their investigation has completed he could be in for one hell of a scare ! Then what ? Withdraw from the Tour (again) ?

If he's innocent then he'll provide the sample in line with the ethics code from the teams association and get on with the job of winning the Tour. Something tells me as well this is not over.

Lastly his contract with CSC; Riis made a significant investment in Basso. He's a shrewd money man. There is no way Riis will let him go with our compensation from either Basso or DC. Remember that Basso and Riis agreed to part ways but Basso owes Riis two years of service.
 

Eldrack

New Member
Jan 10, 2005
1,353
2
0
cyclingheroes said:
Bruyneel said last week that he wasn't at the meeting in Paris and that he is against the DNA samples. He isn't alone Marc Sergeant (Team manager Davitamon) is also against DNA samples...
It seems quite a few people in professional cycling are against DNA samples. I wonder why.
 

Similar threads