Basso vs Ullrich, A Poll

jhuskey

Oct 6, 2003
Yes I know about Puerto,yes I know how cycle racing should be cleaned up but can you honestly say that you don't want to see Jan and Ivan sweat it out in the Alps next July.
Maybe I am just going into the pre-winter funk but I am in hot anticipation of this possibility.
Or maybe I just love a good drama but either way lets put it to a vote.

I would like to see Ullrich compete again. I really don't care about Basso; he has that whole doped to the gills and climb without a hint of stress thing going for him, so he is not that interesting to watch. I am not too happy that he and the buffalo doped their way past Simoni in the Giro.

The truth of the matter is that most fans want to see a good race. Doped riders or not. :eek:

So I was honest and voted for an Ivan-Jan head-to-head in the 2007 TdF (and hopefully also the Giro!).

Probably should not have been honest about this...

I voted against because super dopers destroy the race. I don't think big names are important because there always will be the first, the second and the third place. I don't want to see over doped Basso that destroys the field with almost 10 minutes interval to second place as in Giro 2006 and then insist how clean he actually is. I'll better watch how Dessel drops Voeckler rather than dopers equal to Lance destroy each other. They even spend their private money for drugs and it shows there is no morale.

Powerful Pete said:
The truth of the matter is that most fans want to see a good race. Doped riders or not. :eek: ...

The results of the pole thus far would tend to bare that out.

jhuskey said:
Yes I know about Puerto,yes I know how cycle racing should be cleaned up but can you honestly say that you don't want to see Jan and Ivan sweat it out in the Alps next July.
Maybe I am just going into the pre-winter funk but I am in hot anticipation of this possibility.
Or maybe I just love a good drama but either way lets put it to a vote.
New poll: guess what i voted for...

I personally don´t care. I was a Jan fan but if he isn´t around i will support someone else.

What i don´t want is Basso to ride and jan to stay at home

I want the duel and Vino in 2007. IB and JU now appear good buddies so will be taking turns to chase Vino's daily attack down!

Three very angry riders with points to prove.

foxvi said:
I want the duel and Vino in 2007. IB and JU now appear good buddies so will be taking turns to chase Vino's daily attack down!

I voted against, but now that you mention that...that would be sick to watch.

I once heard someone say, "Pro cycling is like sausage...I love it, but I don't want to know how it's made." I think that applies here.

L.Viento said:
I voted against, but now that you mention that...that would be sick to watch.

I once heard someone say, "Pro cycling is like sausage...I love it, but I don't want to know how it's made." I think that applies here.
Dont watch then.

And as for what is in a sausage - I worked for a company that had food processing factories that made sausages and I can tell you if you really want to know what is in them if you really want to know. Mainly water!

foxvi said:

Jan and Vino are good friends and a tour without them in 2007 will be like sausage made with chalk and white paper,no color and bland.

Looking at my poll most of us are ****s,I guess, but I don't have the makings to be a Nun. Then again Nuns don't generally climb a 2000 meter verticle with a head wind.
As Pete might say, "I like some Garlic my Pasta".
Correct me if I am wrong Pete.

Part of me wants to see JU and IB go head - to - head, like most fans.

But part of me would prefer to see them totally exonerated first.

Both of them were implicated in OP.
We know that there is no evidence in OP.
Therefore neither of them ought to have been banned and a full unconditional statement as to their innocence should have been issued.

Nearly six months later - we're still no wiser as to why they were banned.

The problem now is - if either of them win in 2007, they will still have a shadow over them.

It's a right royal balls up, folks.

This entire affair has crippled the sport.

Sorry to go on JH.

Well,no evidence,no clear exoneration and no way I will miss a rematch.

jhuskey said:
Well,no evidence,no clear exoneration and no way I will miss a rematch.

If there is no evidence (and there isn't any evidence in OP, specifically) : the UCI still have it in for all riders named in OP.

The UCI will try to preclude these guys from racing in 2007.

limerickman said:
If there is no evidence (and there isn't any evidence in OP, specifically) : the UCI still have it in for all riders named in OP.

The UCI will try to preclude these guys from racing in 2007.
Yes ,plus the ex-teams, and the dark clouds loom. *I love the un-biased media!
*Note sarcasm.