Bastards.

MichaelB

New Member
Feb 10, 2004
A gang of scouse twats in a Ford Focus tried to knock me off my bike yesterday which they found very amusing. I shouted what I thought of them and then tried to get off after them because there were two sets of lights coming up. If it wasn't for the wind I probably would have got them.

I was in a foul mood after that and I probably would have ended up trying to attack the driver. I was on the ball enough to be thinking about trying to get his car keys and throwing them on the railway tracks so they couldn't run me over again.

I dont normally get angry but this guy blatantly tried to drive into me from behind and they were all laughing - I heard the little ***** coming. The little cowards then just zoomed off. I'm still so angry I honestly think I would have punched someone for the first time in my adult life :mad:

I didn't clock the reg because I was too busy shouting at them which is easy to criticise now.

..

"MichaelB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> A gang of scouse twats in a Ford Focus tried to knock me off my bike
> yesterday which they found very amusing. I shouted what I thought of
> them and then tried to get off after them because there were two sets
> of lights coming up. If it wasn't for the wind I probably would have
> got them.
>
> I was in a foul mood after that and I probably would have ended up
> trying to attack the driver. I was on the ball enough to be thinking
> about trying to get his car keys and throwing them on the railway
> tracks so they couldn't run me over again.
>
> I dont normally get angry but this guy blatantly tried to drive into me
> from behind and they were all laughing - I heard the little *****
> coming. The little cowards then just zoomed off. I'm still so angry I
> honestly think I would have punched someone for the first time in my
> adult life :mad:
>
> I didn't clock the reg because I was too busy shouting at them which is
> easy to criticise now.
>

> --
> MichaelB

I am sure that we all know the feeling! I know it isn't always wise to over
react but........ Pity you didn't get their number ---- but " been there
done that"!!!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

MichaelB wrote:
> A gang of scouse twats in a Ford Focus tried to knock me off my bike
> yesterday which they found very amusing. I shouted what I thought of
> them and then tried to get off after them because there were two sets
> of lights coming up. If it wasn't for the wind I probably would have
> got them.
>
> I was in a foul mood after that and I probably would have ended up
> trying to attack the driver. I was on the ball enough to be thinking
> about trying to get his car keys and throwing them on the railway
> tracks so they couldn't run me over again.
>
> I dont normally get angry but this guy blatantly tried to drive into me
> from behind and they were all laughing - I heard the little *****
> coming. The little cowards then just zoomed off. I'm still so angry I
> honestly think I would have punched someone for the first time in my
> adult life :mad:

You've never had a fist fight as an adult and you were ready to take on
a car full of youths, possibly armed? I think you were probably
fortunate you didn't catch up with them.

> I didn't clock the reg because I was too busy shouting at them which is
> easy to criticise now.

Thus adding to their amusement. There's no point in being angry now, it
hurts only you. There was nothing personal in the attack, it was simply
because you were a vulnerable target. It happens to cyclists
frequently. As you didn't get the number there's precious little you
can do about it this time, so stop brooding on it and let the incident
go. Next time, get the number.

--
Dave...

dkahn400 wrote:

> Thus adding to their amusement. There's no point in being angry now, it
> hurts only you. There was nothing personal in the attack, it was simply
> because you were a vulnerable target. It happens to cyclists
> frequently. As you didn't get the number there's precious little you
> can do about it this time, so stop brooding on it and let the incident
> go. Next time, get the number.

<Trekkie>

So the Wrath of Khan doesn't exist? ;-)

</Trekkie>

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

Tony Raven wrote:
> dkahn400 wrote:
> >
> > Thus adding to their amusement. There's no point in being angry now, it
> > hurts only you. There was nothing personal in the attack, it was simply
> > because you were a vulnerable target. It happens to cyclists
> > frequently. As you didn't get the number there's precious little you
> > can do about it this time, so stop brooding on it and let the incident
> > go. Next time, get the number.
> >

> <Trekkie>
> So the Wrath of Khan doesn't exist? ;-)
> </Trekkie>

The wrath of khan will no doubt be duly visited upon the guilty - but
not by means of arguing from a position of weakness (car vs bike is not
the best of options).

...d

dkahn400 wrote:
>There was nothing personal in the attack, it was simply
> because you were a vulnerable target. It happens to cyclists
> frequently.

Not frequently at all. Very, very rare in fact.

>As you didn't get the number there's precious little you
> can do about it this time,

Yes there is - report it to the police. They may or may not do
something, but if we don't report these things, they will never become
a priority. Don't just accept it.

PhilO

Instead of shouting at people, i find the best response is to make an exagerrated yawning mime a couple of times. This tends to send them quite apopoletic (sp?) and yet somehow they then realise what twats they appear and rarely have another dig.

dkahn400 wrote:

> Thus adding to their amusement. There's no point in being angry now,
> it hurts only you. There was nothing personal in the attack, it was
> simply because you were a vulnerable target. It happens to cyclists
> frequently. As you didn't get the number there's precious little you
> can do about it this time, so stop brooding on it and let the incident
> go. Next time, get the number.

Or make sure you go out with a bazooka. :)

--
Ambrose

On Mon, 24 Apr, Chris Armstrong <> wrote:

> Instead of shouting at people, i find the best response is to make an
> exagerrated yawning mime a couple of times. This tends to send them
> quite apopoletic (sp?) and yet somehow they then realise what twats
> they appear and rarely have another dig.

I tend to pantomime a slowish round of applause, and/or a mournful
shaking of the head. Of course, this is easier to accomplish on a
tricycle that one can steer with the knees than on an 'upright'
bicycle.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

PhilO wrote:
> dkahn400 wrote:
> >There was nothing personal in the attack, it was simply
> > because you were a vulnerable target. It happens to cyclists
> > frequently.

> Not frequently at all. Very, very rare in fact.

Really? I experience some kind of unprovoked assault or attempted
assault from a motor vehicle about every 2 months on average.

--
Dave...

dkahn400 wrote:

> PhilO wrote:
> > dkahn400 wrote:
> > >There was nothing personal in the attack, it was simply
> > > because you were a vulnerable target. It happens to cyclists
> > > frequently.

> > Not frequently at all. Very, very rare in fact.

> Really? I experience some kind of unprovoked assault or attempted
> assault from a motor vehicle about every 2 months on average.

You don't get out much then ;-)

John B

John B wrote:
> dkahn400 wrote:
> > Really? I experience some kind of unprovoked assault or attempted
> > assault from a motor vehicle about every 2 months on average.

> You don't get out much then ;-)

Yeah, I must get more miles in.

--
Dave...

"dkahn400" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> PhilO wrote:
>> dkahn400 wrote:

<snip><snip>

> Really? I experience some kind of unprovoked assault or attempted
> assault from a motor vehicle about every 2 months on average.
>
> --
> Dave...

Every week ---or more. But I cycle every day in a "busy" motor traffic area

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:37:16 +1000, Chris Armstrong
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Instead of shouting at people, i find the best response is to make an
>exagerrated yawning mime a couple of times. This tends to send them
>quite apopoletic (sp?) and yet somehow they then realise what twats
>they appear and rarely have another dig.

Anyone who reacts in any way - shouting, exaggerated shaking of head,
yawning theatrically, clapping etc to a car full of scousers who've
just tried to run you over is stupid and deserves what they may get.

Doing anything else to annoy them, well that would be the definition
of "asking for it".

OP, you are truly lucky you didn't catch up with them.

BB wrote:
> Anyone who reacts in any way - shouting, exaggerated shaking of head,
> yawning theatrically, clapping etc to a car full of scousers who've
> just tried to run you over is stupid and deserves what they may get.

Do you really mean what you said there?

--
Gareth Rees

BB said:
Anyone who reacts in any way - shouting, exaggerated shaking of head, yawning theatrically, clapping etc to a car full of scousers who've
just tried to run you over is stupid and deserves what they may get.

Doing anything else to annoy them, well that would be the definition
of "asking for it".

OP, you are truly lucky you didn't catch up with them.
Really?
So according to you, if you mime a yawn at someone you deserve to get run over. What about if you stand up to the school bully. Do you also deserve what you get beaten up then?
Appeasement will get you nowhere.

dkahn400 wrote:
> I experience some kind of unprovoked assault or attempted
> assault from a motor vehicle about every 2 months on average.

I imagine you not to be Caucasian. Might that be a contributory factor?

Subscribe to PlusNet <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/>

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> dkahn400 wrote:
>> I experience some kind of unprovoked assault or attempted
>> assault from a motor vehicle about every 2 months on average.

> I imagine you not to be Caucasian. Might that be a contributory factor?

not sure if its really *that* much of a factor. I am Asian and I've never
had any *racial* abuse on a bike; just the usual stuff - annoyance you are
on the road etc...

TBH I reckon the very fact you are on a bike makes some peoples hate levels
go off the scale so skin colour no longer matters!

That said I usually ride a bike with panniers... for a week after 7/7
motorists in Reading were actually slowing down and letting me pass (even
though I am clean-shaven and more Oriental-looking than South Asian)

I don't know of Dave's ethnicity either; but I get the impression he's a
roadie who always wears the proper gear, and the sort of chap who wins races
etc..

I reckon seeing people like him brings out a sense of inadequacy in a lot of
drivers (u,e they are not physically fit enough to do the sort of things he
does) and they react with the abuse.

Alex
--
Mr R@T / General Lighting
Ipswich, Suffolk, Untied Kingdom

dkahn400 wrote:

> Really? I experience some kind of unprovoked assault or attempted
> assault from a motor vehicle about every 2 months on average.

<NoteToSelf>
Don't ride with Dkahn
</NoteToSelf>

:)

Danny Colyer wrote:
> dkahn400 wrote:
>> I experience some kind of unprovoked assault or attempted
>> assault from a motor vehicle about every 2 months on average.

> I imagine you not to be Caucasian. Might that be a contributory
> factor?

Surprisingly, Dave's actually a honky.

He rides a _lot_ of miles, so that may be the reason -- greater exposure to
the twunts.