batteries at Tesco's

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Shaun O'Connor, Mar 15, 2004.

  1. I noticed today that my local Tesco's (big one in Watford)
    is selling Energizer 2100mAH NiMh rechargeable batteries at
    c1.87 for 4 AA. They were selling them at about 6.99 a few
    months ago. (then about 3.70 for a while). Don't know if its
    a national thing but as they seem to last well in digital
    cameras and GPS's I thought I'd mention it here.

    Shaun

    Tags:

  2. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > I noticed today that my local Tesco's (big one in Watford)
    > is selling Energizer 2100mAH NiMh rechargeable batteries
    > at c1.87 for 4 AA.

    *How* much??? I feel a shopping trip coming on! Back
    in a bit...
    --
    Fran If you need my email address please ask.

  3. Carl

    Carl Guest

    >Has anyone else seen these? My local Tesco's doesn't have
    >them. Worth a visit on my travels if I know where they are
    >being sold.

    I got them in Tescos in Southport

  4. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > Has anyone else seen these? My local Tesco's doesn't have
    > them. Worth a visit on my travels if I know where they are
    > being sold.

    I've seen the empty rack where they were meant to be had
    they not sold out... (Talbot Green)
    --
    Fran If you need my email address please ask.

  5. "Fran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] said...
    > > Has anyone else seen these? My local Tesco's doesn't
    > > have them. Worth a visit on my travels if I know where
    > > they are being sold.
    > >
    > I've seen the empty rack where they were meant to be had
    > they not sold out... (Talbot Green)
    > --
    > Fran If you need my email address please ask.

    Had a look today in the Watford store. Completely sold out.
    The empty rack still marked up at 1.87. I will see if they
    come back in at that price.

  6. Lakeuk

    Lakeuk Guest

    > Has anyone else seen these? My local Tesco's doesn't have
    > them. Worth a visit on my travels if I know where they are
    > being sold.
    >
    > Thanks

    I got a couple of packs from the blackpool store mid week, I
    had to hunt for them, the battery area in the electrical
    area was empty for these cheap batteries but they had an
    extra display near one of the checkouts with the batterys
    priced at £3.75, but at the checkouts was only charged £1.87
    per pack, cheap considering they are £12 at Argos.

    Dave

  7. Judith

    Judith Guest

    On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:17:32 -0000, "Alastair J. Smith"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Has anyone else seen these? My local Tesco's doesn't have
    >them. Worth a visit on my travels if I know where they are
    >being sold.

    I've seen them in Portsmouth and Birkenhead ..... but they
    sell out as soon as they re-stock the rack. I get the
    impression that they are nationally available (in England)
    but you've just got to be quick.

    Judith

  8. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:17:32 -0000, "Alastair J. Smith"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >Has anyone else seen these? My local Tesco's doesn't have
    > >them. Worth a visit on my travels if I know where they
    > >are being sold.

    > I've seen them in Portsmouth and Birkenhead ..... but they
    > sell out as soon as they re-stock the rack. I get the
    > impression that they are nationally available (in England)
    > but you've just got to be quick.

    Sounds as though the best bet would be to do the next
    shopping trip online and see if they'll deliver them.
    --
    Fran If you need my email address please ask.