batteries at Tesco's

Shaun O'Connor

Guest
I noticed today that my local Tesco's (big one in Watford)
is selling Energizer 2100mAH NiMh rechargeable batteries at
c1.87 for 4 AA. They were selling them at about 6.99 a few
months ago. (then about 3.70 for a while). Don't know if its
a national thing but as they seem to last well in digital
cameras and GPS's I thought I'd mention it here.

Shaun

[email protected] said...
> I noticed today that my local Tesco's (big one in Watford)
> is selling Energizer 2100mAH NiMh rechargeable batteries
> at c1.87 for 4 AA.

*How* much??? I feel a shopping trip coming on! Back
in a bit...
--
Fran If you need my email address please ask.

>Has anyone else seen these? My local Tesco's doesn't have
>them. Worth a visit on my travels if I know where they are
>being sold.

I got them in Tescos in Southport

[email protected] said...
> Has anyone else seen these? My local Tesco's doesn't have
> them. Worth a visit on my travels if I know where they are
> being sold.

I've seen the empty rack where they were meant to be had
they not sold out... (Talbot Green)
--
Fran If you need my email address please ask.

"Fran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] said...
> > Has anyone else seen these? My local Tesco's doesn't
> > have them. Worth a visit on my travels if I know where
> > they are being sold.
> >
> I've seen the empty rack where they were meant to be had
> they not sold out... (Talbot Green)
> --
> Fran If you need my email address please ask.

Had a look today in the Watford store. Completely sold out.
The empty rack still marked up at 1.87. I will see if they
come back in at that price.

> Has anyone else seen these? My local Tesco's doesn't have
> them. Worth a visit on my travels if I know where they are
> being sold.
>
> Thanks

I got a couple of packs from the blackpool store mid week, I
had to hunt for them, the battery area in the electrical
area was empty for these cheap batteries but they had an
extra display near one of the checkouts with the batterys
priced at £3.75, but at the checkouts was only charged £1.87
per pack, cheap considering they are £12 at Argos.

Dave

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:17:32 -0000, "Alastair J. Smith"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Has anyone else seen these? My local Tesco's doesn't have
>them. Worth a visit on my travels if I know where they are
>being sold.

I've seen them in Portsmouth and Birkenhead ..... but they
sell out as soon as they re-stock the rack. I get the
impression that they are nationally available (in England)
but you've just got to be quick.

Judith

[email protected] said...
> On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:17:32 -0000, "Alastair J. Smith"
> <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Has anyone else seen these? My local Tesco's doesn't have
> >them. Worth a visit on my travels if I know where they
> >are being sold.

> I've seen them in Portsmouth and Birkenhead ..... but they
> sell out as soon as they re-stock the rack. I get the
> impression that they are nationally available (in England)
> but you've just got to be quick.

Sounds as though the best bet would be to do the next
shopping trip online and see if they'll deliver them.
--
Fran If you need my email address please ask.