Battery Replacing in Cateye CC-6000

George

Guest
How do I replace the battery in a Cateye CC-6000 cyclocomputer? I have removed the round, plastic
disk in the back; I can see the old battery; but I am still not sure how to get it out. Do I need a
dental probe?

In article <[email protected]>, George <[email protected]> wrote:

> How do I replace the battery in a Cateye CC-6000 cyclocomputer? I have removed the round, plastic
> disk in the back; I can see the old battery; but I am still not sure how to get it out. Do I need
> a dental probe?

If it's like the CC-HB100 Cateye (and it sounds like it is), you're close to the truth. I picked my
battery out with a small (think large jeweler's size) screwdriver.

An unbent paperclip should be small and sturdy enough to do it in a pinch,

OK. That worked. Now, do I have to recalibrate? Even if don't have to recalibrate now, can somehone
tell me how to do this in case I change wheel size.

"George" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> How do I replace the battery in a Cateye CC-6000 cyclocomputer? I have removed the round, plastic
> disk in the back; I can see the old battery; but I am still not sure how to get it out. Do I need
> a dental probe?

Tap the open computer on something hard, battery side down. The battery will fall out.

In article <[email protected]>, George <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 16:25:26 -0700, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>, George <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> How do I replace the battery in a Cateye CC-6000 cyclocomputer? I have removed the round,
> >> plastic disk in the back; I can see the old battery; but I am still not sure how to get it out.
> >> Do I need a dental probe?

> >An unbent paperclip should be small and sturdy enough to do it in a pinch,

> OK. That worked. Now, do I have to recalibrate? Even if don't have to recalibrate now, can
> somehone tell me how to do this in case I change wheel size.

Must we do everything for you?

http://www.cateye.com/manuals/tech_micro.htm

Instructions for resetting the wheel size etc. on your computer. Note, however, that the settings
usually will be retained if you do the battery swap quickly (say, 30 seconds or so).

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 06:33:33 -0700, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

>Must we do everything for you?
I went to the Cateye Web siteearlier but couldn't find anyhting on this model. I will now, however,
follow the link you;ve given.

In article <[email protected]>, George <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 06:33:33 -0700, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Must we do everything for you?
> I went to the Cateye Web siteearlier but couldn't find anyhting on this model. I will now,
> however, follow the link you;ve given.

Hey, no problem. I shouldn't really give you a hard time about posting here. It is the perogative of
any Usenet reader is to ignore posts :).