Battle Scars, pedals vrs treepotato....wonder who won

first day out riding on my gusset pedals with no pads on, i
was riding for all of ten minutes, got down to the skate
park spoke to some ppl. "aww go on show us something", i
will not try jump mounts, unispins , or suicide mounts
without pads anymore,, i think it was sketchy half jump
mount/half suicide, whatever it was it bit iinto my calf and
dragged down 8" or so, it was a year ago, but i had to visit
the local town carnival's st.johns 1st aid tent, got it all
bandaged up nicely only to ride the rest of the day and do
the other leg.
> (looked better when i got home and blodd was dripping all
> down my leg and everywhere shame i didn't get a photo then
heres the photo i my sister took while it still looked
kinda nasty with al the blood around it

+-------------------------------------------------------
---------+
| Attachment filename: ouch! 2.jpg |
http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/210202| +-------------------------------------------------------
---------+

--
tom_edmonds - Finally...less talking, more riding

"rest and elevation" we know its all we'll be told, so why do we still
go and wait in A&E all day?
tom_edmonds's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3992

wow i got a lot of replies, seems to be a major part of the
unicycling lifestyle - injuries but as someone said earlier
in this post 'no matter how much we get hurt it doesn't stop
us' which i very true when i get hurt i just think, no right
you are not gonna defeat me unicycle and it eggs me on to
practice even more!

:) ahhh i love unicycling

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

muniracer wrote:
> *i always wear my 661s when i ride. this is why. *

Ditto

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown out?

Heres my contribution. the irony in this situation is that i
was wearing shin pads, and they caused more damage than if
my shin were unportected. i was wearing dainese shin pads
(great shin pads but they leave a pedal sized gap at the
bottom of my shin), u can guess where the pedal struck! the
injury was multiplied by the fact the pedal got burried
under the shin pad and wedged itself under, leaving a 4"
gash and a few other 1" gashes. since then ive gotten some
661s which have taken care of things.

[image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/albuu27/IMG_00-
04.sized.jpg]

iain

--
gingerfreek - unicyclist of mass destruction.

I use my wheel as a weapon!
gingerfreek's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3507