Bay Area and North Bay riders....

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., Jan 28, 2003.

  1. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    looks like I've got to make an appearance at my mom's 75th, sometime in June. She lives just down
    the road (literally) from Anadale Park in Kenwood. I may do an over night or two there, and also in
    Oakland. I'll be flying so no bike. Bottom line is... anyone got a spare 15" or S and would be
    willing to hook up? Or I could rent I guess? I think I'm going to NEED a ride after hanging with my
    nutty family.

    penny

    Tags:

  2. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    > looks like I've got to make an appearance at my mom's 75th, sometime in June. She lives just down
    > the road (literally) from Anadale Park in
    Kenwood.
    > I may do an over night or two there, and also in Oakland. I'll be flying
    so
    > no bike. Bottom line is... anyone got a spare 15" or S and would be
    willing
    > to hook up? Or I could rent I guess? I think I'm going to NEED a ride after hanging with my
    > nutty family.
    >
    > penny

    I don't have an extra bike but I'm next door to Oakland and I would love to hook up for a ride.
    Maybe we can get FlyingCoyote and some other Bay Area people together for an am-b group ride!

  3. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > looks like I've got to make an appearance at my mom's 75th, sometime in June. She lives just
    > > down the road (literally) from Anadale Park in
    > Kenwood.
    > > I may do an over night or two there, and also in Oakland. I'll be flying
    > so
    > > no bike. Bottom line is... anyone got a spare 15" or S and would be
    > willing
    > > to hook up? Or I could rent I guess? I think I'm going to NEED a ride after hanging with my
    > > nutty family.
    > >
    > > penny
    > >

    > I don't have an extra bike but I'm next door to Oakland and I would love
    > hook up for a ride. Maybe we can get FlyingCoyote and some other Bay Area people together for an
    > am-b group ride!

    Hey Cinder Girl,

    If you ever feel like heading out for a ride regardless, let me know. We ride throughout the week in
    the evenings (usually 6.30pm start time, often at Lake Chabot.. meet on Lake Chabot Rd by the
    driveway that leads up to the Nike Classroom and Ten Hills Trailhead), or Redwood Park. More epic
    styled rides on the weekends.

    This past weekend we rode Soquel Demonstration Forest on Saturday, Sunday we rode first at Skegg's
    Pt/El Corte de Madera then followed that up with a ride at Lake Chabot.

    This coming Saturday we're riding through Lake Chabot and Redwood Parks to the Trail Maintenance at
    Joaquin Miller. (Sanborn Drive Ranger Station,
    9.30am)

    Weekend after this coming one we're heading up to Auburn/Cool to preride the Olmstead Loop (for the
    Cool MTB race on Feb 16) and probably a few other trails up thataway.
    :)
    --

    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    --

  4. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    FlyingCoyote wrote:
    > I'm the GRC

    gay roadie coordinator?

  5. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

  6. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    FlyingCoyote wrote:
    >> looks like I've got to make an appearance at my mom's 75th, sometime in June. She lives just down
    >> the road (literally) from Anadale Park in Kenwood. I may do an over night or two there, and also
    >> in Oakland. I'll be flying so no bike. Bottom line is... anyone got a spare 15" or S and would be
    >> willing to hook up? Or I could rent I guess? I think I'm going to NEED a ride after hanging with
    >> my nutty family.
    >>
    >> penny
    >>

    > Penny,
    >
    > I'd love to hook up and do some riding. We don't have a spare bike for you to use, unfortunately.
    > At least not in that size.

    I'm sure someone you know does. :)

    > Oakland is just 10 minutes from here, or less. There are some great trails throughout the Bay Area
    > and June would be a good time of year for most of them.

    uh, yah. Former CCCo resident, know all about that.

    > When you know what day(s) you'll be around, send me an email or call (email me for my number) and
    > I'll show you some local trails. Erin may like to join us as well. She's not a strong rider (yet)
    > but she loves to be out there.

    we might talk sewing....

    > I'm the GRC for my local club and I lead a lot of rides both for the club and on my own. So the
    > time you're down we could either gather some of my regular riding buddies or, if it's a day of a
    > scheduled group ride, we'd be happy to have you join us. :) The people would be of various ages,
    > sex and skills... depending on the ride.

    sounds like too many new people to deal with.

    > If this sounds good, please let me know when you'll be down when you can, so I don't make schedule
    > backpacking or some such. Or if it's weekdays, if I know in advance I can probably manage a couple
    > days off of work. :)

    around 6/20 but nothing is set.

    P.

  7. FlyingCoyote wrote:

    > Weekend after this coming one we're heading up to Auburn/Cool to preride the Olmstead Loop (for
    > the Cool MTB race on Feb 16) and probably a few other trails up thataway.
    > :)
    > --
    >
    > FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    > --

    Have you done the Cool Race before? I was thinking about heading up for the race. I hightly doubt
    I'll make it there for a pre-ride though.

  8. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    "Eric Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    | FlyingCoyote wrote:
    |
    | > Weekend after this coming one we're heading up to Auburn/Cool to preride
    the
    | > Olmstead Loop (for the Cool MTB race on Feb 16) and probably a few other trails up thataway.
    | > :)
    | > --
    |
    | Have you done the Cool Race before? I was thinking about heading up for
    the
    | race. I hightly doubt I'll make it there for a pre-ride though.

    Nope. This will be my first time at this race. I've ridden the Olmstead Loop a few times before
    though. I'm thinking it's going to be really muddy.

    --
    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    --

  9. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > looks like I've got to make an appearance at my mom's 75th, sometime
    in
    > > > June. She lives just down the road (literally) from Anadale Park in
    > > Kenwood.
    > > > I may do an over night or two there, and also in Oakland. I'll be
    flying
    > > so
    > > > no bike. Bottom line is... anyone got a spare 15" or S and would be
    > > willing
    > > > to hook up? Or I could rent I guess? I think I'm going to NEED a
    ride
    > > > after hanging with my nutty family.
    > > >
    > > > penny
    > > >

    > > I don't have an extra bike but I'm next door to Oakland and I would love
    > > hook up for a ride. Maybe we can get FlyingCoyote and some other Bay
    Area
    > > people together for an am-b group ride!
    > >

    > Hey Cinder Girl,
    >
    > If you ever feel like heading out for a ride regardless, let me know. We ride throughout the week
    > in the evenings (usually 6.30pm start time, often at Lake Chabot.. meet on Lake Chabot Rd by the
    > driveway that leads up to
    the
    > Nike Classroom and Ten Hills Trailhead), or Redwood Park. More epic styled rides on the weekends.
    >
    > This past weekend we rode Soquel Demonstration Forest on Saturday, Sunday
    we
    > rode first at Skegg's Pt/El Corte de Madera then followed that up with a ride at Lake Chabot.
    >
    > This coming Saturday we're riding through Lake Chabot and Redwood Parks to the Trail Maintenance
    > at Joaquin Miller. (Sanborn Drive Ranger Station,
    > 9.30am)
    >
    > Weekend after this coming one we're heading up to Auburn/Cool to preride
    the
    > Olmstead Loop (for the Cool MTB race on Feb 16) and probably a few other trails up thataway.
    > :)
    > --
    >
    > FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    > --

    Thanks! That all sounds like fun! I'm not getting out of work early enough for weekend rides and I'm
    skiing the next few weekends (life is rough) .. but when the days get a little longer let me tag
    along on one of your Lake Chabot or Redwood rides!

  10. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    > Thanks! That all sounds like fun! I'm not getting out of work early
    enough
    > for weekend rides and I'm skiing the next few weekends (life is rough) .. but when the days get a
    > little longer let me tag along on one of your Lake Chabot or Redwood rides!

    Great! I'll get more info to you as it comes. :)

    --

    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com